It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So, You Think You Want Another POTUS From Texas Huh?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianC

Originally posted by Flatfish

Originally posted by TupacShakur
reply to post by Flatfish

Ron Paul is not really that different from Rick Perry with the exception of his stance on war. Ron Paul talks out of both sides of his mouth just like every other Texas politician.

No way, Brief Overview of Congressman Paul’s Record:

He has never voted to raise taxes.
He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
He has never taken a government-paid junket.
He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.

He voted against the Patriot Act.
He voted against regulating the Internet.
He voted against the Iraq war.

He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.

edit on 25-8-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

Yeah well, he also believes that Medicare and Social Security are unconstitutional and he has stated that he would not have voted in favor of the civil rights act. He also supports the idea that private businesses should have the right to discriminate. As a teenager, I briefly worked in a business that did just that and I refuse to tolerate such behavior in society.

Medicare and Social Security are unconstitutional, along with the Civil Rights Act. Does he think they are bad things? No. He merely thinks the way they came about were unconstitutional and caused an unnecessary expansion of the federal government when the states could have solved the issues in a way they saw fit.

This is the biggest problem facing paul imo. It's ridiculously easy to attack him and paint him to be some kind of crazy because only an intelligent individual will bother to take the time to understand WHY he makes some of these controversial votes and give him the credit he deserves for sticking to his principles and defending freedom.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Reply to post by whaaa

Off topic: have not been to 6th street in ages (last time was when some homeless guy ran for mayor).

Austin: Great food. Great music. A bunch of weird ass people.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

When is this argument going to get old...

seriously...can we use some god damn sense before assuming "OH WELL LOOKS LIKE HE SUPPORTS SLAVERY AND SEGREGATION HUUUUUUURRRRRR"

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
You bet I do!

RON PAUL 2012!!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join