It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman has to pay $1k for forced cavity search

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Explanation: S&F!

Uhmmm?

Personal Disclosure: Yeah...so... where was the PROBABLE CAUSE eh?

Remember... they claimed to have a creditable witness...
that was their probable cause....

truth is I hope she does fight, I pray she wins.... this is not the kind of president we want in our country... I spent a lifetime defending my country and our freedoms... Not this jackbooted police state crap...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Want to be an internet legend?

Take loads of laxatives then go through the airport with 2 suitcases looking really nervous.
When "Homeland Security" says, "Excuse me sir, I'm afraid we're going to have to perform a full cavity search" simply reply, "ok, but for legal reasons, can my friend film it...?"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
The real story here is that a cavity check cost over a thousand dollars.

There have been plenty of good Saturday nights where I've performed full cavity checks for free.

What is the world coming to?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

this is truely appalling , i hope she sues them and wins big time .
please keep us informed of any further news on this .

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
A federal court just ruled that a traffic stop can't be used to extend to exigent circumstances and justify warrant-less entry into a home. www.thenewspaper.com...

"No reasonable officer would have thought pursuit of a minor for a mere misdemeanor traffic offense constituted the sort of exigency permitting entry into a home without a warrant," O'Brien concluded.

If that wont fly there's no way a cavity search based on hearsay should. I can't imagine a reasonable officer would use hearsay to essentially rape a woman.
edit on 7-9-2011 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare

Originally posted by OmegaLogos

Personal Disclosure: Yeah...so... where was the PROBABLE CAUSE eh?

Remember... they claimed to have a creditable witness...
that was their probable cause....

truth is I hope she does fight, I pray she wins.... this is not the kind of president we want in our country... I spent a lifetime defending my country and our freedoms... Not this jackbooted police state crap...

Fully agree about the jackbooted crap, high among the various reasons I left the US. Believe it or not, Mexico DOES have privacy and much personal liberty. All the NOB clowns that want to invade us to restore our "freedom" know not what that would bring us here. You guys think "freedom" is all about being able to decide what channel to watch and having the freedom to choose Fox News over MSNBC or whatnot.

I must have missed something in my reading, I thought there was only "reasonable suspicion" and was wondering how that justified a cavity search. Usually allows for no more than a pat-down.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
yeah well thats bs

that rubber glove sure was expensive i can pick em up at the store for less than 5 bucks

that stupidty has got to stop

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Here is an update to the story along with some more details:

www.lcsun-news.com...

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by polit
Here is an update to the story along with some more details:

www.lcsun-news.com...

Very nice of the police to decide to pick up the tab on that. Just took an attorney and a little arm-twisting. After that ordeal one would hope that's not end-of-story.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join