It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My intro plus more... Any new Yorkers or long island people please read.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Ok I was a long time lurker before I finally found a thread that gave me no choice but to voice my opinion and I have been here since. I was born in NYC and spent a few years on the west coast then back to NYC.

I read a lot of the threads here at ATS and unless I have something constructive to add I usually just read and keep my opnion to myself. I really don't have much to add..

Ok the reason I decided to introduce myself today is because I wanted to post a thread and couldn't figure what forum it belonged in so I figure I kill two birds with one stone.

So I noticed today how many NYC and long island members we have here on ATS. So i was thinking with so many like minded people we should form some kind of a group.. I am not sure what kind of group or what the purpose would be so I am welcome to ideas. If I get enough positive feedback I will put some thought into what kind of group. Possibly just keeping each other aware of what's going on in our own back yard . Both positive and negative, sharing ideas . Maybe only thru ATS or maybe possibly getting together on occasion . If we can find a common cause or possibly a few. Maybe we can come together to and try and find solutions. Again this is just a really rough idea. I feel like it is about time for me to stop complaining on the Internet and get involved I just have not find an organization to get behind so maybe we can start our own.

What do you think my follow New Yorkers and even the long island people.
Any one up for this ..we are all here on ATS and came out in droves after we felt the shake today
We have to be able to find a few things in common ..

Sorry for any spelling or grammar mistakes I am on a iPad I can't scroll to edit mistakes I can only changed what ever is viewable in grey box..so sorry

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

My fellow New Yorkers and "even long islanders"? I think it's time LI break away from NY, taking Brooklyn and Queens with it
, and forming it's own state. It's time we stopped paying NYs bills!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey! Welcome to ATS! I'm from New York but live in Cali currently. I do go and visit New York every once in a while. You have some pretty good ideas.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Welcome from a fellow New Yorker! Fuggeddaboutit!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I will read and edit my thread to abide by all the rules.. If there are violations can you please just put it on hold and allow me time to edit and correct instead of trashing it...thanks in advance

To add.. I guess close the thread. I apologize for the violation . It was not my intent to recruit just trying to open a dialogue with my fellow new Yorkers. I would edit and change but I am using an iPad and can not edit anything that is not viewable inside the grey area. I can't figure out how to scroll up or down. So only info I can edit is what is viewable.

Again I apologize 404 away MODS
edit on 23-8-2011 by navione because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by navione

Hello from South Texas
Welcome to ATS lots of topics to get into
Enjoy your time on the boards

top topics

join