It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic terror vs human nature (AKA remember the crusades and romans?)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Hi Everybody

*listens for "Hi Dr Lyn"*

Ok we all know the rates and d*mn near percentages of islamic folks committing terrorist attacks all over the world and everyone and their MSM-fed brother talking "oh Islam is trying to take over the world, oh they're all evil, oh they want everyone to be Muslim or die"

This seems to be in abundance on a site that's motto is "Deny Ignorance"

This is going to be a short thread but I want to ask, Why do you think this is happening? Do you REALLY think every single Muslim thinks "if they aren't Muslim, they should die"?

Well lets take a look at history, which alot of people seem to not give one rat's behind about.

This is an area of the world where religion (Just like medieval times) was tied to the state. Education comes from the people these people always have around.

Now, look at the crusades. LITERALLY almost every catholic church sending tens of thousands of Christians or Romans down to the middle east to a WAR TO WIPE THEM OUT/TAKE OVER. Not just once, but multiple times over 2000 years.

Well, stupid clerics teach stupid muslims that this is still going on (in a way, it still is. Just look up the Pentagon's "IDEAL" map of the middle east).

SO they abuse and misconstrue the "if someone is trying to kill you, you have full holy authority to kill them" part of the Quran to get people to fight battles, even kill themselves, for these stupid, ambitious clerics. The same Stupid ambitious clerics that want their own crazy translation of Islam and Sharia law to rule the world, because that has been happening to them their entire existence.

I'm just going to say it, Islamic terror is a direct result of, not just Christians, but Europeans and westerners in general trying to take their countries for the past 2000 years. All we do is just add more fuel to the fire.

So if you still are part of the "islam is taking over teh worlds, Ohe NOES! stomp dem dogs out" bandwagon, you are feeding the ignorance.

I'm not condoning anything, i'm just saying to take a look at history before you start saying that an entire religion needs Wiped out or is taking over the world.

Seriously people, Deny ignorance. Try to, for once, understand the world you live in and the people around you. You might learn something along the way.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Lynexon because: expletive

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Are you sure this shouldn't be in the rant forum? The Christians and the Muslims believe they have to convert the world. It is their job according to their religious books. What is new about that? As long as the Religions exist and the teachings exist this will always be the reality of this world. Therefore I really don't get the jest of your thread.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Do you know the history of The Crusades? The crusades where a "Defensive War" to regain and then defend the Christian world,two thirds of which had been invaded and then occupied by Muslims. The Pope ordered the Crusades to regain The Holy Land. Did you expect Christians to just stand back and let it happen?

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

I'm more Spiritual than religious but I would say;

The Roman Catholic Church changed their tactics quite a while back, while many extremist Muslims haven't.

But there is hope. Check this out from another poster.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Remember the past, and plan for the future.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
So.. "it was a war" "muslims invaded the holy land" And you wonder why we have the chaos we have today?

The pope, in europe, claimed ownership of "the holy land", in the mid east. Basically, i see that as the current roman emperor saying that their territory was invaded by another empire (i didn't know muslims were an empire or country) and decided to defend their territory.

"let it happen", well, in the end, they did let it happen. After millions of lives fought over figurative ownership of "the holy land", it ended in co-ownership because the people who were sent to do the fighting ended up killing alot of innocent people under the command of the emperor, err...pope, whatever the title was called at the time, and decided to either desert or just leave. After that, wow, no more massive war for the holy land

(until the massive group of jewish people calling themselves the Israelites decided to re-ignite the battle when they went to palestine and claimed it as their New Israel, because they thought they "deserved it" after world war 2)

I'm saying nothing really in jest, other than the fact that EVERYTHING a muslim does in an offensive manner is immediately deemed "a radical islamist who is part of the global islamic conspiracy that is trying to take over the world".

Funny, the people in sryia are "freedom fighters" yet the people in iraq and palestine are called "insurgent terrorists". If anyone can't see the double standards there, they need to reevaluate their outlooks.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Lynexon because: grammar

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Islam has never advocated for a empire. But they have had powerful individuals, to this day, advocate for a Caliphate. Same thing in my opinion, just a different name.

The Christians have given up on the Crusades in my opinion as well. Well, just the violent type, instead trying to win the opposition over through capitalism.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Let me condense your post into a simple sentence - in fact one of the foundational memes of the Liberal mind

Brown people can do no wrong (because you can't expect moral responsibility from them) whist everything wrong in the world is the fault of white people.

Islam is just a more virulent form of Monotheist virus - it is backward and evil and has been trying to overun the civilised world from it's very inception - it is at present being sicced on the Western world in order to bring it to a point of collapse!

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I knew that was coming lol. Let me put all your posts i've seen today in a single post.

I'm a rightist/conservative who is here to call anyone who doesn't agree with my islamophobic mindset a leftist/liberal, therefore continuing to perpetuate a right/left, pseudo good vs evil, battle. I only think in terms of right vs left as anything that doesn't go with my mindset is left/liberal, therefore wrong.

You can say the same thing about the leftists.

This thread is not advocating or condoning islamist extremists. It is saying how islamic extremists are just ignorant people led and warped into doing stupid and violent things because of a history of westerners invading their lands.

I consider the islamic extremists in the same category of the Westboro Baptist Church. They are stupid people mislead by a misrepresentation of religion. Islamic extremists are just more violent about it.

Yes, Muslims consider government and Religion as one, hence Sharia Law, but only the extreme portions believe the whole world should be like them.

Muslim extremists are in the same ignorance category as your false left/right paradigm belief

By the way, i'm a registered independent. In fact, i have to register as republican to vote in my state's republican primary soon.

edit on 27-8-2011 by Lynexon because: added one part

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think the first image people need to get out of there head is that the Arab world and Muslim world is unified. Not only is it deeply divided and quaralsome, but basically every Arab state has unatuarl borders and is ethnicly, religously and tribaly divided amongst their own state. Once you have this idiotic image that Muslims want to unify and take over the world then you have taken the first step to denying ignorance. Look at the social, political and economic realities of the region instead of fearmongering and impeding Muslim attack. And yes many of their problems (including their unatural borders) are the Western worlds fault. Sorry but that is the reality.

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

Troll!

Like remembering the one million kidnapped Christian people used as slaves, by the Islamic Barbary pirates, or the Ottoman imperial conquests that slaughtered millions of Christians as it spread through Asia and Europe?
Crusades and Romans, Give Me a Break

No star, no flag

posted on Aug, 28 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

OK, i'm, some how, a troll of my own discussion...right....

So, you retort with Barbaric pirates and an imperial conquests killing Christians, but you don't list all the others they killed, like somehow the christians are the only ones who mattered (see how I can make it seem like you didn't care about the others, kind of like that little tactic you used on me)

So, these barbaric pirates and the ottomans did all of this, hmmm..when???? OH yeah, after the Romans, who spread all over the known world killing countless amounts of people, already ransacked the area (the romans killed Jesus remember?) and then went back as the holy romans and killed more a few hundred years later. Wait....no matter what, that was around the same 2000 years where every wannabe emperor was slaughtering people by the millions. Kahn, Alexander, Xerxes, the list goes on.

People are talking like i'm condoning or forgetting about the worst examples of muslims killing people, when what I am saying is they are just reacting to how the west (and east) have been treating them the whole of existence.

Look at Africa. Its the same there except you don't hear about some random African rebel group bombing anywhere because TPTB already have had Africa the way they want it since the 1800s, divided, warring, and paying them to continue doing so.

Go watch The Last King of Scotland, same type of crap but you don't have people like him SERIOUSLY being considered as a world-wide-threat like random Islamic Terrorists. Learn how the world operates and has been operating before trying to retort like that again.

So, anyone else wanna try to actually logically debate this subject instead of screaming MSM-style tactics?

top topics

join