It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foo Fighters serenade Westboro Church protestors

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Right, I understand, some one else explained it too, but It was better for me to hear it from you!
Yes I understand all groups arent the same, or on the same agenda. I suppose that was me just getting aggravated, which isn't good for any of us either

I see what you mean about how they could bait you into a bad scenario, that wouldn't be good

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
See, you're the same age as my baby brother, and I remember being that age. And I still catch myself with the same attitudes as you have towards what I see as wrong--sometimes even further. The problem is I'm 30, and consequences are the name of the game at my age--or they ought to be.

This has some negative consequences--being aware of consequences gives you more to fear, and for the most part it's not good to live a life of fear. This is why the majority of the things that move the world, especially for radical change, they profile to your age and younger. The Idealists. Enough youth applied to a good cause (something to focus all on) can move mountains all on it's own.

But the other side of that coin is that the force that can move mountains doesn't question why the mountain needs to move in the first place.

---------------------

Besides, this was designed to get to you a little bit...as long as you are open enough. The best chance of redirecting someone's intent is to prick them--especially when you are strangers. If I'm not a little upsetting, I'm not memorable, and you go on your way never having this sink in. And it's not a major life-changing thought--it's a "slow your roll". And to think, if I let that go to far, I'm a troll.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

That post really made me think. I try to be mature about things as much as possible, but I do get a riled up about a lot of things, and your exactly right haha. Thanks for the push in the right direction! (:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by NerdGoddess

You're very mature for your age. Most people your age I know get their news from Perez Hilton -- so you're on the right path. Always question, research and explore.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
the fact that you're willing to look at yourself and think about what needs to change is worth far more than your actual maturity level at any given moment.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join