It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is organic food a scam?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:07 AM
link   
For those of us in the UK watch out for 'farmers markets'. I've heard that some sellers deliberately leave a bit of dirt or roots on the veg so that it appears 'natural'.
The most trustworthy organic veg are those you grow yourself. Grew my first potatoes this year and they were a revelation

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by starchild10

amen!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Hello

Interesting question however from my research I can conclude that organic food as a concept is not a scam although some organic food distributors are scams. However just because some are scams it doesnt mean all organic food is scam as the FDA would want us to belive.

With the rise of Codex Alimentarius the FDA is increasing its war on organic and alternative therapy providers because of the fact that they are too close to the truth about the fact that many of the major sickenesses can be cured from extracts within certains types of plants and plant seeds.

There is a great article about this if you go to www.globalreport2010.com... and register. The 25 age report is about cancer and plant extracts. You can only get it once you are on the inside.

Many highly professional doctors are more and more forsaking the mainstream to state that there is something wrong with the medical establishment and the treatment of disease.

Its a pretty informative report so hope it adds some clarity to the question.

Thanks

Kev

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Organic pesticides include rotenone, which has been shown to cause the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease and is a natural poison used in hunting by some native tribes; pyrethrum, which is carcinogenic; sabadilla, which is highly toxic to honeybees; and fermented urine, which I don't want on my food whether it causes any diseases or not.

Supporters of organics claim that the much larger amounts of chemicals they use is OK because those chemicals are all-natural. But just because something is natural doesn't mean that it's safe or healthy

Oh that's clever.

Comparing natural fruit and vegetables we have been eating for centuries to... "fermented urine".

And the "just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe" is preconditioning you to remember that "safe" food = GMO.

BTW, the results of "scientific research" these days is usually dictated by those who fund it...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

One of them looks natural, and the other does not...

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Organic food are a major scam. Unless you are rich no way you could feed a family of 3 on organic foods way to expensive. Bio engineering is he only way to go. We have to modify plants so they sip water not gulp. 70% of all fresh water in the US is used for agriculture. If we plan on surviving in the future Bio engineering is the only way.

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul

Originally posted by boncho

Organic pesticides include rotenone, which has been shown to cause the symptoms of Parkinson's Disease and is a natural poison used in hunting by some native tribes; pyrethrum, which is carcinogenic; sabadilla, which is highly toxic to honeybees; and fermented urine, which I don't want on my food whether it causes any diseases or not.

Supporters of organics claim that the much larger amounts of chemicals they use is OK because those chemicals are all-natural. But just because something is natural doesn't mean that it's safe or healthy

Oh that's clever.

Comparing natural fruit and vegetables we have been eating for centuries to... "fermented urine".

And the "just because it's natural doesn't mean it's safe" is preconditioning you to remember that "safe" food = GMO.

BTW, the results of "scientific research" these days is usually dictated by those who fund it...

Natural fruit and vegetables need something to keep the bugs away. Either natural or synthetic chemicals. Just because something is "natural" aka.: found in nature, does not mean it's good for you.

See: Arsenic...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join