It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New ATS Member Claiming To Have Important Warning/Information. You Be The Judge...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by westcoast

From what I have been seeing, I think PuterMan needs to do an audio spot check of about the last week at or around Mammoth Lakes. The email could be about harmonic tremor detected there. Could be just BS. But yeah, that's why he'd ask for it to play out.... Cause if HT was detected and confirmed in any form, on a supervolcano (Long Valley), it would generate some cause for alarm. And they might want to wait to see if it persists.

I have seen some strange things at the ML station in the last week. One signature looked like magma intrusion.

Well? You asked for opinions....

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Jet Propulsion Laboratory is linked to GEONET. GEONET seems to be used in Japan and New Zealand. New Zealand seems to be going through some earth quakes.
www.geonet.org.nz...

New Zealand always "goes through some earthquakes".

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
My BS detector is going off big time. First off, EQs can not be predicted; let alone magnitude of future EQ. Secondly, this is a brand spanking new member and that was their first and only post. Lastly, They left very vague information without explaining further.

I smell an attention seeking troll.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
How do you predict a earthquake using technology 2-3 week before hand?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
this is like a time traveller posting on a time travel forum, "hello, I am a time traveller. do you have any questions ?"

poor script, and please spare us the "I could be fired on the spot" melodrama

lol

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
First time poster, been lurking for awhile

I don't know what to make of this

With no reply from the op I'm starting to think bs.

With all the stuff going on in the world recently I don't know what to think

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
GEONET uses GPS sensors to detect ground movement.
The GPS I would take it is done through NASA Jet Propulsion Labortory.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
JPL Pasadena does participate in extensive seismic research. Google is awesome for a disinformation tool. They have tons of stuff about their seismic research available on their interweb site.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

Now do I trust the chain of emails? Probably not. Do I something big about to happen? Absolutely!
I just made plans to move to Alaska so i can avoid some of the socio-fallout of whats about to occur so i'm not too concerned. Hopefully you haven't spent spent so much time worrying about things that you haven't had time to make at least two other backup plans for your escape from SHTF!

Bottom line...its coming but it doesnt have to be "Dooms Day 5000!"

Sorry if the part about JPL has already been posted!

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Very interesting stuff.

My observations:

He says that "research from an organization that is connected to jpl in pasadena, ca." Are we reading this wrong? Maybe he's saying that there is an organization, in Pasadena, that provides research to JPL?

Also, they wonder about whether or not they have a plan or protocol for such an...issue. What can you think of that JPL and their appendant organizations would not be prepared for? They "knew it was a possibility", so they HAVE at least thought about this before, but obviously never thought it would happen.

Whatever it is, it will "play out for another week or two". Seems like a long timeframe for something like an earthquake prediction... I could be wrong.

Whatever it is, they have thought about before but never prepared for, it scares the living hell out of them, and it is of interest to a large group of people (presumably John Q. Public). The one guy asks for confirmation multiple times.

And the guy with the BlackBerry has a name that starts with "A".

It seems the poster is NOT one of the two email people. The two people in the emails seem to know exactly what the problem is... but our poster says that he "doesnt know exactly what the info is".

So maybe the poster found this email chain from his boss, and thought best to put it online somewhere?

Just some thoughts.

edit on 26-8-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

JPL and NASA both have addresses in Pasadena... and they both have been studying the M8 nebula looking for 'Tyche' with the new WISE platform. SOURCE

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
We won't know for sure til something hits or if we see the elite leaving earth in spaceships

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
www.jpl.nasa.gov...

got this by typing in M8 2011

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
If it is bs, I'll give the guy props to think of using the "sent via BlackBerry by AT&T" because that's what a lot of corporate type people use for corp phones to contact each other with...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
okay I don't know how kosher this is but has anyone tried to find a jpl employee named T. Middlebrook because the member obviously used their name as their forum handle.I could verify some authenticity to leaked email....
I'm just saying do some detective work before arm chair quarterbacking what M8 means,find out if the source isn't a Sorcha Faal

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Well,it's not this,

The Lagoon Nebula (catalogued as Messier 8 or M8, and as NGC 6523) is a giant interstellar cloud in the constellation Sagittarius. It is classified as an emission nebula and as an H II region.

And it's not Betelgeuse

Astronomers believe Betelgeuse is only 10 million years old, but has evolved rapidly because of its high mass. It is thought to be a runaway star from the Orion OB1 Association, which also includes the late type O and B stars in Orion's belt—Alnitak, Alnilam and Mintaka. Currently in a late stage of stellar evolution, Betelgeuse is expected to explode as a type II supernova, possibly within the next million years

So,what is the reference to M8,or is it a total hoax.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I'm betting, if not BS, they are expecting another larger east coast quake. Fracking appears to be causing many unnatural earthquakes in areas around Arkansas and Virginia.....

stuartbramhall.aegauthorblogs.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

I tried, but didnt find one. There are a lot of Middlebrooks at JPL, but not a "T".

Seems kinda funny that an anonny post would use his name and maybe age (or birth year?) as his username... Is it a hint? Or just a random name?

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
Jet Propulsion Laboratory is linked to GEONET. GEONET seems to be used in Japan and New Zealand. New Zealand seems to be going through some earth quakes.
www.geonet.org.nz...

Nothing out of the norm here, I'm afraid.
We average more than 1 per day here.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Kids still on main computer, further details from the InSAR report are still forthcoming.

But.

Did want to poke one hole in the original post WC quoted:

Ugh. None really. We have to think this thru and make sure to not send alarm bells. Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

"Ugh...think this thru..." ?

"Ugh" ?

"Thru", not through?

I know people will take short cuts when in a hurry or stressed, but that did seem to be a glaring example.

And "ugh" does not strike means something that would be used in a conversation with this potentially serious a subject.

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by modified device

do you really think he would use his own name? maybe he would use someones he doesn't like

posted on Aug, 26 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

I know what you mean, but me and my boss text/email the same way. Matter of fact she often says "ugh" and "thru". I think we have to ignore that little detail. :-/

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join