It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Court Rejects Challenge to State's Concealed Gun Law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Qemyst

If everyone was allowed to concealed carry, including yourself, and you had a fit of 'road rage' or got into another 'dispute' with someone in public, would you feel that shooting them would be wise in a society where other bystanders packing heat would see you?

Uh....duh?..You'd probably think twice on shooting someone over something as trivial as an argument or road rage when you knew most people wouldn't be carrying.

WRONG!

In your road rage scenario, the person is in a rage, that kinda diminishes their judgement. They aren't thinking clearly or they wouldn't be in a rage to begin with. A person who has a gun in a road rage scenario may just decide to hell with the chances that the other guy is armed too and start shooting the person to begin with.

Do you seriously think that less gun laws would stop a gang member from shooting up a neighborhood? Do you think that if everyone had a gun, then no one would use them? People would, how do I know? Because PEOPLE DO USE GUNS TO HURT PEOPLE.

This isn't the wild west anymore. Guns definitely have a place in our society. And I personally believe that we should never rid our country of the right to bear arms. It's our greatest national defense. A lot of people think that I'm anti gun, I'm not, I'm anti moron.

New York's CCW law does make sense. It doesn't prevent people from owning a firearm. You just have to have a legitimate reason to conceal carry one. Being Joe Blow from the Bronx and thinking you might need one to pop a cap in the local hood rats when they look at you cross eyed is not a legitimate excuse. To me, being a pizza delivery driver in the Bronx would though.

The people that inhabit these gun threads often make me wonder if they themselves are too immature to own a firearm. Responsibility is more important than the right to bear arms. And some people don't seem to grasp that concept. They think guns are a toy, and they treat them as such and think that if the government does anything that they can twist and manipulate into an anti gun law, they get their panties in a bunch and start screaming at the top of their lungs the second part of the 2nd Amendment while all the while ignoring the first part of that amendment.

Gun regulation is not infringement. It just keeps the morons from hurting themselves with a weapon they are too immature or stupid to be playing around with.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
WRONG!

In your road rage scenario, the person is in a rage, that kinda diminishes their judgement. They aren't thinking clearly or they wouldn't be in a rage to begin with. A person who has a gun in a road rage scenario may just decide to hell with the chances that the other guy is armed too and start shooting the person to begin with.

We'll just have to agree to disagree here. Sure, they're in a rage, but that doesn't completely blind a person from the implications of their actions unless they have severe mental issues, in which case they shouldn't have been allowed to purchase a gun to begin with. And, they would have to worry about everyone else having guns pointed at them, not just the target of their road rage.
They're not going to deny someone the right to buy a gun because they get angry. Everyone gets angry. They will deny a person from buying a gun if that person gets angry...and is literally a psychopath.

Do you seriously think that less gun laws would stop a gang member from shooting up a neighborhood? Do you think that if everyone had a gun, then no one would use them? People would, how do I know? Because PEOPLE DO USE GUNS TO HURT PEOPLE.

No. I don't think it would stop gang members from shooting up a neighborhood altogether. They would get their hands on the guns just like non gang members. I do think, however, that others who are NOT gang members, who also have guns, would be able to protect themselves much better from those maniacal gang members. People sure do use guns to hurt people. The people who get hurt by those bad gun wielding people would be able to defend themselves better if they had guns of their own.

New York's CCW law does make sense. It doesn't prevent people from owning a firearm. You just have to have a legitimate reason to conceal carry one. Being Joe Blow from the Bronx and thinking you might need one to pop a cap in the local hood rats when they look at you cross eyed is not a legitimate excuse. To me, being a pizza delivery driver in the Bronx would though.

I delivered pizza in a bad area, actually, and I've pulled my gun out more than once, and I'm betting that it's saved my life. Gang members will kill people even if they DON'T have guns.

The people that inhabit these gun threads often make me wonder if they themselves are too immature to own a firearm. Responsibility is more important than the right to bear arms. And some people don't seem to grasp that concept. They think guns are a toy, and they treat them as such and think that if the government does anything that they can twist and manipulate into an anti gun law, they get their panties in a bunch and start screaming at the top of their lungs the second part of the 2nd Amendment while all the while ignoring the first part of that amendment.

Gun regulation is not infringement. It just keeps the morons from hurting themselves with a weapon they are too immature or stupid to be playing around with.

I would agree that only those who are mature enough to own a firearm should actually own one. However, I would certainly want to know that others out in public are carrying, for the times when someone who ISN'T mature enough has one too, and they start misusing it.

Cheers

new topics

<< 1   >>

join