It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this stationary object on SOHO?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
What could this object be? It is stationary for a longer period already ?

Anybody seen this before?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Could you post a screenshot please, my computer is a javatard.
tks

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

I saw something like this on a video posted via the suggestion link last night when I was checking out videos from the "Meteor" reports over the Southwest U.S. last night. It looked like the guy was watching on a black and white tv monitor and there were several videos over the past week, guess he's been watching it. I will try to find it, honestly I have no idea what either one of these posts are of but maybe the link will be helpful.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Techata

I tried to upload the screenshot but i am getting the error can't upload picture on ATS? What is wrong?

Link to youtube video : Link
edit on 15-9-2011 by borutp because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

Clearly, it's 'attached' to SOHO.

Dead pixel?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

There's another almost exactly opposite in the top left corner. I'd go with a visual fault myself.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

It might be...but it is dissapearing here and there....pixels don't dissapear and than appear?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

I doubt it disappears, it's visibility just changes as each image is taken and the brightness of the sun and other objects changes.

OR, it's a stuck pixel...

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 15/9/11 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

I have seen some weird things on soho as i browse quite often. If you watch vids, when there is a solar flare it goes wonky. Lmao as if i just used that word. Anyway, due to recent space weather that we are all aware of, i wouldn't doubt if it is a malfunction like others have said, although i still havn't seen what you are talking about. There are a couple of threads where weird artifacts on soho have been discussed. The prodominent one being the "black hole" behind venus that seemed to appear as it moved across soho's view.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by borutp

your post reminded me of this Youtube video "Deep Space UFO spotted again", this guy spotted it last night 09-14-2011 and there were a couple of suggestion links showing he spotted it previously on 09-11-11
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by shell69

This is moving way to slow for the satelite..great video

new topics

top topics

join