It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Bing Map Image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Not sure how to link the coord. Its in The Lewis and Clarke Lake in South Dakota. A few kilometers west of the dam, and just on the east edge of the delta. It looks like it could be a compiling error, but it also has the appearance of a white line created with a paint program.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

just now realizing you can see the wave patterns in the highlighted area, but there is a strange object casting a shadow on the northwest edge of the white area.
edit on 3-9-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I actually found what you are referring to, as it is blatantly obvious once you get in the general area. I don't think it is supposed to be there. For one, it is semi-transparent, and so cannot be anything on the ground. My guess is that it is probably, like you said, some type of error. What end the error is on is anyone's guess, but it is definitely an artifact of some type.

ETA:

The thick line doesn't appear on Google maps, as I just checked. I see what you were saying about the wave patterns though, and that is a bit strange. It really does almost look like a digital paint swipe, as you mentioned. I just don't see how it could be anything other than an artifact.

I couldn't see the shadow you were referring to, although it seems as if there is a shadow around the entire line. To really see the transparency you have to find the right zoom height.
edit on 9/3/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
here we go let me try this link

"http://www.bing.com/maps/"?v=2&cp=42.84458145937315~-97.77766370493029&lvl=15&dir=0&sty=h&form=LMLTSN(without quotations)

hmm maybe not
edit on 4-9-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by Mailman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
can you upload pics?

top topics

join