It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisc. protesters arrested for filming lawmakers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Which reminds me an angle I was wondering about. Why does the house have to be in session for someone to have the permission to tape? Doesn't it work the opposite way that you can record under the law untill the session announces it goes to closed session and media and public are asked to leave?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Which reminds me an angle I was wondering about. Why does the house have to be in session for someone to have the permission to tape? Doesn't it work the opposite way that you can record under the law untill the session announces it goes to closed session and media and public are asked to leave?

From everyhting im familiar with it goes back to interfering in the administration of government. With that being said, thats how my state views it, although off all city council meetings ive pulled security for, its never once been an issue with people recording.

State House though falls under a different security style just because of their status. Although I wonder if it has anything to dow ith the way the federal open records / sunshine law is worded as well?

hmmmm... that makes me wonder...

I know meetings can bec lsoed to the public if it deals with personnel / pay issues. If a vote occurs they are required to relase how each member voted, but not specifics...

If anyone lives in that neck of the woods, can you check the local news to see how this progresses for us?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Doesn't make sense to me if the area is open for public that it would become disruption of administration if someone starts filming.
Also this seems to be a new trend or something. Election pressure or something? This case is similar. Althought they might be in a private event. However the curious part is that they single out this one person who is filming. The video shows that there is others there too. They don't say "we know who you are, you're not welcome in this event". They say: "if you don't stop recording you will have to leave."

posted on Sep, 19 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Well duh your rights aren't absolute.

They made them not absolute when we weren't filming them.

Do you really think people care about this fascist-fabricated legal nonsense, hmm?

Not real Americans.

Patriotism and nationalism are so far from synonymous.

In what revolutionary era were the true patriots "obeying the law"?

Who cares how "absolute" their rights have become, they're going to fight for them, and they aren't going to be bullied by a G* damned poster and some illiterate mooks...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join