It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are you serious?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I goto wimp.com everyday to watch videos, it was on there. I only lasted about 30 seconds too.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
It a school girl who finna encapsulate all nascent stereotypes that folks giving to her community. And, it a school girl who finna rebel when she grown, and that school girl, she in this video.

That is my a African American Vernacular English commentary on the video. People complain about the Black population, but the truth is they are a product of the society that has been created in opposition to the mainstream soceity in some cases, in direct contextual production of it in others.

Long and short: African Americans are a product of the Congo, of Mozambique, of Niger, of Mississippi, of Alabama, of Jim Crow, of MLK, of Segregation, and of Corporate manipulation (and that's an understatement). If you think that a fluid culture like African Americans can be understood easily or totally and painstakingly post-racialized by Obama's presidency, then you do not understand the totality of their culture. Oh, you think you have it figured out, but that boils down to stereotyped stereotypes on TV and youtube. That's not how it's going to work.

The African American's real voice has yet to be heard. We will see what it sounds like one day. This crap (or art imitating life - depending on your perspective) is a sign of the things I spoke of above. If you don't like it, examine why...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
...the video was adorable and so were the little girls... one of the key things wrong with the usofa is people who cant watch something as innocent as this video without making it into something ugly...

<< 1   >>

join