It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN fail

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by lifeform11
i am clutching at straws here, but is it possible the reporter is speaking from another tripoli in another country about the conflict in libyia, maybe she caught the wrong plane.

if not then oh my........ i don't know what to say.

edit to add: it is no wonder gaddafi's whereabouts are unknown, they are looking in the wrong bloody place!

The reporter was right in the thick of it, earlier when she was reporting, she had to move under shelter, she was in the midst of celebratory gunfire. She was in Gadhaffi's compound with the rebels.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Actually, Americans are a mix of many different ethnicities. Calling someone a racist for that is sort of jumping the gun, as the person referred to Americans in general. IMO, going around judging people about racism just shows how big someones shoulder chip may be.

On topic:
I feel that the geographic error was merely a mistake by someone using Google search to create a screenshot..

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

well in that case there is no doubt then, unbelievable a mainstream news outlet who broadcasts worldwide do not even know where libyia is, yet they claim to know everything else about the conflict.

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
that wasn't even the right Ghadaffi who's house they were in, that was tim ghadaffi's place, i live right next to him lol......i've been wondering why they had all these stage hands and movie props set up all up and down the street!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Open2Truth

Back to your CNN fail - good catch. Its no wonder they say that only a small percentage of Americans can find most countries on a map.

americans do get some stick for their geography, but it cannot be that bad really, you seem to beable to find the countries you go to war with, with ease, this proves that some can read maps at least and know basic geography.

unless of course......... no that can not be.......... surely not. i think if they ever announce they are going into syria, i will prepare my survival pack here in the u.k. just incase.

edit on 23-8-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Doesn't matter whether they find him or not, the elite will manipulate the facts as they see fit.The fact now remainds... YOU CANNOT TRUST YOUR GOVERNMENT...

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Wait...Tripoli is in Libya?

I thought this whole "rebellion" thing was over like 3 months ago before America's Got Talent came back on?! It wasn't on the news anymore so I figured it was over....

These Lebanese people need to fight their civil wars faster.

/end sarcasm

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by XplanetX

Yes, Qadaffi is a zoggist

posted on Aug, 23 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
no, this just america destroying israels enemies. the war on islam has just begun.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reporter 1: OMG THE REBELS TOOK TRIPOLI the revolution in Libya is over!
reporter 2: that's in Syria right?
reporter 1: i think so......

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

Maybe they just got off the phone with that reporter in Tripoli, Libya, and they were switching over to a story about Tripoli, Lebanon, and the guy that operates the map was a little trigger happy.

In most other situations I wouldn't be suprised, but come on this is too big to screw up. I don't watch CNN, but I'm sure they have spend a good amount of time reporting on Libya and Qaddafi, so yeah, fail.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Haha!

Oh dear. That made my day.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
We know the mass media is full of crap!!

At least the people who post on their views on the internet can think it through a couple of minutes before pressing the "send" or "reply" before it goes live!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeform11

unless of course......... no that can not be.......... surely not. i think if they ever announce they are going into syria, i will prepare my survival pack here in the u.k. just incase.

We do know the difference between a island and a large land mass so I wouldn't worry too much, although judging by our rudimentary(at best) geography skills I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to invade Syria they probably would end up invading Houston.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I literally lol'd

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I'm glad atleast they admitted it.

“Yesterday, 22 August, CNN mistakenly showed a map with Tripoli in Lebanon. We made the correction immediately and we regret the error.”

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

This isn't really that funny, it's more scary than funny IMHO. So when Syria gets attacked it's all one big mess of yea, all those ME countries are in the same area and yea, we're helpin them fight the good fight. Tyranny, jobs, saving lives, terrorism, hackers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join