It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Imperial hubris of the war on terror - interview with CIA bigshot

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Imperial hubris of the war on terror - interview with CIA bigshot

www.abc.net.au

Michael Scheuer has headed the CIA's Osama bin Laden tracking unit and now argues the "war on terror" has actually made Al Qaeda bigger and done nothing to addres the reasons for terrorism.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.abc.net.au
edit on 9-9-2011 by UniverSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
hell of a lot of spin, but worth a listen.
its part of the growing 911 fear that i am watching on australian tv, im sure its big in the us but we are getting bombarded.
if something doesnt happen on the big day im going to be suprised; its fairly easy to tell when the media is building up to something

look at the whole unconfirmed threat thing
most of us know the msm have an agenda behind every story.
and this one is perplexing, its a weird thing to say.

but time will tell...
im taking bets tho

www.abc.net.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
The US and NATO go into one innocent country after another, and WRECK THEM, then steal from them, and replace everything there that was becoming good and advancing, with retrograde Talibandom.

WHAT THE F*CK???!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by simone50m

there is no justice is there

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
reply to post by UniverSoul

There is no justice, and it ENRAGES me. As long as the Neocon Fascist lying Devil worshiping phoney Christian-Conservative Zionist masterbators-to-mass-genocide remain in power, there will never be justice.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Michael Scheuer has headed the CIA's Osama bin Laden tracking unit and now argues the "war on terror" has actually made Al Qaeda bigger and done nothing to addres the reasons for terrorism.

Well well...

Wasn't he the guy in charge?
FAIL

Why did it take him so long to get OBL?
FAIL

Al Qaeda is larger now than when he started...
FAIL

Isn't he out of a job now since OBL is dead?
I smell a book deal or $omeone making the circuit $peaker round$
edit on 9-9-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   

I feel your pain, friend.

I could be wrong, but I feel we are near a tipping point, but at home and the world at large. Something is going to change soon - hopefully for the better.

Regardless, remember one thing. All men are born, and all men die. Despite love, sorrow, comfort, suffering, riches or poverty, that is the only final truth of this world. All those committing atrocites will share the same fate, so while continuing to strive against them to share light in this life, give the bad no more weight that this fact entails.

Some will disagree, but I believe only eternity matters in light of this fact. Do the best we can to fight the pressing darkness and share in peace and love, but do not let it drag you down since the perpetrators share the same end regardless - and I'm not optimistic as to their chances with eternity.

Be blessed.

edit on 9/9/2011 by Praetorius because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

and I'm not optimistic as to their chances with eternity.

Amen to that!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul There is no justice, and it ENRAGES me. As long as the Neocon Fascist lying Devil worshiping phoney Christian-Conservative Zionist masterbators-to-mass-genocide remain in power, there will never be justice.

just know that a growing number of people including me know how you feel and understand the same reality we find ourselves in

praetorious does a good summary:

Originally posted by Praetorius

I could be wrong, but I feel we are near a tipping point, but at home and the world at large. Something is going to change soon - hopefully for the better.

Regardless, remember one thing. All men are born, and all men die. Despite love, sorrow, comfort, suffering, riches or poverty, that is the only final truth of this world. All those committing atrocites will share the same fate, so while continuing to strive against them to share light in this life, give the bad no more weight that this fact entails.

Some will disagree, but I believe only eternity matters in light of this fact. Do the best we can to fight the pressing darkness and share in peace and love, but do not let it drag you down since the perpetrators share the same end regardless - and I'm not optimistic as to their chances with eternity.

Be blessed.

there is defintley a tipping point, and our civilazaiton is quickly reaching it
i believe that large greedy societys create a paradox and nature has its own evolved techniques to eliminate it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by UniverSoul There is no justice, and it ENRAGES me. As long as the Neocon Fascist lying Devil worshiping phoney Christian-Conservative Zionist masterbators-to-mass-genocide remain in power, there will never be justice.

just know that a growing number of people including me know how you feel and understand the same reality we find ourselves in

praetorious does a good summary:

Originally posted by Praetorius

Be blessed.

there is defintley a tipping point, and our civilazaiton is quickly reaching it
i believe that large greedy societys create a paradox and nature has its own evolved techniques to eliminate it.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

what do you guys thing about the 10 year aniversary?
would you agree the media is building up the fear?

ive become good at reading the media (for example predicting election results)
and i would say that something will happen, possibly a false flag

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Absolutely. Here in the US, everytime I take a quick looksee at what the MSM is up to, it's this innevitable fear mongering about a terror threat. But we know who that terror threat is really from, and it's not some devout religious guys living far away.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by simone50m
Absolutely. Here in the US, everytime I take a quick looksee at what the MSM is up to, it's this innevitable fear mongering about a terror threat. But we know who that terror threat is really from, and it's not some devout religious guys living far away.

yeah i couldnt imagine what its like over there..

they way i look at it, if they wanted to promote pride and strength they would say they captured terrorists pr something like that
but instead they say something so vague as an 'unconfirmed possible threat'

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

It's hard to say, friend. They're definitely setting building up a stage for the possibility, and with the recent chatter from Cheney, Rumsfeld, and the like lately, some of them definitely seem to be hankering for something to happen to scare the people back into line to continue their agenda of expansion and control.

Having said that, though, this is also an election cycle. Something like that might help, but I think we may also see something big that WAS going to happen, that is stopped "by Obama" and ends up helping him out.

Hopefully nothing comes about, but I'm about to the point where I have a hard time trusting one way or the other even if it does. Can't really trust the news anymore to tell you what's really going on (is half the stuff I hear about even really happening?), and then can't trust the cause. It's been way too much of the boy who cries wolf for way too long and I'm just about ready to stop paying attention to it altogether while I try to do my little bit to help and hopefully get other people to realize what's worth focusing on instead of the constant show from government and all the stupid little distractions we otherwise waste so much time on in life (while people starve in our cities and around the world, get bombed, and on and on).

So much to work on, I hardly know where to aim other than doing my little piece in the day-to-day.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Actually if you listen to the interviews he has done in the past he explains how the CIA had gave the administration multiple oportunities to capture or kill Bin Laden before 9/11.

top topics

join