It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Member that needs law help!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Hi all, I have a very personal but serious legal issue I am facing and is hoping someone on our great board can assist?

I own a business and just found out my landlord sold our building to the town and my town is now planning on condeming the building to put a road through it. [B]My question is since by business is just nearly one year old, didnt my landlord have to disclose that the building was for sale at the time of signing of my original lease?[B/]. I need help here people so please if you know "NJ State Laws" please help me out.

Thanks,

Ry

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Hum. Are you sure that the landlord was aware of this possibility before you signed the lease. I believe that if the lease is broken there either needs to be a documented complaint against you or some sort of compensation involved. However being that I am unfarmilar with such laws, I would advise a second opinion.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Check the NJ state laws....

It wouldn't surprise me if that happened to me there, NJ is A pretty liberal state, however you would never get away with that in michigan...

sorry to hear that, I would notify your customers and what not that your moving, put up signs on the door ect...

I think you'll be fine..

What kind of business do you run?

If you have referrals you have no problem, if it's just walk in clients that are in the area, you might have a problem...

Sorry to hear about your problem.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Ok here is the low down, Its a Nostalgic Candy/Chocolate shop, The town proposed to build the new town square 5 years ago, the original plans show the new street coming through the side of my building as well as the next building up, supposively as I was told by the landlord this was an awesome place to put in my shop... Now, I am sure he was well aware of what was taking place because of the building disclosure laws. Every single plan made that is adjacent to a building commercial/residential within 200ft has to be made aware of the proposed building which would make him aware that the town wanted his building thereofore it was placed on the market at least 5 years ago. Man I go from one day someone asking to purchase my store to the next to find out Im going to loose it because the town is going to turn it into a parking lot..

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
My wife is a student of law and is from NJ.. Anyway she said it all depends on the lease.. If it said that he had to tell you, then he would have to. Being he made the lease its not there.

You being the teant you have NO say in the last word. Depending on how much time is left on your lease, You could take him to court for lost wadges, or to relocate you in another place.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I don't know the answer to your question but I know where you can find it.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know that we here have a great community message board but we don't really facillatate legal matters here. So I don't think that there will be any problems in posting this link to another message board that I am member of that specializes in just that.

forum.freeadvice.com...

Very informative and Friendly give it a shot if you need some legal advice.

new topics

top topics

join