It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Good EMF evidence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Taken at Wicklow Jail, Ireland two weeks ago:

youtu.be...

I have no doubt someone will try and debunk straight away. I'll try and answer as many questions as possible.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

What makes this any different from every episode of Ghost Hunters? I'm not seeing or hearing anything on this video that shows "evidence".

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
could you filter out the evp and post it ?

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by lucifuge

I have no doubt someone will try and debunk straight away.

Well that's kinda the only way to get to the truth, if you are indeed after the truth.

anyways, this isn't even as good as an episode of ghost hunters.

Why?

Simple. No base readings were done before they started getting EMF hits. We have no idea what that EMF reader is calibrated at. We don't have any indication of what is present in the room, or what type of building they are in at all.

As well, some of the highest EMF hits happen when he's holding the reader almost against the womans camera dangling from her neck.

Guess what? Any electrical device, and even running water, can produce EMF. the older the building, the older the plumbing and wiring, the more likely hood of EMF readings.

could you filter out the evp and post it ?

I'm not aware of an EVP, but they are using an EMF (electro-magnetic field) detector and getting spikes.

edit on 31-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-8-2011 by phishyblankwaters because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
EMF waves are everywhere and are a silly form of "ghost" detecting evidence.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

yeah, i misread. emf not evp, lol.

edit on 31-8-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
An EMF detector is a very good indicator of paranormal energy.

Why ?

Under normal circumstances and as defined by Physics, you require current flowing through a conductor in order to create an EMF.
Once again under NORMAL circumstances.

The strength of the EMF is directly related to the amount of current carried by the conductor.

This is why EMF are commonly found in basements where there are junction boxes carrying large concentrations of current throughout a structures wiring.

if one locates an EMF that is not in the vicinity of wiring and/or the field wasn't detected immediately whilst the detector is held in the same position then it indicates that some energy has encroached upon the detector itself.

So unless a person is measuring in the vicinity and proximity of a live circuit, then electric fields of any intensity should not appear in the middle of a room away from all current carrying devices and/or fixtures for example.

Granted they were holding the detector near a camera but since EMF is directly relative to the amounts of current, a battery operated device which is operating with very low levels of current will produce subsequently relatively miniscule amounts of EMF. And all modern device uses shielding to minimize this EMF called RFI, Radio Frequency Interference...in fact it's require by law and all devices must meet RFI standards..

And hence the paranormal association...with discovering random Electromagnetic Fields ... especially in old structures where there exists no electric power whatsoever in which to scientifically induce them.

Or EM fields which suddenly pop up out of no where and illuminate all of the LED's... which is Para-Normal.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The camera used in question was held near to the K2 EMF meter and produced no readings. The K2 isn't as sensitive to outside EMF as some others. The camera if you wan to test it's EMF output was a Vivitar DVR510N.

The room we were in was meant to be a hold of a wooden ship, hence our entire surroundings were wood. It was also not lit and had no visible signs of wiring. Also I think it is on this video, the K2 when powered on has one of the Green lights permanently lit. Kind of a power light to show the device is on, on command we actually get that light to go out for several seconds and back on again. We then swapped the device for another K2 which did exactly the same. Both devices have since been used without fault.

top topics

join