It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taurus CT 40 carbine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
When going threw the new 2012 catalog... yeah, it's that time already... I see Taurus has added their fine CT carbine to the American market...

The CT we have now is an adaption of the MT-40, the target of this product was the police market, devoid of a rifle with a caliber suitable for use in urban areas. The MT-40 has the advantage of using the same ammunition of pistols in service in most police forces.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7e7710ca1c6.jpg[/atsimg]
However, the Taurus has seen further and released a version of its semi-automatic carbine chambered in 30.06 caliber. This caliber can have a very high energy stopping power of a .45 ACP caliber bullet, but 180 meters away, this performance impossible for the CT-40 rifle and it's 40 caliber. It's unclear if the Brazilian Army uses this weapon from training or in their units itself. only that huge orders were placed for this fine weapon....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7cc668ce434.jpg[/atsimg]
now for we civilians in the states we have three flavors to chose from...

9mm
.40 S&W
.45 acp

The rifle has an overall length of just over 31 inches with a 16 inch barrel. Ammunition capacity ranges from 34+1 in 9mm to 15+1 in .40, and 10+1 in .45 ACP. Weight varies from just over 8 lbs to 9 1/4 lbs, depending on caliber. MSRP has not been officially disclosed at this time...

The Carbine CT G2 is built to last with hybrid aluminum polymer, reinforced steel frame, black anodized finish and high-strength polymer lower receiver reinforced with steel. Flat top aluminum upper receiver with built-in Picatinny rail allows for further customization. Additional features include a two-position safety/fire selector, adjustable rear sight, fixed front sight and ambidextrous slide catch. The Carbine CT G2 is built to last with hybrid aluminum polymer, reinforced steel frame, black anodized finish and high-strength polymer lower receiver reinforced with steel. Flat top aluminum upper receiver with built-in Picatinny rail allows for further customization. Additional features include a two-position safety/fire selector, adjustable rear sight, fixed front sight and ambidextrous slide catch.

This is not just a new design...Already Battle tested and quickly becoming issued of many South American LEO's heralded around the world for its top-end performance, reliability and workmanship

can't wait to get my hands on one...
youtu.be...

edit on 14-9-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Do you know if it takes Glock magazines? I would love to have one of these and be able to use my Glock mags, which is why I was looking at the Kel Tec Sub-2000. I do like the looks of the Taurus much better but I like the folding feature of the Sub-2000. Not to mention the Taurus looks like it is better quality.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Evil3unnie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Is there a price point on this as of yet? This looks like a great gun. I am going to have to hit the range and see how it shoots. I really want a Sig 556 but that is a bit harsh on the pocket.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil3unnie

Just so you know.... everyone I know who owns a Sub-2000 has broken the factory sights... they are fragile...otherwise... there not bad....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vodo34861
Is there a price point on this as of yet? This looks like a great gun. I am going to have to hit the range and see how it shoots. I really want a Sig 556 but that is a bit harsh on the pocket.

right now it looks like the going price on pre-orders is $609....
if you wait that might come down a lot ... if sales lag

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
reply to post by Evil3unnie

Just so you know.... everyone I know who owns a Sub-2000 has broken the factory sights... they are fragile...otherwise... there not bad....

Yea the sub 2000 factory sights suck, butnif you're gonna use a rifle you should be adding a high priced sight anyhow. My sub is was 300, plus like 150 for the aluminum railed formed, 20 for the fore grip, 30 for all the tactical products, 175 for a vortex strike fire red dot with riser and high cant mount, and 50 for 3 14 round 9mm mags. With a 300 dollar gun you're gonna have to accessorize to create a perfect rifle.

P.s. Im lovin this red dot the way I have it mounted, ill add some pics later

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   

I know it would be a lot to hope for but if this thing hit a $400 point I am sure they would start to sell a lot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Looks like a neat gun but it's a little heavy for a pistol caliber carbine. I personally like the Kel Tec Sub 2000 due to its low weight, low price, and magazine choice. Nutnfancy over on YouTube has just put up a two part video on a variety of pistol caliber carbines, sadly the new Taurus is not included. They test out the above mentioned Kel Tec, a Highpoint 995, a Marlin camp, and an ATI AT94. There could be more parts added, linked below.

Part 1 www.youtube.com...

Part 2 www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
This thing looks very similar to the Beretta CX series carbine which I am not a huge fan of. If I know Taurus it is probably closely modeled after it which is a negative for me. I have shot and had issues with the Beretta versions jamming.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I'm curious to see how it's accuracy compares to the shorter and very accurate Cx4.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Vodo34861

Truth is I've seen this kind of marking before...
They will start out asking 6 bills... and watch those pre orders...

if they do not meet some mystical projected sales forecast the price will come down and they try again...

so your +-400 range might be... and with no hype or writers talking this up... it's possible

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by wiandiii

Experience tells me a light weight weapon is harder to control during rapid fire....
felt recoil is also lessened... true it's easier to hump... but portability isn't everything

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I don't know, 8 - 9 lb's sounds a little too heavy for a carbine like this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Considering my sub 2000 is a 9mm the recoil is very manageable. I don't know if the lower weight would do for the .40 or .45 as I've never shot one of these calibers out of a carbine.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I know it would be a lot to hope for but if this thing hit a $400 point I am sure they would start to sell a lot.

Hope it could sell a lot.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I wonder if it will actually make it to market in 2012. It was in the 2011 new product catalog as well. A few shops even started taking orders and then stopped. I will believe it is coming when it gets here. Taurus has a bad habit of promising new products and then not following through.

posted on Oct, 11 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
unless it's cheaper than the High points (:-)) I don't see the point? The 223 AR is capable of using a 127 gr subsonic load, which hits about like a subsonic 9mm, and with good softpoints, full power 223's have 2-3 times the power and 3-4 times the effective range of the 9mm carbines, so about the only real use they have is for those who can't have a pistol and who can't afford an AR. If the 9mm carbine costs almost as much as an AR, it's a big ripoff. High Point has shown that 9mm carbines can be sold at a profit for $200, so why do any of them cost more?

top topics

join