It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Satelite May Crash Back To Earth Sept 23 NASA

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Ok so I know there has been speculation about the when with this object, however there is still the question of where ? More to follow ..... Sorry on mobile so will update posted haste

The decommissioned satellite could land anywhere between 57 degrees north latitude and 57 degrees south latitude, a vast swath of populated territory. Predictions will only get more precise as the landing approaches.

T

Source
edit on 18-9-2011 by solargeddon because: pressed enter too soon

Mods: apologies if already posted, I did search, oh and please move to the right forum if its in the wrong one, broadband down, so doing this by tablet

edit on 18-9-2011 by solargeddon because: added source, and apologies

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
i wonder if it will burn blue
a la the hopi prophecies

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Track it for yourselves, here

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Phew, sorry guys about the shaky start to the thread.

Yeah at present NASA have no idea where it is going to land, although I'm sure the closer it gets they will pin it down.

In the meantime where would you Like to see it land ?

Personally for me, I would quite Like it to land next to me, so I could have a memento of an object that has seen space, or failing that land on my ex !

Of course there are far more worthy landing points, just can't think of any one that sticks out in the mind as there are just spoon many lol.

edit on 18-9-2011 by solargeddon because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Already posted by me...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Thanks for letting me know, search function is naff !

Mods please remove

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Hmmm...according to the thread that the actual ELENIN alignment is Sept. 23rd...what if the satelite falling from the sky isn't really a satelite??

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomKnight

Wow..That would be a really convenient lie....This way we have already been told to not be alarmed because something may be falling fromn the sky...!

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I predicted the fall of this machine on space dot com (in a comment) and they, of course, did not publish it.

Roughly... along a line between south of San Diego, CA and Virginia Beach, VA... with a rain pattern that extends roughly 100 miles to either side based on jet stream and wind currents.

Hell no. I am not a psychic. I just figured if I could get it right, I might make a spot on one of the morning news shows and be able to pay my bills a bit easier.

edit on 18-9-2011 by redoubt because: parentheses edit

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SheldonCooper

Thanks SheldonCooper!

I have been watching it now for almost an hour, when I started watching the altitude was 150 miles, now its 141, when it drops to 100 I will post again here.

ETA

Well, it got down to 132 and now its climbing again.
edit on 18-9-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I don't know exactly, but isn't it quite normal for it to change it's altitude !? not sure, but i guess: yes....................

u can see a 5 day prediction for it too ! very cool, based on your region it shows u where that thing's gonna pass by

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I wonder why we don't force space-junk manufacturers to put some kind of end-of-life system on them so that this does not happen? Of course I know the reason is money, but I wonder how much resources are being used tracking this thing? Then when it lands I would imagine the gubbermint is going to go all-out to recover every piece that they can and that will cost a fortune. It seems to me that they could put some kind of booster system on it and just shoot it into "space".

I'm sure there is a good reason why this is not done. Could one of you resident smart people please explain it to me?

And yes, I know it costs a bazzillion per kg to send stuff up and yes I know that it is not easy to break away from Earth's gravity. But, it's also not cheap or easy to send stuff into orbit in the first place.

Like virtually everything that government and big business do, there is no accountabilty.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Here's an update for UARS

LOCAL TIME:
21:0:12
UTC:
04:00:12
LATITUDE:
LONGITUDE:
ALTITUDE [km]:
ALTITUDE [mi]:
SPEED [km/s]:
SPEED [mi/s]:
AZIMUTH:
SW
ELEVATION:
RA:
12h 40m 42s
DEC:
-58° 20' 36''
The satellite is in day light

Is in the South Pacific headed to the equator and up to Southern California.

www.n2yo.com...

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
The altitude surely is decreasing

Last night 9-19 Lowest alt I noted was 132 miles highest 154
tonight 9-20 .................................123......................132

23 miles was at 21:00 local time at lat 18 long -134 (off the coast of So Cal)
132 miles was at 21:40 local time at lat 41 long -8 (Portugal)

eta
ok at 21:56 or thereabouts alt is climbing again 135 over mozambique

don't mind me, this is interesting - I'm keeping track

eta
ok back
Now I have it figured out..
UARS loops around the earth, at its lowest latitude its at its highest altitude.
and vice versa
So here's my last note for tonight

Highest altitude recorded tonight at 22:13 local time was 142.24 at -55 lat 90 long.

Oh yeah, on this pass it will go over the Pacific Northwest

edit on 21-9-2011 by berkeleygal because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join