It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Katia Tracking Inbound For USA around 9/11 - Forecast to Be Major Hurricane by Sunday 9/4

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Ok , all im saying is.... it is forecast to be a hurricane, odds are very good it will be a hurricane, far better odds then it hitting the US.

Also, by the time it becomes hurricane, the time to edit a title will have elapsed. It fact it already has, I cant edit my OP. Please forgive me for showing a bit of foresight.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by vkey08

Believe me, the current thread title is a million times better than it's original.

This is not a hurricane yet, but I have no doubts it will be and all the current projections show that it will reach Cat 1 in 48-72 hours.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

HAHAHA awesome!

This made me laugh

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AllSeeingI

And, did you notice that is the 11th named storm of the 2011 season?

Also that September 9 (9/9) is 11 days from the August 29 anniversary of Katrina.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Hey anyone notice this? The # of the letter of the alphabet.

K a t i a
11 1 20 9 1 = 9 11 2011

edit on 30-8-2011 by wlf15y because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2011 by wlf15y because: oops noob here

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Why are so many ppl harping on the OP?

He didn;t say anything about a certainty of a nurricane hitting the US.

He's giving us a heads up on the Tropical Storm that's projected to become hurricane force and possibly make US landfall.

We all know they change, dissipate, move etc........ No one is talking about evacuation or iminent doom.
It's interesting to watch what storms do. What's the problem?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Katia hey i like that name

Some currents

SUMMARY OF 1100 AM AST...1500 UTC...INFORMATION
-----------------------------------------------
LOCATION...12.3N 33.4W
ABOUT 630 MI...1010 KM WSW OF THE SOUTHERNMOST CAPE VERDE ISLANDS
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...45 MPH...75 KM/H
PRESENT MOVEMENT...WNW OR 285 DEGREES AT 18 MPH...30 KM/H
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE...1003 MB...29.62 INCHES

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Maybe it will be a Hurricane to worry about, maybe not. If it becomes a hurricane that affects the US then maybe all those people that are whining about buy batteries and water, that they ended up not needing will finally be quiet. MSM is calling it buyers remorse. Why are people not prepared 24/7 is beyond me. My people are in New England and they don't need anymore rain. Let's hope Katia leaves the US alone. Either or, I really don't see much significance in a Hurricane that may be an issue on 9/11. One was a tragedy caused by humans the other may be an event caused by nature.

BTW- I apologize if I sound like a B**** but I am irritated with the whining about no power that I keep hearing. I just wish people had their priorities straight.
edit on 30-8-2011 by AuntB because: my tone may have been rude.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by wlf15y

Hey anyone notice this? The # of the letter of the alphabet. K a t i a 11 1 20 9 1 = 9 11 2011

Woah! Good catch.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I remember that the media made many statements in the spring saying this year would be a bad hurricane season. It was the reason they were trying to get everyone to have emergeny kits and plans in place. Hopefully everyone has these plans in place and no one get hurts. Does anyone remember where these articles were and how many hurricanes they expected this year?

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuntB
Let's hope Katia leaves the US alone.

Let's hope it leaves everyone alone, not just the US.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It's interesting to see how these suckers develop as they cross the pond, mother nature at her best.

Katia started off strong so the question is will she finish off strong ? I'm interested to see how well the science pans out with its speculations on these anomalies.

Thanks for the discussion/storm watcher thread OP.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I don't want to jinx the West coast but.... We have dodged a lot of narutal disaster bullets this year...

Oh crud!!! I think I jinxed myself....

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just wanted to post the latest prediction for Katia:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f1203b3e2e54.jpg[/atsimg]

uh, it does not work as I wanted. here we go :
files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 30-8-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by coyotepoet

Yes what are the odds of that? I'm no mathematician, but I would imagine the odds of this are unbelievably slim.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

I agree man. I was born in Mobile, Alabama & have lived here most my life. Been through Frederick in '79, Ivan & Katrina a few years ago & many more. Here on the Gulf Coast, we don't worry until a storm has either made it into the Gulf from the islands or crossed in over Florida. Most everyone already has the things they need before the storm comes up, so not much running to the stores at the last minute. They are SCARY & sometimes deadly, but the one bright spot is the 2-3 weeks that power is out after & most everyone comes together & help each other. It feels like you have gone back in the past 100 years after a storm. Everyone hanging out together, grilling food (must cook everything before it spoils!), locating & grabbing ice for the neighbors, drinking lots of beer, hanging out/sleeping outside because it's too damn hot in your house. My wife & I LOVE that part. We spent the 2 weeks after Katrina sleeping on our porch, reading by oil lamp light at night. Nice break from the ordinary.
Also, I have never & will never leave for a hurricane. I know this sounds crazy to northerners/westerners, etc. Most here don't. If my little part of the country goes down, we're gonna be here helping everyone we can until we go down with it.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wlf15y

Well, the prediction is for the path of the storm , at the moment this thing is a tropical storm. Based on the climacteric conditions, it is expected to increase from TS to Huricane 1, 2 and 3. The original link ( a Google map) is here:

www.wunderground.com...

The circles are just areas where the storm is likely to pass.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Oh, and one more thing, I predict that Katia will pull North & circle back out to sea. Doesn't look like the type to plow into/over Florida that's for sure.

posted on Aug, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join