It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Urantia Papers. Cross-referenced from the Ra Material

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I wanted to re-bring this to the attention of ATS; this source was discussed years ago on here.

I think this is a great source for spiritual studies.
Judge for yourself! Many links provided here to help you.

The Urantia Papers has been my most fascinating study ever since I came across it while it was referred to in the Law of One Material - Urantia reference link.

I found it extremely interesting that Ra stated it came from a discarnate entity, which means:

[taken from Dictionary App on my Mac]
discarnate |disˈkärnit; -ˌnāt|
adjective
(of a person or being) not having a physical body.

You can read about the source here:
The Urantia Papers, Authorship (Wikipedia)

You can download the book here! The Urantia Papers

----
[exert] The Urantia Papers - Paper 48, Page 617-619

Morontia is a term designating a vast level intervening between the material and the spiritual.
Mota - morontia wisdom.
-------
MORONTIA MOTA-

The lower planes of morontia mota join directly with the higher levels of human philosophy. On the first mansion world it is the practice to teach the less advanced students by the parallel technique; that is, in one column are presented the more simple concepts of mota meanings, and in the opposite column citation is made of analogous statements of mortal philosophy.
Not long since, while executing an assignment on the first mansion world of Satania, I had occasion to observe this method of teaching; and though I may not undertake to present the mota content of the lesson, I am permitted to record the twenty-eight statements of human philosophy which this morontia instructor was utilizing as illustrative material designed to assist these new mansion world sojourners in their early efforts to grasp the significance and meaning of mota.

These illustrations of human philosophy were:

1. A display of specialized skill does not signify possession of spiritual capacity. Cleverness is not a substitute for true character.

2. Few persons live up to the faith which they really have. Unreasoned fear is a master intellectual fraud practiced upon the evolving mortal soul.

3. Inherent capacities cannot be exceeded; a pint can never hold a quart. The spirit concept cannot be mechanically forced into the material memory mold.

4. Few mortals ever dare to draw anything like the sum of personality credits established by the combined ministries of nature and grace. The majority of impoverished souls are truly rich, but they refuse to believe it.

5. Difficulties may challenge mediocrity and defeat the fearful, but they only stimulate the true children of the Most Highs.

6. To enjoy privilege without abuse, to have liberty without license, to possess power and steadfastly refuse to use it for self-aggrandizement—these are the marks of high civilization.

7. Blind and unforeseen accidents do not occur in the cosmos. Neither do the celestial beings assist the lower being who refuses to act upon his light of truth.

8. Effort does not always produce joy, but there is no happiness without intelligent effort.
9. Action achieves strength; moderation eventuates in charm.

10. Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth, and the melody vibrates through- out the cosmos, even to the recognition of the Infinite.

11. The weak indulge in resolutions, but the strong act. Life is but a day’s work—do it well. The act is ours; the consequences God’s.

12. The greatest affliction of the cosmos is never to have been afflicted. Mortals only learn wisdom by experiencing tribulation.

13. Stars are best discerned from the lonely isolation of experiential depths, not from the illuminated and ecstatic mountain tops.

14. Whet the appetites of your associates for truth; give advice only when it is asked for.

15. Affectation is the ridiculous effort of the ignorant to appear wise, the attempt of the barren soul to appear rich.

16. You cannot perceive spiritual truth until you feelingly experience it, and many truths are not really felt except in adversity.

17. Ambition is dangerous until it is fully socialized. You have not truly acquired any virtue until your acts make you worthy of it.

18. Impatience is a spirit poison; anger is like a stone hurled into a hornet’s nest.

19. Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.

20. Only a poet can discern poetry in the commonplace prose of routine existence.

21. The high mission of any art is, by its illusions, to foreshadow a higher universe reality, to crystallize the emotions of time into the thought of eternity.

22. The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do.

23. Death added nothing to the intellectual possession or to the spiritual endowment,
but it did add to the experiential status the consciousness of survival.

24. The destiny of eternity is determined moment by moment by the achievements of
the day by day living. The acts of today are the destiny of tomorrow.

25. Greatness lies not so much in possessing strength as in making a wise and divine use of such strength.

26. Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love.

27. Progress demands development of individuality; mediocrity seeks perpetuation in standardization.

28. The argumentative defense of any proposition is inversely proportional to the truth contained.

Such is the work of the beginners on the first mansion world while the more advanced pupils on the later worlds are mastering the higher levels of cosmic insight and morontia mota.
----

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: grammar

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: spaces, clarification

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: title edit

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: subject title edit & other

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: title again

edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: ..

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
If you're interested in studying the book:

sections

Part I: The Central and Superuniverses
Part II: The Local Universe
Part III: The History of Urantia [Earth]
Part IV: The Life and Teachings of Jesus

Table of Contents link

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MoveThroughMetal

I have a copy on my shelf. I began reading it in the late sixties but found it to be so substantive that I had to put it down. Now and then I pick it up for inspiration, like I do the I Ching and a Bible among others. I especially like

22. The evolving soul is not made divine by what it does, but by what it strives to do.

Accomplishments on our material plane are only of value as they reflect our actions, our striving on a spiritual plane. It's the energy of intent I think, you know?

Anyway, true or not, the offerings of the Urantia Book are of value to us I think when we open ourselves to others evaluations of things of importance.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TerryMcGuire

I hear ya. It resonates with me and with this philosophy

Intent energy is also discussed in the Law of One books.. if my memory serves me correctly.

What do you think of the Ra Material cross-reference to this book!?

From what I conjecture through my study, Ra does has a body, within 6th density. Ra mentioning the disincarnate nature of the authorship of Urantia would mean that this particular entity is.. densities/another octave above their own?
edit on 31-8-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: additionl statement/ question

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I don't. When the Ra Material emerged as a meme I was aready emmersed in another meme with similar convictions. I have a rudimentary understanding of both Ra and Urantia.
I find the depth of both to be daunting in both Complexity and Wild Speculation.
In any event they are both, I presume, banned by the Pope.
That's gotta say something.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   

From what I conjecture through my study, Ra does has a body, within 6th density. Ra mentioning the disincarnate nature of the authorship of Urantia would mean that this particular entity is.. densities/another octave above their own?

You are suggesting that the origin of the Urantia Book is of a higher dimension, octave, than the origin of the Ra Material?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

I don't. When the Ra Material emerged as a meme I was aready emmersed in another meme with similar convictions. I have a rudimentary understanding of both Ra and Urantia.
I find the depth of both to be daunting in both Complexity and Wild Speculation.
In any event they are both, I presume, banned by the Pope.
That's gotta say something.

You presume it would be banned from the Pope because they are not in lines of Catholic teaching, initially due to the methods involved in production of such sources, and of course some of the material presented. Am I correct?

If you don't mind, please share this other meme you were studying at that time.

edit on 1-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   

I respect your humble approach to this. Of course we can never really know as humans, but this is the idea I got after studying both sources.. so I am presenting the possibility.

I've also see a correlation between the wanderers (Ra Material) and midway creatures (Urantia) as another possibility..

I have not come across a contradiction between the two sources. If there were any, I'd love for someone to point them out. They speak in different tones, both at the comprehension level above other channeled material I've came across.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Ra was the first material I came across, that I was willing to conclude might not necessarily be inherently demonic by default. There's a lot of truth there.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

You presume it would be banned from the Pope because they are not in lines of Catholic teaching, initially due to the methods involved in production of such sources, and of course some of the material presented. Am I correct?

Correct." Banned by the Pope" is a generality suggesting unorthodox beliefs.
The other meme I had been submerged in was " The Divine Principles" . These were taught as a new revelation in the line of Judeo/Christian meme. Sung Myung Moon is their revelator and teaches of Jesus as a second Adam and himself as the third Adam or second coming of Christ. His cult is the Unification Church and is a cult still active today.

By the time the Ra Material was channeled I had extricated myself from the noose of the Moonie meme and was cautious of all memes that relied on sources which were inexcessable to me personally. By the time I encountered RM I had studied in to Scientology and Swedenborg as well as various eastern mystics.
The thing all of these memes offered in common was total emersion in the meme as the avenue to enlightenment . All had back doors that were locked, that is to say that all were/are dependent on faith in each particular meme alone.

I encountered RM first in the early nineties via a Wanderers Forum which I frequented for several years where we discussed our insights on existence through the wanderer meme. Several people there were heavily influenced by RM. I also noted the similarities of RM to Urantia at that time. The possibility of the RM channelers having gathered much of their material from the Urantia material was evident to me.

The path I am engaged in now is one of allowing my daily life to flow along it's course and viewing it through the filter of as many potential truths as I can which I have picked up along my way. This leaves me somewhat free to write my own understanding of things.

I try to take all truths now with a grain of salt, including my own.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by TerryMcGuire

Correct." Banned by the Pope" is a generality suggesting unorthodox beliefs.
The other meme I had been submerged in was " The Divine Principles" . These were taught as a new revelation in the line of Judeo/Christian meme. Sung Myung Moon is their revelator and teaches of Jesus as a second Adam and himself as the third Adam or second coming of Christ. His cult is the Unification Church and is a cult still active today.

By the time the Ra Material was channeled I had extricated myself from the noose of the Moonie meme and was cautious of all memes that relied on sources which were inexcessable to me personally. By the time I encountered RM I had studied in to Scientology and Swedenborg as well as various eastern mystics.
The thing all of these memes offered in common was total emersion in the meme as the avenue to enlightenment . All had back doors that were locked, that is to say that all were/are dependent on faith in each particular meme alone.

I encountered RM first in the early nineties via a Wanderers Forum which I frequented for several years where we discussed our insights on existence through the wanderer meme. Several people there were heavily influenced by RM. I also noted the similarities of RM to Urantia at that time. The possibility of the RM channelers having gathered much of their material from the Urantia material was evident to me.

The path I am engaged in now is one of allowing my daily life to flow along it's course and viewing it through the filter of as many potential truths as I can which I have picked up along my way. This leaves me somewhat free to write my own understanding of things.

I try to take all truths now with a grain of salt, including my own.

An enlightening post. A relevant quote from Urantia:
"Philosophers commit their gravest error when they are misled into the fallacy of abstraction, the practice of focusing the attention upon one aspect of reality and then of pronouncing such an isolated aspect to be the whole truth. The wise philosopher will always look for the creative design which is behind, and pre-existent to, all universe phenomena."

While studying the Ra Material I became very curious about Don Elkins' suicide. The Cassiopaen channelings discussed it here.-the truth is out there, but trust no one.

Paraphrasing their explanation, the strict rituals involved were a precursor to Don's latter state of mind. it was the narrow beliefs and focus on 'light and love' while ignoring much negativity that brought about such negativity shortly after.

Their explanation plausible to me, although I keep an open mind. Any comment?

edit on 1-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

You clearly pay much closer attention to the Ra meme and subsequent exploits of its originators than I. Concerning Elkins suicide I can only offer one of the quotes you listed in the OP

19. Anxiety must be abandoned. The disappointments hardest to bear are those which never come.

Juxtaposing the ideals of any system of a higher order such as Ra does with the base reality of violence and pain on this plane is very difficult on us. It seems to create a good deal of what psychologists call cognitive dissonance. Attempting to come to terms with this problem is often more than some can endure I think.

So you have any of the points you list in your OP that you find particularly insightful?

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Well said.

Although I was researching how Law of One originated while reading the material, I began studying the source of the Urantia Papers before I began reading the book. As for the Cassiopeian material I mentioned earlier, I began to examine it today in light of this post and I'm quite reluctant to consider it completely credible.

Yes, I find discussing the origins of a studied text helpful..
I'm hoping to aid the development of a healthier discernment.

26. Knowledge is possessed only by sharing; it is safeguarded by wisdom and socialized by love.

edit on 1-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: grammar, additional content

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   

A shift of time is on its way.
Together we will have to change.
Another hope is known to me
Were gonna have to find our own beliefs.

May I ask where this is from?

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Born of Osiris - The Discovery

3. Ascension

Raise your head up its just one more step
Are you giving up now so close to knowing
The only hope that's left has been taken from view
A new journey awaits you
Time to begin
No one will ever break us
Join the experience
When you become ready
Encounter certainty
You will have to witness
All of this on your own
You will find the reasons
Not left to wonder why
Every moment matters
New discovered space
A shift of time is on its way
Together we will have to change
Another hope is known to me
Were gonna have to find our own beliefs
Looking up to a new idea
Were we all can focus
A mystery that's deceived
A subtle thought has been noticed
Of our ascension
The transition has come
Enlightened and courageous
You know what you can become
Our journey has just begun.
--------------

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   

That whole piece is compelling.
How much of it do you think the author really believes, senses? I mean is this meant to be a true calling out by the composer, or are they just words flung together to get a song written.

More to our earlier discussion on channeled material, do you think the composer might have channeled these lyrics or just made them up. If just made up, what does this say about our creative processes. I wonder about the origins of channeled material. Is it truly messages sent via channelers directly or could it be the result of the creative processes of artistic types who somehow stand closer to some unseen yet sensible ( as you put it earlier) octave?

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That whole piece is compelling.
How much of it do you think the author really believes, senses? I mean is this meant to be a true calling out by the composer, or are they just words flung together to get a song written.

I've followed the lyrics of this group since their first album. I've witnessed the writer progress from reaching for knowledge in their older albums to speaking of a new light in their latest album. I feel it is indeed a true calling, it seems The Discovery is trying to 'whet the appetite' of the listeners to begin to seek the truth.

Take a look at the rest of the album lyrics and the album art in the YouTube link below if you're interested.

Instrumental in the album:
Born of Osiris- The Omniscient

They are a metal band so I'm not sure if you would enjoy the other songs on the album.

More to our earlier discussion on channeled material, do you think the composer might have channeled these lyrics or just made them up. If just made up, what does this say about our creative processes.

I think it represents how truly beautiful human creativity can become, especially with spiritually oriented art. Channeling would be unlikely, but you never really know.

I wonder about the origins of channeled material. Is it truly messages sent via channelers directly or could it be the result of the creative processes of artistic types who somehow stand closer to some unseen yet sensible ( as you put it earlier) octave?

Good question! I wonder too..

It is also possible that the entity or entities (Urantia presents many authors from higher order for different papers) in question could have just been just a higher density not necessarily an octave above, perhaps the 7th. Unless we successfully began channeling ourselves, I would not know any humanly possible way of finding out at the moment

edit on 3-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: link problemo

edit on 3-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: another link problemo

edit on 3-9-2011 by MoveThroughMetal because: clarification

posted on Sep, 3 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

My sons were into metal. I went to a Metallica concert with them once at the Cow Palace in SF. Whatta hoot that was. I forget who else was there, several bands that went on like Metallica to the bigs. I once found a band called Apocalyptica which was four guys from Swedon playing classical cello. They took Metallica's music and transcribed it into cello parts and that was really great.

I like the lyrics from that link you sent. I certainly hope that they are reflective of a growing trend in the spiritual directions the young of today are taking. Lyrics like this were few and far between when I was young. And music that is older than me had none at all. I remember when Crosby Stills and Nash sang "love is coming. Love is coming to us allllll. And the Beatles singing Love is all you need and a few others.

posted on Sep, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I have been a long time reader and have really enjoyed the Urantia Book. One of my favorite sections come from Paper 3:

(51.4) 3:5.5 The uncertainties of life and the vicissitudes of existence do not in any manner contradict the concept of the universal sovereignty of God. All evolutionary creature life is beset by certain inevitabilities. Consider the following:

(51.5) 3:5.6 1. Is courage — strength of character — desirable? Then must man be reared in an environment which necessitates grappling with hardships and reacting to disappointments.

(51.6) 3:5.7 2. Is altruism — service of one’s fellows — desirable? Then must life experience provide for encountering situations of social inequality.

(51.7) 3:5.8 3. Is hope — the grandeur of trust — desirable? Then human existence must constantly be confronted with insecurities and recurrent uncertainties.

(51.8) 3:5.9 4. Is faith — the supreme assertion of human thought — desirable? Then must the mind of man find itself in that troublesome predicament where it ever knows less than it can believe.

(51.9) 3:5.10 5. Is the love of truth and the willingness to go wherever it leads, desirable? Then must man grow up in a world where error is present and falsehood always possible.

(51.10) 3:5.11 6. Is idealism — the approaching concept of the divine — desirable? Then must man struggle in an environment of relative goodness and beauty, surroundings stimulative of the irrepressible reach for better things.

(51.11) 3:5.12 7. Is loyalty — devotion to highest duty — desirable? Then must man carry on amid the possibilities of betrayal and desertion. The valor of devotion to duty consists in the implied danger of default.

(51.12) 3:5.13 8. Is unselfishness — the spirit of self-forgetfulness — desirable? Then must mortal man live face to face with the incessant clamoring of an inescapable self for recognition and honor. Man could not dynamically choose the divine life if there were no self-life to forsake. Man could never lay saving hold on righteousness if there were no potential evil to exalt and differentiate the good by contrast.

(51.13) 3:5.14 9. Is pleasure — the satisfaction of happiness — desirable? Then must man live in a world where the alternative of pain and the likelihood of suffering are ever-present experiential possibilities.

posted on Nov, 5 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

You are showing your age my friend! LOL!

I searched and found this topic...Re: Urantia and the RM. Have only begun looking into it. I know...where have I been..living under a rock. LOL

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join