It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO HOAX...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Ive just identified yet another UFO from a thread.....what i dont get is this.

Why do these threads remain in the Aliens and UFO forums when clearly they are neither??

I think ATS should really start moving ALL identified UFO threads to the HOAX bin.

If only the people who post these threads would take the time to do a bit of investigation before posting, it would certainly keep the threads in the Aliens and UFO's as the genuine unidentified objects.

Aliens and UFO

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of historic and contemporary events related to extraterrestrial encounters, UFO sightings, and speculation about related subjects. Discussion topics and follow-up responses in this forum will likely tend to lean in favor of the existence of extraterrestrials and the related conspiracies, scandals, and cover-ups. Members who would seek to refute such theories should be mindful of our tradition of supporting the examination of the extraterrestrial phenomenon on the related conspiracy theories, cover-ups, and scandals. Replies that make fun or otherwise ridicule and demean those posting honest experiences and/or questions will be removed. Members who post such responses repeatedly will be banned.

Surely a lot of these threads actually fit better in the grey area or skunk works?

The Gray Area is a discussion forum that provides a dedicated area for members to post their confessions, disclosures, and related extraordinary personal experiences. Like the highly speculative Skunk Works forum, The Gray Area will tolerate topics that may be unusually hypothetical or unproven for the purpose of vetting the stories of thread-starters by the ATS membership at large.

Just because the OP cannot identify it doesnt mean no one else can. All threads that cannot be identified should then be moved to aliens and UFO's.....as they actually fit the descriptors set out by ATS
edit on 30-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Most UFO threads are not 100% debunked with evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt, they also aren't proven to be alien or military secret craft 100% either.
Someone's "best guess" isn't debunking, it's a majority opinion. If you're referring to the NYC UFOs ID'd as Chinese Lanterns, then that still is not 100% conclusively debunked yet.

I emailed the girl who claimed she was the one who set off those lanterns, I asked her questions that would put this debate to bed, but she has yet to reply to me. When and if she does, I will post it on that thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Most UFO threads are not 100% debunked with evidence beyond a shadow of a doubt, they also aren't proven to be alien or military secret craft 100% either.
Someone's "best guess" isn't debunking, it's a majority opinion. If you're referring to the NYC UFOs ID'd as Chinese Lanterns, then that still is not 100% conclusively debunked yet.

I emailed the girl who claimed she was the one who set off those lanterns, I asked her questions that would put this debate to bed, but she has yet to reply to me. When and if she does, I will post it on that thread.

No im not referring to the lantersn over NYC.

Im referring to threads that are debunked...like the one in serbia...which is a blimp. Even the description says its a blimp on Youtube....the uploader translated it wrong on purpose...to HOAX.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

A lot are debunked, but there is a massive crowd of people on here that will not accept the evidence. Therefor claim its alien or a UFO.

There are literally hundreds that have been debunked 100%

This is another example....
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-8-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

I agree. There have been 1000s debunked, and maybe 100s inconclusive. The majority are debunked, especially the plane sunlit contrail vids. The lights in the sky vids though, most are not debunked 100%, because you just can't, not enough conclusive evidence to call it one way or the other, they just become 15 page arguments with a lot of maybe's.

Vast imaginations inhabit this forum, and also many who lack any imagination at all. Those with a balance of fact and fiction are rare on here, but I like the variety of perspectives for the most part.

top topics

join