It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive blackout in San Diego and beyond 9-8-2001

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Quantum Logic

it makes sense to have the shops shut but if people cant get home thats a problem. before judging you need to know what severed them.
just the date 9/11 , that is the specific and credible threat all by itself. it doesnt make sense to do that to your own country but i hear what you say

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
My bet is this is completely related to the X-flare. When was that post, one or two days ago when it was announced. deffinitely have to go and find that thread. Be back People

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
X class solar flare blasts away...

There it is, seems that was on 9/3/11 though. Guess the news will tell us the actual cause

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

it makes sense to have the shops shut but if people cant get home thats a problem. before judging you need to know what severed them.
just the date 9/11 , that is the specific and credible threat all by itself. it doesnt make sense to do that to your own country but i hear what you say

anybody think of the ones trapped in elevators??

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ZIPMATT

You do not understand. I did not judge anything or anyone. Your comment about people not getting home being a problem is EXACTLY my point. That would cause chaos, and as terrible as it is to accept, that in essence is the very condition they want.

I have only stated a possibility, not a probability. The point is everyone needs to pay close attention to the details that seemingly slip through the cracks the next 3 or 4 days. These details may be our only clue if some type of event really does happen. If nothing happens (which is what I sincerely hope), then at least I can say I paid very close attention to the world around me for a few days- nothing more, nothing less.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

If what you say about the government is "true" then what is the governments gain from it? At least a blackout you could move something you want hidden? Every action there is a opposite and equal reaction, right? All you have to do is ask yourself "why" and "what is the gain" sometimes the answer is not what you think it will be, and sometimes the answer is right under your nose.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Whoops, thats what I get for typing too fast.

Officials are saying they could have power back tomorrow. I haven't seen anywhere that they say why it went out. I can't see it being barbecue of a comet or solar flare as its scattered areas instead of 1 large area. Why would some parts have power in that same general area if it was from comet/solar flare?

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Slade88green
reply to post by kdog1982

Whoops, thats what I get for typing too fast.

Officials are saying they could have power back tomorrow. I haven't seen anywhere that they say why it went out. I can't see it being barbecue of a comet or solar flare as its scattered areas instead of 1 large area. Why would some parts have power in that same general area if it was from comet/solar flare?

The Associated Press

Date: Thursday Sep. 8, 2011 10:54 PM ET

SAN DIEGO — An employee at a power substation in southwest Arizona likely caused a massive outage that left more than 2 million people without electricity across the Southwest and northern Mexico.

Sorry was an IT guy,

who went,, oopppssss,,

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

Originally posted by ZIPMATT

anybody think of the ones trapped in elevators??

I do,I work on elevators and it is total chaos when the power goes out and they have no back up generator.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I live in San Diego.
We got our power back on last night.. late.

ALL power was out. no stoplights, no refridgerators.. no gas pumps.

NO CELL SERVICE EITHER!!!

We have Sprint, and our phones were down until the power came back.
we had no phones, no internet, no communication.
The grid is seriously flawed.
It taught us alot about what we need to do to be prepared, and opened our eyes.

I was caught with less than 10 gallons of fules in the truck, and not nearly enough water on hand to have lasted us if this had been any worse. No cash either.. the banks and ATMs weer also down.

Tempers were fine, most people fired up grills and took advantage of the few stores accepting cash and selling half priced warm beer..lol

but a blackout of that size, no cell service and no news did scare the pants off a few of us... me included.

I was thinking bad event, and communications shut off to contain the "problkem" as longa s possible.
spooky scenario.
Thankfully, it was just a clumsy tech that caused this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join