It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Debt crisis possibly a manufactured sham - $500 billion more was just authorized in senate.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
blogs.wsj.com...

I am sort of at a loss on what to think. This was just a ploy by Republicans to keep us hosed until next year? Is this perhaps just a wild theory. Or maybe it holds some weight as after all..why would anyone want Obama having any success at all as it can be used for his benefit to the general public to get re-elected. If so..we are being sold down river to really god awful partisan politics.

$400 billion dollar jobs plan already being paid for anyone?
edit on 9-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I am confused as to how you came to that conclusion based on the article that you posted. Would you care to elaborate on your position?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
This was already part of the debt ceiling agreement last month... should be another one early next year provided the super committee can do their jobs and pinpoint the target figure of spending cuts..

The 450B the President was talking about last night is not part of this deal... although the President asked the committee to locate additional cuts to pay for that 450B.. ( if I remember correctly)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Old77
I'm afraid I share notquitesure's confusion. This was an action taken by Senate Democrats, who voted on party lines (with one exception), to speed up the process of lifting the debt ceiling again.

Could you explain why you think its a GOP debt crisis, why you think its a sham, and what you understood the blog to mean?

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well more than anything I am wondering if this allows people to vote against it and look good but really be for it. It looks like it is all fake to me is what it comes down to. I mean without senate control...why even allow this measure to be there..we are broke..of course we would have lost the argument in the senate...

Just seems like partisan politics to me that both sides walked away with something thats really a disaster for the public.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Old77

I see where you're coming from, but I think it's more a case of the establishment generally being ok with raising the debt ceiling. By establishment I mean Dems and Pubs alike. This wasn't some kind of slick maneuver just by the Republicans trying to pull one over on Obama and everybody else.

In reality, were it not for the Tea Party types, the debt ceiling likely would have been raised without objection, and most of us would have been none the wiser.

new topics

top topics

join