It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I lost me....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Losing oneself is a scary thing...I've now become a blank, red X. Why? I know not but alas, it's happened and without my identity I fear I will be lost in obscurity. Where did I go? Can someone help, if so please do so and I will be significantly grateful.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
could you please be more specific on how you lost yourself ?
what are the "symptoms" ?

edit on 5-9-2011 by icepack because: spelling

ah, now i get it. you have problems with your avatar. next time you got really problems, pls dont call...

edit on 5-9-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

Retrace your steps and you will surely find yourself again, unless of course you take the opportunity to learn from this. The first step in spiritual enlightenment is to lose yourself, that is the only way you can ever truly find your true self and purpose in this life.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The fact that you are aware of a loss of the abstract kind is proof that you are still there somewhere.

Go do some charity work at a local hospital and talk to some Alzheimer's patients if you need that kind of boost.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Nucleardiver

I'm just talking about my Avatar (pic) that I can't seem to get to display back, cuz it's a red X where the av should be. Nothing more serious than that but thanks for the concern and really, it's bugging me cuz I liked my avatar...and I'm sad cuz I lost it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The fact that you are aware of a loss of the abstract kind is proof that you are still there somewhere.

Go do some charity work at a local hospital and talk to some Alzheimer's patients if you need that kind of boost.

Thank you for these kind words,,,,I shall keep them in mind, Life is an amazing place.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Oh! Well I can't help you out there, I still haven't figured out how to get an avatar to download, you did have a nice one though.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Here you go, this might help you find yourself:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Peace and good luck.

Sorry I just saw that you did intitially have an avatar so u do know how to upload it. Perhaps you must just upload the photo again.

But this could be some help to Nucleardiver.
edit on 5-9-2011 by demoncleaner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Thanks to some really great ATS friends I am back...finally...
Getting lost can be so unexpected at times, especially when you're not trying. Thanks and have a great night everyone. I'm pretty sure I should get to sleep now....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
You are not the only one. I feel similar to what you describe. I don't know where to go, or what to do. Nothing clears my mind. It's constantly running. I can't focus and sometimes I'll be looking at a person dead in the eye while they are talking to me but the conversation (so to speak) going within myself seems to always keep my attention more. I used to be somewhat happy, that is until I found out what is really going on in this world, granted I'm glad I know what I know and glad that I was awoken, but knowing truth and searching for wisdom will lead you to a place where EVERYTHING under the sun is a striving after the wind just like Soloman said. I have cut everyone out of my life pretty much with the exception of a few close friends that I know I can trust. Even still I don't particularly care to be around them as the thought of having to see something horrible happen to them with my own eyes when SHTF is almost unbearable to even think about.

My parents are not wise and part of the Sheeple so talking to them about anything regarding wisdom and insight is futile. Mom is a Jehovah's Witness that relies on what the society says and doesn't research for herself as to anything they say and if it's legit or not. Nor does she know anything about TPTB poisoning us with GMO and Flouride. She would rather just put her life into the hands of the society and not search for truth. Dad is a drunk that thinks the answers lie in what's socially accepted and not what the truth is. He would rather get people to laugh at his jokes then talk about meaningful issues and teach people. My peers for the most part think I'm crazy, and I feel the same about them for not researching and digging for answers. Most of them love the bar/party scene still.

Part of me wants to just stop talking. Not because I can't talk, but rather because it is useless for the most part to communicate with anyone as it isn't gonna make one bit of difference in the end. I used to be a man of hopes and dreams, but now the only hope I have is to be part of paradise earth after god comes back and fixes it. Nothing else matters anymore. I don't work, or do anything productive other than search for truth and light in this dark world. I can't stand being alive during this point in history as I feel I'm surrounded by zombies and I feel like Noah in the sense that I warn them but it might as well be a language no one understands. If it isn't about sex, drinking, football, music, and other "trendy" topics, NO ONE wants to talk about it. so I don't see the point any longer in communicating with people because in doing so, it causes me to stoop to their level of understanding and I feel like it dumbs me down. I AM NOT BETTER than anyone nor is that the message I'm trying to relay here. I'm just so very tired of this disgusting abomination of a so called life we are all forced to live in order to survive by TPTB who we all know are operated by satan and other demons. I could keep going for hours on this post but yeah, I feel like that I found so much of what I have been searching for my entire life that I'm now lost. Lost in the sense that once you realize everything for what it's worth, what goal could you possibly set for yourself? How can you want for anything anymore? The only thing I want at all anymore is MORE wisdom as it seems to be the only satisfying thing I can find. That and love.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Start with Breathing Techniques,
the best Effect will happen when you go to a real Teacher.

When your Spirit became focused again start with Yoga or any other Gymnastics!
Sport is very important to get back the feeling for your own Body

But "Step One" is turning off the Internet and put your Foots (both) to the Ground!

Personally: I've good Experiences with Campfires,
just watching, thinking and returning to my self!

(Campfires are kind of a natural grounding Medication for this Disorder)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

oh shat! LOL hahahaha. well I wish I would have known that before I typed all that out. Oh well....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by supermanning

Yeah, guess I was being a SA again, but thanks for your reply. It was nice to read....

edit on 7-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: add line

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

queenofsheba
Thanks to some really great ATS friends I am back...finally...
Getting lost can be so unexpected at times, especially when you're not trying. Thanks and have a great night everyone. I'm pretty sure I should get to sleep now....

So, how's that sleep been working for you? Me, not so much..hahaha

top topics

join