It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liverpool unprepared for alien attack - official

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
the council will have emergency plans for most things that it can see such as fires/floods/earthquakes/invading forces from another country etc etc but when marvin the martian lands theres so much unknown that all the plan would say is "1. " since the information on such matters isn't handed down to lowly people in places like councils

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
hahahaha preparations for an alien invasion? if they wanted to kill us all it could be done in a split second from millions of light years away with the option to destroy the earth or leave it unscathed! do u people think they would come bearing black powder based weapons? HA! gov has no contact, no alliance, the only reason they wont tell the public theyre real is cause they dont know what the hell "they" are and we're 100% percent vulnerable to potential attack and that would be very unsettling for the public, both immediately and over time. however people are arrogant and think aliens think like we do. they have no reason to invade us. they can MAKE everything that they could steal from us for much cheaper and much easier.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Well, they should be prepared for a alien invasion because it could happen at any time! Okay, maybe I over reacted BUT there was a time when someone in Lancashire asked the council to prepare for a zombie invasion
! But they did because they thought it was just on movies etc, but anything can happen!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Yeah I know mate, I don't think there's an ulterior motive, or something sinister lurking behind the article, just fancied sharing really and getting a discussion going.

well - UFOs definitely attract interest and sell papers - even for those who don't believe - so it probably is just that

but I've often wondered about the timing of certain articles and bizarrely out of place comments from time to time myself. Even if it has nothing to do with anything - you don't just print something for no good reason.

Well - that's not entirely true (having read some of the news just this morning)

but you know what I mean :-)

Here - in the United States - where we're ALWAYS hyper-vigilant when it comes to any and all things even remotely invasion-y, and absolutely prepared to prevent this from ever happening (yes Canada - this means you) we have an actual chapter in our firefighters manuals to deal with this possibility

my home town (beaming proudly now) is very serious about being prepared for an encounter with ET:
www.denverpost.com...

The duties of the commission would include evaluating the risks and benefits of potential encounters with extraterrestrials. The city also would have to publish on the city's website evidence and testimony regarding extraterrestrials on earth.

it wasn't voted in - but, it did make it on the ballot. Isn't that interesting?

People do want to be able to talk about all this - in public

I agree with this - from the article you linked:

The thing is people do have genuine fears. Just because they are unfounded doesn’t mean they aren’t scared.

so, since panic is part of the problem - they do have to deal with it

but then I also agree with this:

I would also question their ability to do anything about an alien invasion. What are they going to do? Squirt water at them?

we're doomed - plain and simple

but people might take this article a little more seriously if they saw the picture at the beginning that demonstrates what Liverpool would look like under an actual attack...scary

see - it even comes with a picture. It is odd.

:-)

edit on 8/29/2011 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
the council will have emergency plans for most things that it can see such as fires/floods/earthquakes/invading forces from another country etc etc but when marvin the martian lands theres so much unknown that all the plan would say is "1. " since the information on such matters isn't handed down to lowly people in places like councils

Come on leave me out of this.
Anyway the last time i went back to lierpool hardly anyone noticed.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

If aliens were attacking Liverpool the basement bars in the Jac or Pilgrim would be a good location to plan for contingencies.

The image would make a great T-shirt.

i1140.photobucket.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack
They better not try to invade during a soccer match..

The crowd would lynch them..

Lol, ah well, Luis Suarez would just kick 'em back to Mars with just one ball. He is God!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   

LIVERPOOL leaders have been forced to admit that Merseyside is woefully unprepared in the event of an alien invasion. The glaring defence issue was revealed after a concerned member of the public put in a Freedom of Information request to Merseyside Police, Fire Service and Liverpool Primary Care Trust. The question, registered on the website whatdotheyknow.com, asked: “Can you please furnish me with any and all information held by yourselves relating to plans to deal with an alien invasion? “By alien, I mean a life-form that evolved on a planet other than Earth, and travelled here by any means possible.” Merseyside police admitted they had no such contingency though pointed out that emergency legal powers could be applied if flying saucers were to threaten the city.

I lol'ed when I began reading. This is to suggest, anywhere else in the country is prepared?!

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
So this is pretty much a confirmation for an alien invasion, im excited and both scared at the same time.
Im prepared for it though.
Let's get in to it.

posted on Aug, 29 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Just how exactly do we prepare for alien invasion? And if Liverpool is not 'ready' what makes other cities ready?

Hey you smell that?

Smells like a psy op.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join