It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Possible Grocery Strike in 2 hours in San Diego

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

No word yet.. Been waiting to hear if its a go....
yahoo news

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
The last SoCal strike in 2003/2004 was pretty much a disaster for both the union and the "Big 3" stores. I'm guessing this one will end up the same. Albertson's never really recovered from the last one and their present financial situation isn't all that great as compared to the other two. In the end the residence of the union head in Orange County was being picketed. Strike pay had dropped to $20 a week.

Stater Bros. will get a huge increase in customers just like last time. They won't lockout or shutdown like the others. They just agree to go along with whatever the Union and the "Big 3" finally agree to.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
its so close to tijuana and cia mex narcotic wars

may as well has national guard all over SD streets 24/7

(as if not already)

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
The strike didn't happen.

They reached a win-win kinda agreement.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
will the self checkout robots be on strike as well? what about redbox?

i need movies and beer

My friend who was just down there for a week mentioned something about this when they got back. Has any striker ever really recouped the pay/salary lost from being on the Picket line while picketing for more money and benefits?

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, I can almost say for certain that they have not. When union members stand a line they do still make a little bit of money, but the last time there was a big three strike some of the picket liners were forced to stop picketing because the pool of funds that members set aside to picket with had run dry.
I don't know the exact numbers but it's really unnecessary any way. They take a significant pay cut to strike, and those losses will not be recouped.

Bottom line is this: Any union member that actually believes this strike is for the benefit of the members is either blind, or extremely gullible. Once again this is a politically motivated strike, taking place for the sole purpose of union intimidation. Paying 2 - 8 dollars more per month for healthcare benefits is a non issue to any normal joe, especially when finding affordable healthcare is getting more difficult to do. These jokers are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockdisjoint

I just read it. Strike was averted and an agreement was worked out.
Beverly Hills Courior

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by W3RLIED2
reply to post by SLAYER69

No, I can almost say for certain that they have not. When union members stand a line they do still make a little bit of money, but the last time there was a big three strike some of the picket liners were forced to stop picketing because the pool of funds that members set aside to picket with had run dry.
I don't know the exact numbers but it's really unnecessary any way. They take a significant pay cut to strike, and those losses will not be recouped.

Bottom line is this: Any union member that actually believes this strike is for the benefit of the members is either blind, or extremely gullible. Once again this is a politically motivated strike, taking place for the sole purpose of union intimidation. Paying 2 - 8 dollars more per month for healthcare benefits is a non issue to any normal joe, especially when finding affordable healthcare is getting more difficult to do. These jokers are making a mountain out of a mole hill.

Well, I can say for CERTAIN WHAT YOU JUST SAID WAS A GREAT BIG LIE!!!!

The pool of funds DID NOT ever run dry. In fact, the union actually paid some house and car payments. And it was a lot more than 2-8 dollars more per month.

I can also say for certain, the strike wasn't for union intimidation.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join