It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6.4 mag quake Vancouver Island, Canada Region

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by PamelaBritton2U
reply to post by SusanFrey

I predicted this quake. No, seriously. The evidence is on my Facebook page. My record for large (usually 6.6+ quakes) is now 3 out of 4. Again, see my FB page. And before you ask, I never feel anything lower than a 6.5. They have to be 6.6 or above. It's like seasickness for me. I literally have to grab my desk at times because I feel like I'm rolling.

See my FB page for all the evidence you need. Okay, taking off my tinfoil hat. I'm not a kook. Just a reporter for a newspaper.

Pam

Sorry, can't see anything on your facebook page

Maybe your settings are set to where you can't see posts unless you are friends?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Cnn saying it was 50 miles deep.
Nothing major.

Any doomsday cultist blame this on the comet yet?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Seems I am the only one here who felt it first hand being located in Campbell River, there was two tremors, the first lasted about 30 seconds and was weaker than the second. The second tremor was about another 30-45 seconds and felt allot stronger and there was about a minute between each other.

When this first started happening I thought I was verge of blacking out but shortly after realized I was not when I noticed the trees starting to sway. It was not strong enough yet to shake any windows, plates, etc at my house. I have called a few friends around my town and it was quite noticeable if you were indoors but some that were driving did not feel it at all.

edit on 9-9-2011 by Harles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by StarPeace

Yes - they beat you to the post.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I felt it a bit in Marysville, WA. Felt like a decent sized truck was going by and all the pictures on the wall are crooked. There are some people in Seattle that felt it- a dj from The End (radio station) said the building he is in was swaying pretty good. And someone else said they felt it, too... My husband is in Everett which is between Seattle and me and he didn't feel it. Seems to be hit and miss... depending on elevation? Everett is higher than Marysville... His location is around 400-450 ft. higher than here... Building type, also, maybe?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harles
Seems I am the only one here who felt it first hand being located in Campbell River, there was two tremors, the first lasted about 30 seconds and was weaker than the second. The second tremor was about another 30-45 seconds and felt allot stronger and there was about a minute between each other.

When this first started happening I thought I was verge of blacking out but shortly after realized I was not when I noticed the trees starting to sway. It was not strong enough yet to shake any windows, plates, etc at my house. I have called a few friends around my town and it was quite noticeable if you were indoors but some that were driving did not feel it at all.

If anybody has any questions for someone who felt it first hand ask away, I cannot think of much more to add.

Yeah? USGS did have two up at first....I think they are confused by this one for some reason. I have heard a few people say they felt two.

Thanks for the story.

Jenn

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Discussing it here too... kinda. Linked this thread.

Started a thread in Breaking News too so members can have more opportunity to find the story. Feel free to pop in but I also linked this thread which is getting much more action! S n F!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Reading the input pouring into facebook right now.

I am kind of disappointed how many of the people's status' are ill-informed or fearful.

And most of them seem to think that it is still occuring or was like 10 minutes ago? lol.

drama queens;

"Lee Knickle
Are all my BC friends okay? I heard that people as far as Kelowna felt the earthquake off Vancouver Island...is everyone okay?!"

"Anupam Biswas
Earthquake at Delhi and the same in Vancouver!! 2012 coming!!"

"Eric Hughes
Earthquake just happened! Did anyone feel it?
· · a few seconds ago"

"Eanna Carter
Didn't feel the earthquake...........but I am still freakin out.........I hate those things!"

"Kelly Schildtknecht-Wetzel
Wow now a earthquake in canada people open your eyes the big man up stairs is sending a message to us that time is almost up"

I cringed at that one.

"Rick Molloy
Wow big ass earthquake just hit the northwest. Vancover island. 6.4"

"Julia MacKenzie
Please, please, please tell me that was the Earthquake Everyone has been terrifying me about... I feel like this one should count as "the big one" since they are evacuating buildings downtown and I don't want to carry this Earthquake kit around..."

PEOPLE. Nothing happened! Settle your horses!

The big one will be unlike anything you or I have ever experienced. There is no comparison.

but this one made me lol

"Sydney Platt
Sure glad I was finished at the dentist when that earthquake hit!"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
About the only town I can see which might be close enough to be affected by the quake would be Tofino. Any members from there?

There is some speculation, on news sites, of a small tsunami, but nothing official I've read yet.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Felt it here in Courtenay in the Comox Valley. Was out having a smoke and thought that damned big one had arrived. Luckly it was only slight shaking for a few moments.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Discussing it here too... kinda. Linked this thread.

Started a thread in Breaking News too so members can have more opportunity to find the story. Feel free to pop in but I also linked this thread which is getting much more action! S n F!

Had one up too MOD closed it ?????????????

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
with every week that goes by with a 6.0 + EQ hitting near big population centers the SHEEPLE are gonna have to wake up eventually
edit on 9-9-2011 by SuperTripps because: grammar

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrdwzrd
yup, work in downtown vancouver and our building just shook pretty good. originally the Canadian earthquake site called it a 5.7 out of Campbell River but now its updated to a 6.7 off Vancouver Island.

Just talked to my friend on Vancouver Island there and he said he didnt feel a thing, kinda weird...
edit on 9-9-2011 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

I live pretty close to down town and I didn't feel a thing. My wife works in the heart of down town and didn't feel anything either...very strange

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidsmoke206
No, noticeable shaking here in Seattle, WA.

2nd line, sorry, felt chiming in was relevant and important to the topic what with me living relatively close to it, but could clearly do it in one sentence.

That is odd. a 4.5 in VA and I felt it in norther DE.

But, USGS would explain it as "different ground." The ground along the west coast loosely packed so the quake does not disperse evenly nor as far.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
One guy predicted it on YT

www.youtube.com...

and other (so called) "weird" stuff................

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
im curious as to why none of the aftershocks are being recorded on any sites like global quake incident map and usgs.

here it says aftershocks have been rocking since

Aftershocks following the 6.4-magnitude earthquake that hit off the west coast of Vancouver Island around midday Friday, causing buildings to sway as far away as downtown Vancouver, are expected to continue for days.

There were several dozen aftershocks after the 12:42 p.m. quake, the largest of which measured 4.9, said seismologist John Cassidy of Natural Resources Canada.

He said aftershocks following a 6.4-magnitude quake can be 5.0 or more.

Source

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
My brother lives in Vancouver and he said he could hardly feel it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
For the love of God people, please do some research before stating wild conjecture: earthquake.usgs.gov...

It was a 6.4 @ 23 km. The relative depth makes it unlikely a tsunami would occur due the geological age of the strata. In order to get a tsunami, you have to have uplift at the surface! Period. Because the Cascadian Plate is a subduction zone, the quake would have to be closer to the surface to get the uplift that would cause a tsunami!

I live Federal Way, which is 20 or so miles south of Seattle and we didn't feel a thing!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It's rare to have earthquakes in Canada,but lately they have been happening a lot.

I fear there's going to be a huge one in Canada yet!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What I find even stranger is that there were NO after shocks. IMO I believe that this was a foreshock of something MUCH worse to come before the month is over.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join