It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Germany has shifted and default is now inevitable

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Smoke and mirrors fill the corridors of power. Guessing game of will-she-won't-she goes on, but everyone knows the ending that is the only logical conclusion. This waiting for the inevitable is like watching the final act of a long-drawn tragedy, being played out on a grand, melodramatic scale.

Look at this news:

Its agreement with Greece to restructure its economy so that it could grow and repay its debts - thus preserving the euro - has frayed to breaking point

Thursday, 15 September 2011

A Greek debt default is close. It could come next week, or very soon anyway. Think of Greece as being in intensive care. You enter the eurozone hospital and go up to the ward where Greece is stretched out in agony. You peer through tubes and pumps at the screens recording the patient's progress. What do you find? That it could hardly be worse. The returns that investors demand for owning Greek debt have risen to such astronomical levels that the line goes off the scale. Bonds that are due to be repaid next March are priced at half their official value. This is like looking at a thermometer where the mercury has shot up to the top. But more important are the dials that record the performance of the Greek economy. It is shrinking at 7 per cent per annum, making it ever less likely that the country can meet the promises it made to secure bailout funds. Greece is rapidly getting weaker, not stronger and government revenues, the wherewithal for repaying its debts, are shrinking.

news

edit on 14-9-2011 by greenCo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Can you put this in layman's terms? What is it like for the people there now? How are they managing? How are they living? How has this affected their daily lives? How are people carrying on commerce?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by greenCo

Link is broken

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
reply to post by greenCo

Link is broken

Now is working.
This is the link
news

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alethea
Can you put this in layman's terms? What is it like for the people there now? How are they managing? How are they living? How has this affected their daily lives? How are people carrying on commerce?

My sentiments exactly, s4u!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
My Prediction.....thou may seem a little far fetched...

Greek economy will collapse totally.....
People will begin to riot in the streets....
Anarchy will ensure over the entire country......
The military will struggle to maintain law and order......

Turkey will seize its chance and the Neo-Ottoman Empire will march on into Europe through Greece....Greece will be swallowed my Turkey.

Turkey (aka the Neo-Ottoman Empire) will be supported by the Mid east and the Muslim Invasion of Europe will begin.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
The question is; what will Germany do when Greece do default? I have also read reports citing there is a likelihood of them returning to the drachma..what that means for debt value, investors and the Euro could be huge! What WILL Germany do? Not a country I want to be p**sing off!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Melbourne_Militia

May be a little far fetched, but very very interesting point RE; The Neo Ottoman Empire...nice DP by the way, Aussie, Aussie, Aussie!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
2008 Germany was supporting the "One China" policy and had close ties with mainland China.

2010 they came out against the "One China" policy and started selling military gear/hardware to Taiwan.

Didn't Germany stop using all it's submarines early....likely to go to Taiwan as well?

That's why Germany's having a little economic problem.......

We're getting ready to topple China. Fight for Taiwan is about to git started. Ready to die?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Melbourne_Militia
My Prediction.....thou may seem a little far fetched...

Greek economy will collapse totally.....
People will begin to riot in the streets....
Anarchy will ensure over the entire country......
The military will struggle to maintain law and order......

Turkey will seize its chance and the Neo-Ottoman Empire will march on into Europe through Greece....Greece will be swallowed my Turkey.

Turkey (aka the Neo-Ottoman Empire) will be supported by the Mid east and the Muslim Invasion of Europe will begin.

Egad! I suspect your prediction is possibly accurate. Buckle up everyone we are about to embark on a long miserable ride. There will be no potty stops for the next few thousand days. Hold it please.

top topics

join