It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sen. Kennedy Flagged by No-Fly list

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I find this rather funny, it�s not like no one knows who Ted Kennedy is, and they have been trying for 3 weeks to get his name off the list, LOL only in America,

By Sara Kehaulani Goo
Washington Post Staff Writer
Friday, August 20, 2004; Page A01

U.S. Sen. Edward M. "Ted" Kennedy said yesterday that he was stopped and questioned at airports on the East Coast five times in March because his name appeared on the government's secret "no-fly" list.

Federal air security officials said the initial error that led to scrutiny of the Massachusetts Democrat should not have happened even though they recognize that the no-fly list is imperfect. But privately they acknowledged being embarrassed that it took the senator and his staff more than three weeks to get his name removed.
more

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Not for anything related to the No Fly list, but for giving us the verb for what's going on here.

When the "No Fly List" controvesy first broke and for the 5 minutes the media covered it before cool video of stuff blowing up started, it was obvious to me that the "Katherine Harris'ing" of the list was going to be a huge problem.

I've got a post somewhere on here about all the kids that were grounded from going home for Christmas because they had names like names of people that may have exploding shoes (read as ethnic sounding).

But now we're after the Irish?

Three words to that...

It's about time.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Maybe he had some outstanding parking tickets!

[edit on 20-8-2004 by Veebomb_Canada]

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Veebomb_Canada
Maybe he had some outstanding parking tickets!

Either that or Orrin Hatch punk'd him.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
This thread is already up
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Correctamundo Fred T in WoT.

Sorry guys. Please redirect new commentary to the original post.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join