It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military mystery: How many bases does the US have, anyway?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I find it rather funny too that when you visit the official websites for Lakenheath and Mildenhall, the banner at the top of the page welcomes you to "Royal Air Force Lakenheath" or "Royal Air Force Mildenhall".
Who they trying to kid?

We're a conveniently placed aircraft carrier and surveillance station, nothing more, and I for one would not shed a tear if they packed up went home!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   
USA's bases in foreign countries mean a lot of dollars and theorical geopolitical advantages for the "host" country. At least, the thing went so in the past. You have a clear example in Spain, an isolated dictatorship before the Spanish-American "mutual help" treatise in the 50s, and from then, a "cool" allied against the soviet evil... The Ike-Franco's hugs were very significant.

USA's foreign bases are essential parts of the rules of the game from 1945, dudes.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Inerrancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
reply to post by Inerrancia

Put the consulates and embassies aside for a moment.

How many non-US military bases are inside US territory?

Holy sh***, that made my blood run cold when I read that.

(going to my favorite search engine...sew what I find)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown
reply to post by Inerrancia

Put the consulates and embassies aside for a moment.

How many non-US military bases are inside US territory?

LOL! You'll find NOTHING! The foreign "military bases " in USA are a dream. Look for "corporative bases" in USA's territory. The new geopolitical war is a production & economics war, so for example look for japanese, german, chinese, korean "corporative bases", and you'll find what you're looking for.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandalour

Death Valley, CA. Entrance.
Local Indian legends speak of a tunnel that runs beneath the desert. (Note: The book "Death Valley Men," tells the story of 3 people who are supposed to have found an underground city connected with this tunnel, and who actually took treasures from it. The entrance to the Death Valley Tunnel is in the Panamint Mountains down on the lower edge of the range near Wingate Pass, in the bottom of an old abandoned shaft.

This tunnel must have another entrance as its on a remote area of the Navy Randsburg Wash bombing range and gets only a couple vechicals a week entering the area.
This may be another entrance to what is known a Dorr's cave or Dorr's river of gold.
It may be just being used for ventilation

But there is a old unlisted dirt airfield out there that few know about.
35º 44' 51.12"N 117º 01' 42.71"W

When i was a Security guard out there is rarely got out in that area.
The only time i went into that area was if there was a missing aircraft in the area.

There is stories of a giant cave down around mountain pass area of the Calif desert that runs in that direction.
forum.treasurenet.com...
www.topsecretwriters.com...
www.in-the-desert.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

LOL, you must be of US origin then.

The rest of the world is quite used to having a foreign power's military bases on their soil - all US bases.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

The real question would be:

How many are off the grid that can never be found?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Can't find anything on foreign "bases" on US soil but have found reports of foreign troops here,
Ok people, this isn't funny anymore!
WTH is going on?!

WAKE UP!!

www.libertyforlife.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
There is military presence in most citys. Does anyone know of a city that does not have any military presence?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
I find it rather funny too that when you visit the official websites for Lakenheath and Mildenhall, the banner at the top of the page welcomes you to "Royal Air Force Lakenheath" or "Royal Air Force Mildenhall".
Who they trying to kid?

We're a conveniently placed aircraft carrier and surveillance station, nothing more, and I for one would not shed a tear if they packed up went home!

Lakenheath and Mildenhall are UK bases and rightly titled RAF Lakenheath and RAF Mildenhall. An RAF Commander is present at both bases. Just because they host US units does not make them US bases. They are simply guests of the UK under the US Visiting Forces Act.

The bases and units are also declared to NATO and operate under the mandate NATO Status of Forces Agreement and the visiting forces acts.

www.nato.int...

The likes of RAF Lakenheath also provide NATO with a tactical nuclear strike capability. The UK did away with that capability in the late 1990s leaving the US as the sole provider of tactical nuclear capability to NATO. The US also provide that dual tactical nuclear weapon capability with other NATO nations. The NATO tactical nuclear weapons capability is still part of NATO doctrine so it still remains even though it has been reduced over the last decade. That is why F-15Es and the nuclear weapons storage igloos remain at RAF Lakenheath.

TJ

edit on 14-9-2011 by tommyjo because: Edited link

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Can't find anything on foreign "bases" on US soil but have found reports of foreign troops here,
Ok people, this isn't funny anymore!
WTH is going on?!

WAKE UP!!

[

Welcome to the crazy world of the conspiracy theorist. What is so puzzling to the likes of yourself that the US hosts multi-national exercises on its soil? That includes all sorts of treaties and also contributions to peacekeeping forces. It just shows how paranoid some of you guys actually are. Back in the 1990s British Army Gurkhas were exercising in the US and the local 'NWO spotters' were shouting that the US was hosting and training Chinese combat troops. Some of you guys will believe anything. I love it when the 'NWO troop spotters' create these videos as if they are personally saving the US and alerting the world.

Take this website from the 1990s. They actually have a picture of a 'UN Missile Launcher' Seriously

They can't even identify it, but it is a SCUD.

www.greaterthings.com...

The paranoia is still out there. More Chinese troops and vehicles - not!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These NWO forces spotters would freak out if they went to see a Green Flag or Red Flag exercise. All those foreign aircraft on US soil must be practising close air support for their real use on US soil?

TJ

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by gossipnancy
There is military presence in most citys. Does anyone know of a city that does not have any military presence?

Despite the military presence... the urban police is heavily militarized... (for "our" defense, of course). Take a look to the riot police from every single country on this planet, look at that paraphernalia with armors, kevlar plates, helmets & shields... (common footsoldiers look like boy-scouts with muskets in comparison).

Yes, this is a fantastic caricature of course, but... who knows the things to come?:

www.youtube.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Inerrancia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The 4 other member countries of the 5-Eyes alliance, all have virtual bases within the US since the creation of NATO. These countries usually only occupy bases in the US classified as joint operation bases. They occupy these bases for training purposes in most cases.

It's certainly not like having 1000 bases around the world with offensive capabilities, but we do have a foreign military presence on several JOBs within the US and at the pentagon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join