It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Porton Down

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Hi does anyone know anything about this place? I did a search but there was threads from 2004 in there just seeing if anyone has updated info.

thanks
Jay

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by ototheb85

Dam mod can you move this too Area 51 and other Facilities please?

thanks
Jay

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Porton Down used to be the Biological warfare department labs. It had a cover story as being a centre for flu research. This story endured for years. However, all types of agents were tested there including Blister Agents, Blood Agent and Nerve Agents. Also, I am sure '___' experiments were carried out in order to develop incapaciting nerve agents.

It is located not too far from Blandford Garrison, were I was based for a while in the mid 80s.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ototheb85
Hi does anyone know anything about this place? I did a search but there was threads from 2004 in there just seeing if anyone has updated info.

thanks
Jay

There's a good reason for the lack of info...it's highly secretive. You could try a search on 'Defence Science and Technology Laboratory'

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
It's also where they grow all the Marijuana for the medical industry. Probably head down there when TSHTF. Ona more serious note, this is an excellent documentary about Britain's secret bases.
1 0f 5.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
hmmm it’s a 2 and a half drive from Milton Keynes.. Next time I go Cornwall might go past if it’s not too much of a detour!
Cheers anyways for reply’s, I will do some home research if I get the chance.
The reason I asked is because we just got an order from someone there and my boss said about experiments going on there.
I thought this would be the best place to ask about it 
Jay

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
The foul crap they made there was often tested on unsuspecting human guinee pigs..
The scientists involved and the MOD have never been held to account for their actions,
and the full scale of the cover up has never been exposed..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
This website should keep you glued to Google Earth for a good while, plus there is a great deal of information that is entertaining and informative. If I come across an interesting site in my travels this is one of my first visits to find out what it is and any more details about the place.

Secret Bases UK

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

Nice, thanks mate, il check this out after work, just jumped on for a sneaky peek at anymore comments

Jay

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Was that site any use to you? Or are you now too busy checking stuff out to reply

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Cryptome eyeball series has Porton Down.

cryptome.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Rob37n

It wss thanks, just reading about nuclaer convoys now, ther eis loads of good stuff on here mate cheers

Jay

posted on Oct, 13 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Hi there, When i see this it brought a smile to my face in a twisted sort of way.

When i was stationed in Germany a order come into our Battalion to supply 2 guys for the porton down facility.
because our platoon was like a penal platoon the battalion decided that guys from our platoon where the only crazy loons in the battalion that would take up this kind of order. (Bear in mind that Porton Down to us was where people went to be tested on with various chemical agents as far as we was concerned). Anyway to cut a long story short 2 guys jumped at the chance as you got an extra few bob in your pocket and some free Booze, don't ask lol.

Off they went back to England and in a months time one returned. He went on to tell us he had been trying out various equipment and stuff which all seemed abit annoying to us as we was hoping he would have 2 heads or something. About 3 months maybe more the other guy come back. He looked thin as a rake and we was like what the hell and he then went on to explain, basically he had been testing the Nuclear Biological and Chemical warfare equipment we carried as personal equipment. He had to endure loads of physical activities like digging and tread mill running with this gear on and full respirator whilst they tested various things on him. To be fair we pissed our pants cos this guy had basically been beasted (physically abused through physical activity) for 4 months in a NBC suit.

Sorry it may not be what you was looking for but this was the fact. When we spoke about it after we stopped laughing and neither of them knew much about the place as they didn't go out or get to spend the extra cash on beer, so we wet ourselves loads more. Sorry again for the laughing its just you have to understand the soldiers mentality with things like this.

join