It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Howard Storm's Near Death Experience

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yesterday I had the pleasure and intrigue of reading Howard Storm's near death experience for the first time. I was so moved as it resonated very strongly with me that I felt others may benefit from his magnificent experience as well. Believers and non-believers may gain a glimpse into the beyond.

For me, his accounting reconfirmed so much of what I have felt throughout mylife and in a way put everything into a true perspective. I have had my own NDE or something very similar which has changed my life. I did not see what he did. I have felt the separation from God and I have felt His warm eternal love.

For all of my friends here I simply post his NDE out of the kindness and compassion of my heart.

I believe his story and I enjoyed that he put such effort and detail into his recollection. We are all on this journey together.

www.near-death.com...

in loving kindness,
Golden

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A very exceptional read that will hopefully be taken to heart for you as it did for myself. Please take the time to read this account, it could be life altering for some.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I found this one to be quite interesting as well. In my opinion, it seems we forget so much when we come to this world. Nonetheless, our planet and the people on this planet need our ove and nurturing and genuine kindness.

As for me, I do feel as if I have a mission, albeit unknown to a great extent. I have realized simplicity is the way for me. Technology seems to separate us from each other and the planet, space junk, pollution, radio waves, pesticides, the problems go on and on. I yearn for a time when life was much simpler. Nonethless, I feel there is a beautiful world and future we could tap into.

Surely, there is something going on, both now and after death.

www.near-death.com...

Hope you enjoy as much as I.

Golden

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Interesting. It was a good read. Thank you. This NDE was fairly standard, in my view. I think it is very interesting from a belief standpoint. We're led to believe this guy was an atheist, and active atheist who was not leading a happy life, and he goes on to have a "Christian-type" NDE. I would submit that although he was an avowed atheist, he nevertheless grew up in a Christian culture and was familiar with all major Christian themes. He was familiar enough with the Bible to know the basic story-lines. He knew the Lord's Prayer. He grew up immersed in the basic idea, whether or not he "believed" it, so when he had his NDE, he saw what he expected to see.

I would maintain that had he grown up in an Islamic culture and similarly not believed in Islam, had he an NDE there, he would have seen it through an Islamic filter with the themes common to Islam. Hinduism and Buddhism have their filters, too, and people who experience NDEs who are a part of those cultures would be similarily affected.

What I suspect is that there is a "Theme Park" for every major belief system staffed by those who believe and have passed on. If you believe in or have been strongly influenced by Tommorowland, you'll go there. If you believe in or have been heavily influenced by Frontierland, you'll go there.

I know this begs the question of what reality is. It may be all these things, but the only thing I feel certain of is that we are still being fooled. People who have had these experiences and subsequently change their lives have not really gotten to the bottom of this phenomenon. They have been manipulated to change their lives. These guys are still fooling us and taking us for a ride as they manipulate what we believe and do.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I am a curious searcher and seeker like others. I have no judgement and no expectations for what would happen. I find NDE's very interesting.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
People who have had these experiences and subsequently change their lives have not really gotten to the bottom of this phenomenon. They have been manipulated to change their lives. These guys are still fooling us and taking us for a ride as they manipulate what we believe and do.

Who's trying to manipulate us? This guy? People who've had NDE's? Who are you referring to?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Check this out. It refers to "fake hells" and "hollow heavens" in the after life. Apparently the deceased that live in these places are there because of their beliefs, or what they are familiar with.

www.afterlife-knowledge.com...

The website is owned by a well known astral projector called Bruce Moen.
edit on 2-9-2011 by TheBandit795 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticPearl

Originally posted by schuyler
People who have had these experiences and subsequently change their lives have not really gotten to the bottom of this phenomenon. They have been manipulated to change their lives. These guys are still fooling us and taking us for a ride as they manipulate what we believe and do.

Who's trying to manipulate us? This guy? People who've had NDE's? Who are you referring to?

I am actually referring to the entities he met. My belief is that when you die, you don't suddenly become all-knowing. You may be free of earthly constraints, but you still believe what you believed on Earth, hence if you believe in Jesus, you'll see Jesus. If you believe in 72 virgins, you'll see them. Further, you will tend to align with people who have similar beliefs, thus reenforcing them for you and for them. Since you saw what you wanted to see, you will believe you were right all along.

Howard Storm was an avowed atheist, yet when he died he found himself "alive." What's he to do? He doesn't believe this is even possible, yet there he is. The only possible thing he can do is fall back on "what he knows," which are the stories, legends, and accounts he knows from the Bible and his surroundings, because they are a part of his culture whether he "believes" they are real or not. He hasn't really thought much about the possibilities over the years, so he has a superficial understanding, but that is all he's got. Given the cognitive dissonance of finding himself alive, he has nowhere else to go.

So like finds like and these entities start telling him what they think reality is. He's blown away and finds himself suddenly a believer, but what these entities have told him are just what THEY think reality is like. Just as the guy on here who was told by a Brigadier General all about the secret space program and recounts the stories as gospel truth, Storm is in a similar position of believing his new-found Christian rescuers, and he buys into it. I don't think they are intentionally manipulating him to do their secret bidding, but I do think he is being manipulated and that what he now believes is nowhere near the real truth. I believe his rescuers don't understand anywhere near what they say or think they understand.

Storm seems to trust these guys implicitly. I don't, and I think he is being naive. I have some sympathy for him and I can kinda see how he managed to get himself into that position. I doubt anyone reading this thread would have the same experiences as Storm. Unlike Storm, we've all read these sorts of accounts and are aware something like this might happen. I doubt any of us here would be exactly shocked, as Storm was, to find ourselves alive after death. For myself, I expect it. I do not expect Christians to run to my rescue, but I'm not above shouting a few Hail Marys at the Bad Guys (tm) if they show up. I expect the after life to be much richer and broader than Storm says it is, and though I'm happy he has found peace, I think he has jumped from one extreme to the other.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Thank you very much for posting this it was a great read. One could only hope it's true
I would love to experience their unconditional love I think if we did our world would be
quite a different place today! It made me feel good after reading it thanks again!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Since I originally posted this posting, which I really felt compelled to post as it was of great value to me, I truely feel as if new knowledge has been poured upon me. I am as skeptic as anyone, but I am also a true seeker who is open minded and is willing to weigh various thoughts and ideas.

What fills me with confirmation and a powerfully loving spirit is that if we are to have a life review (which I believe), then everything we do today really matters... both the good and the bad. Many parts of my life I surely do not want to have to revisit. To see what I did in perfect clarity would be sad. More importantly, I feel as if what I do now going forward can be refective of who I am and want to be.

Most of all... as God, the Creator, and his Son Jesus Christ, and anyone who is of the highest level of benevolence realizes that unconditional love is the Truth. I have embraced this feeling for the last week or so, along with prayer and sincerity and I have felt most fulfilled, loved and revelations have been graciously shown to me.

For me, life is all about being filled with this energy... the Holy Spirit, Light, Love, whatever it is... this energy can be felt an is so freely available.

Reading these near death experiences has opened up this energy to me... am I worthy of it? does it matter? God loves us and we are here for a purpose... to help this world grow. Regardless of religion, our fellow man and woman, our children, our parents, the animals and our precious Gaia all need our positive love and energy.

This so obvious message that most everyone seems to have been imparted with when returning from an NDE is real. I can feel it and am thankful that these people have shared their stories.

Before I ever read any of these NDEs I have had my share of paranormal experiences which few others could allow themselves to believe in. I am not here to convince them. I am here to share what I feel and hope that others can catch some of the spark that flows through me.

with all that is good,
Golden

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Ha, I've seen this NDE experience many times and this is the only NDE I full-heartedly believe. I believe Stern was first led into the darkness by damned souls who didn't make it to the light. He was then rescued by the light beings and shown his life review. It doesn't matter which religion you believe in. They all have their own spiritual path that leads to the truth. Every religion has their own spiritual path. Whether your Christian, Muslim, Jewish, Buddhist you will be shown your NDE through the faith in which you believe in. What ever your familiar with is what you will see. When you get to your final destination every faith will be there. Jew, Christian, Muslims etc.. If you watch the video further you will see that Howard Stern asked these light beings which religion he should choose. The light beings told him "Which ever religion brings you closer to God". They could have easily told him Christianity but they left the decision open for him to choose any religion that he feels brings him closer to God.

Every religion just have their own way to get to God or worship God. God is not the God of the planet earth that man created to enslave mankind. God is the God of the whole universe so even so-called aliens would know the God of earth. I'm curious though. Somebody above said that "they are still tricking us". To whomever said this above, could you be more specific about who "they" are and "what they are tricking us about". I believe I know what your talking about is I've heard this saying "they're tricking us" before. Usually people who say this believe that the "aliens" or "other beings" are tricking us into believing religion so we can fight amongst each other. I just want to hear the person's take on this "they are still tricking us" bit before I continue..

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenVoyager
Yesterday I had the pleasure and intrigue of reading Howard Storm's near death experience for the first time. I was so moved as it resonated very strongly with me that I felt others may benefit from his magnificent experience as well. Believers and non-believers may gain a glimpse into the beyond.

For me, his accounting reconfirmed so much of what I have felt throughout mylife and in a way put everything into a true perspective. I have had my own NDE or something very similar which has changed my life. I did not see what he did. I have felt the separation from God and I have felt His warm eternal love.

For all of my friends here I simply post his NDE out of the kindness and compassion of my heart.

I believe his story and I enjoyed that he put such effort and detail into his recollection. We are all on this journey together.

www.near-death.com...

in loving kindness,
Golden

awesome link ty... Gives one plenty to think on.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
oops double post-
edit on 8-9-2011 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I just discovered Howard Storm on a YT video.

But after watching him I sure didn't get the impression that the rest seem to be getting. He is in front of a live audience (religious broadcasting) and he revealed himself to be extremely unconvincing in all of his claims.

This man was never an atheist. He has the intellect of an adolescent. Many of his responses segue immediately to apologetics while the question remains unanswered. His claims about Hell match the modern Hollywood-style concept. His claim to have been an atheist are extremely dubious as he paints himself as a cartoonish atheist stereotype commonly imagined by zealots. I'm even skeptical of his claims to have completed college at Berkeley.

Did anyone ever do any homework on this guy to make sure he's not a complete fraud?

We already know he's a fraud though by selling us his untestable claims about Hell. But if that isn't enough, he also claims to have received some "prophecy" about doom in America's near future. But he's not just selling us that Snake Oil. His website offers bad religious art and, of course, his book. (Check the art and remember he claims to be an art professor).

Don't be misled by some jackass just because he has some full-of-it story about his trip to the Disneyland for the naughty god-deniers.

posted on Oct, 2 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer
I just discovered Howard Storm on a YT video.

But after watching him I sure didn't get the impression that the rest seem to be getting. He is in front of a live audience (religious broadcasting) and he revealed himself to be extremely unconvincing in all of his claims.

This man was never an atheist. He has the intellect of an adolescent. Many of his responses segue immediately to apologetics while the question remains unanswered. His claims about Hell match the modern Hollywood-style concept. His claim to have been an atheist are extremely dubious as he paints himself as a cartoonish atheist stereotype commonly imagined by zealots. I'm even skeptical of his claims to have completed college at Berkeley.

Did anyone ever do any homework on this guy to make sure he's not a complete fraud?

We already know he's a fraud though by selling us his untestable claims about Hell. But if that isn't enough, he also claims to have received some "prophecy" about doom in America's near future. But he's not just selling us that Snake Oil. His website offers bad religious art and, of course, his book. (Check the art and remember he claims to be an art professor).

Don't be misled by some jackass just because he has some full-of-it story about his trip to the Disneyland for the naughty god-deniers.

Wow, now your questioning a fellow atheist. Must an atheist also be stubborn enough to not relay what actually happened to him during his near death experiment. Howard Stern's hell sounds nothing like Hollywood or the Bible. He never said anything about a fire, and a hell with demons and the devil. He said a hell with other dead humans who were just like him, an atheist who only cared for himself. He claimed that these beings walked him into the darkness and then attacked him. Sorry if I'm wrong but which Hollywood movie depicted Howard Storm's vision of hell. Could you reply back with that movie please because I have not seen any movie that I can recall that favors Howard Storms vision of hell. Do you believe that a "true atheist" will never have a near death experience??

new topics

top topics

join