It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Moon

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
And, there are no freaking bases on the Moon.

Why are you so certain about that? Aliens are smarter than people, they can build any base there if they want to do that...

More likely is that those bases are under ground, to ensure protection against asteroids.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The moons gravity is 64% that of earths

That's a lie. The actual number is 16%. It's apalling that you are too lazy to google it, or check you physics textbook.

What are you using as an earth-moon gravity neutral point figure?

[edit on 24-8-2004 by johnlear]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
it was actually said that the "hoax" was staged at Area 51.... Not a studio, because it resembles the moon because of the nuclear testing and what not .. Another thing is the Flag in the videos of them on the moon is "flapping" in the wind..

One thing could be that the government just doesn't want us to know whats going on... Because if they did our "Democratic" society as we know it would falter and we would become more unified amongst eachother instead of being as divided as we are.

You have to remember NO matter how "altering" the information might be, if someone doesn't like the direction it takes them, They'll cloud their vision and everyone elses.. People with respondsibility often make decisions assuming what someone in a higher position might want them to do.

ALSO REMEMBER %99 of the world is mentally dead. Could care less about anything... they're just worried about getting to work and paying the bills and dying.

As far as I'm concerned, (not only, but) The united states has made contact, found "debris" (we'll use that word because everytime they see something in space thats their "code word" ie. Santa Claus)
and have been researching it since Roswell...

(I realize this may be a little off topic but bare with me please)

Since then, we have seen LOTS of "UFOs" (UFOs to us perhaps)
the example I'll use is one a lot of people have "Debunked"
The Twin Towers UFO (The one in the FACES OF DEATH video).....
(I'm going to address lots of conspiricies)

Lets just say for the sake of Argument that Bush "bought" the election (all the controversy with DBT Online) and he had an alterior motive (being the war in Iraq) But he needed a reason to Start the war. (If you watch the CNN Footage, right as its all happening, scrolling at the bottom is information about "High Gas prices" [somewhat related])

Now in the Faces of Death Video maybe the "craft" were seeing is FROM this world... Could it have been the US government making plans? afterall Osama was on the CIA payroll... and the Taliban WAS funded by the CIA to carry out "unknown" missions.

Maybe the moon is actually a test facility for us ... but much better hidden than our linked base on earth (Area 51) and maybe we assemble the crafts on earth and test them slightly on earth but take them to the moon to do more random testing.
An explanation for the vapour seen in the video... maybe its because we haven't quite figured out the technology yet and it still needs to be tweaked.

Remember the government are the ones who plant the seed but lay weeds around the wheat. They love telling us whats happening but seeding doubt so we don't have a %100 grasp on it. Kind of leaving it for the people smart enough to figure it out.

Its such a great idea to tell the public its not you doing certain things but a unknown race of aliens. I suggest half of the UFOs we see today are government tested craft. and the other half are actual "Aliens"

[edit on 24/8/04 by dnero6911]

[edit on 24/8/04 by dnero6911]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by dnero6911
. Another thing is the Flag in the videos of them on the moon is "flapping" in the wind..

Herein lies one of the dilemmas for NASA.. The flag is flapping because there is, in fact, wind. There is an atmosphere. There are clouds, mist, fog.

The secret that NASA is covering up is not that they didn't go to the moon, its what they found there.

When I ordered LO II-162H from a NASA contractor (I forget which one) they not only sent me the 16x20 unretouched negative but also included 2 digital photos of the moon, one taken in the late 40' one taken in the 50's by the Lick Observatory (I had asked for neither photograph). There are artifacts on both of them but the one I like best is of a beautiful very high, graceful arch crossing either de la Rue or a crater right next it northwest of Endymion. On the edge of the crater Endymion you can see what appears to be the remains of a dome which covered the crater. This arch can be readily seen in the commercially available poster of the full moon available just about anywhere (They always use the same photo of a full moon for posters...it was taken by the Lick Observatory in the 40's or 50's.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:10 PM
link   
i thought the world towers sci fi vapor trail ufo was a hoax.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
That's a lie. The actual number is 16%. It's apalling that you are too lazy to google it, or check you physics textbook.

You are certainly welcome to your opinion but there is no reason to call me a liar just because my views don't coincide with yours. I would like to know the truth just like you would, but since neither of us will be going to the moon anytime soon lets just call it 'informed speculation'. Thanks

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnlear

You are certainly welcome to your opinion but there is no reason to call me a liar just because my views don't coincide with yours. I would like to know the truth just like you would, but since neither of us will be going to the moon anytime soon lets just call it 'informed speculation'. Thanks

Sorry I went too far in my choice of words. I would like to point out, however, that the mass of the moon was estimated a long time ago, before there was NASA or conspiracy theories. The size the moon is directly measurable. The gravity on the surface is easily calculated and is 16% that of the Earth. Is's not a speculation but fairly basic science.

There is no atmosphere on the Moon. Gravity is not enough to sustain one, plus there'd be dust storm once in a while -- and that just never happens.

I feel a little silly discussiong this, but mildly refreshing at the same time. When my son is old enough to ask about the Moon, I'll have all the asnwers rehearsed

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I would like to point out, however, that the mass of the moon was estimated a long time ago, before there was NASA or conspiracy theories. The size the moon is directly measurable. The gravity on the surface is easily calculated and is 16% that of the Earth. Is's not a speculation but fairly basic science.)

Estimating the gravity of the moon is what caused all of the initial failures of both US and Russian attempts to photograph, soft land or orbit the moon. The mass of a planet which determines its gravitational pull cannot be determined without knowledge of shell-thickness, the percentage and size of caverns and the average density of the shell material (if you don't want to use neutral point distance). And the US and Russian were estimating gravity on the size alone. As I mentioned in a previous post, finding the neutral point of the gravitational pull between the earth and the moon will tell us what percent of the earths gravitational pull (assuming earth to be 1) will the moons gravitational pull be. If the neutral point is half of the average distance between the earth and the moon then their gravity would be equal. All I asked was what distance from the moon or the earth was the neutral point you were using to compute a moon gravity of 16% that of earths.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Look at some interesting data here.

This is the last post I make here because abundance of science readily available makes many claims in this thread ridiculous. Adios.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aelita
Look at some interesting data here.

This is the last post I make here because abundance of science readily available makes many claims in this thread ridiculous. Adios.

Abundance of science does not the truth make. Enjoyed your company! Drop by again, sometime.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Check this out:

astralvoyage.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 07:11 PM
link   
TheSaint have you dug up those pictures of mars? I have played around with mars'
pictures, changing the RGB values and made a pretty blue sky and a brownish landscape.
But i'd love to see the ones you have.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by enrage
i thought the world towers sci fi vapor trail ufo was a hoax.

I just recently DLed this video and wonder how it was decided it was a hoax? The only thing that bugs me on it is the sound it makes as soon as it approaches the helicopter but makes no sound when it moves from behind the tower to its 2nd resting spot though it appears that it is closer at the start of movement when behind the tower then when it makes its approach toward the helicopter.

I really think that for the most part of that video is rea (helicopter and location)l. Though the object does move within real amount of frames for what speed it appears to travel at. The female in the video does point to the exact point when she notices it and when it moves to its second spot. The person behind the camera also moves the camera at a very fast but yet smooth rate to catch up with the object again. Everything that is supposed to be on the film as for city wise, is in fact shown within that very quick sweep of the horizon.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join