It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do if there was an EARTHQUAKE during a HURRICANE?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
What would you do if you were in the middle of a hurricane, just trying to hunker down and ride it out, then as the storm was at it's greatest strength, there was an earthquake?

I dreamed back during the Japan earthquake and resulting tsuami that this scenario was happening to me. I was down in a basement that was slightly flooded with a few feet of water, but nothing anyone would drown in. The storm outside was intense, then there was an incredible amount of shaking that people said could not be the result of just the storm. There was an earthquake. People were saying that another would probably come soon, and that we needed to exit the building, but I remained behind, because the storm outside was so intense and debris was flying around like crazy.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I'd probably look to my friend Bill (Cause he would be with me) and I would say, "Hey Bill, feels like there is an earthquake happening alongside the hurricane." and Bill would look at me and say, "See, told you it could happen."

I suppose we would drink beer in the basement during this event.

The end.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jessieg

I would cross my damn fingers the earthquake opened some holes in the earth and diverted the swells. Other than that, I would be laughing very very very hard and screaming at the sky. (Kinda like Lt. Dan in Forest Gump.)

It would be so ridiculous I would have to laugh (like Lt Dan and/or culture shock).

edit on 25-8-2011 by adraves because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I would accept the fact that it is happening, and most probably continue to lurk ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I would probably bend over and kiss my butt goodbye. Then get as drunk as I can so it doesn't hurt so bad when I get crushed by my house.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The earth shakes for my new girl every time there's a storm but that's a story for other forums.

Now suppose during this hurricane earthquake menagerie the OP speaks of, a volcano bursts spilling forth great streams of lava?

Happens to me every time I wash/wax my ride.

top topics

join