It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Devastation in Central PA (Bloomsburg)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

Glad to hear you made it through fairly OK. I can't believe no Bloomsburg Fair! I saw my first "real" concerts there.....Chicago and The Little River Band...hehe. I saw someone mentioned supporting Knoebels in lieu of the fair.....not sure if they were going to do some fundraising or not. It was on facebook....

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Oh yea I'm sure there's all kinds of stuff going on for Knoebel's, however I'd have to kinda dig around to get you more info. One of my cousins actually works there I might be able to ask her if you want. I didn't even bother mentioning them here because nobody from outside the area will know what it is.

** just looked a little bit, apparently Knoebel's is opened back up already, at least partially. **

behindthethrills.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Oh by the way, the Media did cover it, at least somewhat.. Joe Biden came and visited Wilkes Barre.

www.phillyburbs.com...

ns.gazettenet.com...

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Time2Think

I thought I saw that on the news.....wasn't watching much tv over the last week lol

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The Susquehanna at its crest where im located was 42.66 new record. I evacuated when it was close to 35. It was complete chaos. A buddy of mine and myself went and looked at the damage of where it broke through in 72 in forty fort, pa the saturday night after it crested. In the cemetary the dike/levee had giant piles of rock and dirt one was 8ft tall and 20ft wide there was a smaller on to the right of it. The concrete white wall which houses the metal parts of the dike were cracked like an egg shell pretty much of all of it. Then the water actually seperated it from the walk way where people jog maybe half an inch. The whole thing moved its about a quarter of a mile long. They said on the new the damage is minimal but it looks a little more serious than that to me. 100yds down from the cemetary the news said there was bubbling. That "bubbling" blew out a 20yrd wide piece of eath from the grass dike at the bottom section flooding 2 soccer fields with about 3ft of water. It broke and 20 uclids(sp?) piled massive bolders rocks dirt onto the spot. The army engineer in control was screaming his head off ordering them all around. Each truck would dump its load and wait there until the next one dropped its rock to move i guess in fear of it washing awayThe Susquehanna at its crest where im located was 42.66 new record. I evacuated when it was close to 35. It was complete chaos. A buddy of mine and myself went and looked at the damage of where it broke through in 72 in forty fort, pa the saturday night after it crested. In the cemetary the dike/levee had giant piles of rock and dirt one was 8ft tall and 20ft wide there was a smaller on to the right of it. The concrete white wall which houses the metal parts of the dike were cracked like an egg shell pretty much of all of it. Then the water actually seperated it from the walk way where people jog maybe half an inch. The whole thing moved its about a quarter of a mile long. They said on the new the damage is minimal but it looks a little more serious than that to me. 100yds down from the cemetary the news said there was bubbling. That "bubbling" blew out a 20yrd wide piece of eath from the grass dike at the bottom section flooding 2 soccer fields with about 3ft of water. It broke and 20 uclids(sp?) piled massive bolders rocks dirt onto the spot. The army engineer in control was screaming his head off ordering them all around. Each truck would dump its load and wait there until the next one dropped its rock to move i guess in fear of it washing away

posted on Sep, 24 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by raceway40

I love the National Guard, that is who rescued everyone, and they also brought people supplies. It seems that they are the unsung heroes of disasters, as it seems we always hear about FEMA, but it is actually the National Guard that is on the ground immediately after a disaster.

I was just relaying something I heard, but I am glad that it was not that way, so thanks for responding.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wyoming, Susquehanna, Sullivan, Columbia counties and others are experiencing flooding again from the recent rains. I know Solomon's Creek in Wilkes-Barre was supposed to be opening up flood gates last night "as a precaution." Lots of pics from around the area of flooding appearing to be as bad in areas as 3 weeks ago. .....doubt it will get any real coverage so I just thought I would mention it. Those poor people......

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join