It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seasonal nostalgia, sense of yearly climate change seems early this time.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Excuse me, for as I start this it might be better in the rant section, as it mostly has to do with my conscious ego, but who really cares? Some of you may know by now by reading my posts how hard it seems for me to articulate my feelings and thoughts, yet I try another attempt. I really hope that some here Identify what I am speaking about because for once it really means something to me. I attempt this after Identifying with a couple of nice folk in person last night who helped confirm what I am saying here.
I never gave it too much thought, but I've always noticed a change of 'flavor of consciousness' if you will, that alters my perceptions through every waking sense of my being. Whew, thats a mouthfull that cannot begin to describe fully with this language. I noticed this year, the summer/fall transition hit me extremely early. It is usually around this certain part of the year that I may catch a virus,(or winter to spring.) Instead of a virus this time, I have an unexplained injury between my two bottom ribs that made it extremely difficult to breathe for a couple of days. It healed quickly, so don't fret. During the night that I received said injury, I was visited through my dreams by someone that wanted to teach me a lesson. This is a person that I have never met in person that sometimes I become in my dreams. I hope you are following me. I'll go further.
All of my life I have had terrible insomnia. Once my father died (I was about 13), I have been able to concentrate on shutting my voice within my head as experiences unfold behind my eyelids. I experience every sense during this time (some of which are not included in human biology and I cannot explain if I tried.) It is a cure for my insomnia if I fall asleep in this state. In fact, this allows me to sleep for over 16 hours if I let myself. I have physically met up with people that do the same thing, and we are actually able to mentally meet up in places and explain our experiences to the t while finishing each others sentences. There are 41/2 of us. I say half because one is a k9. We have made it a point to go our separate paths because we all share this sense of impending doom that clouds our spirit and throws us from balance into the negative, then positive till it fluctuates so quickly that they become one which is our waking world. One of my brothers, (not by birth, but we share memories of before we physically met) is a man of the Hopi Nation. I believe what he says that "everything is exactly as it is supposed to be", and that gives me great comfort.
Sorry I'm going off.
I began my sensory transition three weeks ago. It usually happens when it cools from summer to winter, and we have been seeing record high temps in SO. AZ. this entire time, and I feel like it should be winter already. You know? That bitter sweet feeling? It is rather mundane compared to what I spiritually experience, but it has a huge effect on me mentally and physically.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

Many things you have said here i can relate to, but also a lot that i cannot.

When you say a 'seasonal' transition, do you mean you gain something, and then lose something each year?

Or this year, you have gained something that, previously, you did not?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by BeforeTheHangmansNoose

Many things you have said here i can relate to, but also a lot that i cannot.

When you say a 'seasonal' transition, do you mean you gain something, and then lose something each year?

Or this year, you have gained something that, previously, you did not?

I guess I can say that I gain and lose differently every season, but it reminds me of previous transitions of seasons.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think we are influenced by weather and earthchanges on a much deeper level than just sensory awareness.

Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye. Time is an illusion but something is happening on a cosmic level that gives the appearance of time speeding up. I feel it also but I think our primitive minds are incapable of understanding it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am sure that there is an ancient text of some sort to describe what I am trying to get across here. Maybe by starting this thread I was hoping someone would point me into the right direction. I've read countless material, but I cannot recollect hitting this nail on the head.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I think we are influenced by weather and earthchanges on a much deeper level than just sensory awareness.

Christmas will be here in the blink of an eye. Time is an illusion but something is happening on a cosmic level that gives the appearance of time speeding up. I feel it also but I think our primitive minds are incapable of understanding it.

I agree wholeheartedly, yet I believe that somebody understood, and/ or understands this. I keep on thinking of the emerald tablets, but that spins me off to another subject.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

I have to disagree with you here, i'm inclined to say time is relative to ourselves and not a result of a 'law' or something on a huge scale.

However we experience time, is independent of how everyone else experiences time, and this is evident in (i might be slightly off her) low earth orbiting, I remember learning about how if we were to orbit earth for X amount of time, when we come back to earth we would be X amount of time younger, as our bodies and selves, experienced time differently for X amount of time. If that makes sense?

Though that being said, we cannot even prove time exists... really just shows how little we know about... well everything.

new topics

top topics

join