It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What bug bit me,help identify? Pics

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Looks like a smushed cave cricket to me.
I don't think they attack people but it could have just been frightened and bit because of that.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
More and more looks like the Assassin/Wheel bug to me. The description of the painful bite sounds a lot like what I have experienced.
Thanks to you All for your input, let's hope I have no bug nightmares tonight, feeling a little queezy after looking at all those pictures

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Stink bug was the first thing I thought as well, although it was hard to tell from the picture, since the bug was kinda folded up a bit. I haven't seen a stink bug in years, but I remember what they look like, and that's what I think it is. I know they bite as well, but I don't remember what type of mark it leaves.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Im not sure what it is, but it looks dead. Try getting some pics of it opened out a bit and get a size scale on it. What is your location too...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Looks like a paper wasp.
Body about an inch long.
Red legs.
I got stung a couple of months ago. Outside of left hand. There was a pair of them scoping out my car for a nest.
I went into the house and got the Armorall; sprayed her down with it, crushed her when she fell to the ground.
Yeah, it hurt like crazy. Then itched like crazy.
Next day the whole hand was swollen.
In about 3 days the swelling went down, but the itching continued for over a month.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
You did say 8 legs? Note that not all 8-legged bugs are spiders, but they are all arachnids. Try wikipedia.org, search "arachnid."

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LexiconV
reply to post by komisch

You've been assassinated....
looks like the assassin beetle
Check 4th bug down

Kissed by the Kissing Beetle

Sorry for laughing as I'm fully aware these little buggers have painful bites. Have felt the Kiss and been Assassinated by both these types.
edit on 20-8-2011 by LexiconV because: saying sorry.....:-)

It runs in my family to be alergic to kissing bug an uncle died from the bite. Anytime you have a bad reaction to a bite you should see a Dr.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
does look like the

carniverous grasshopper

from africa.

posted on Dec, 5 2021 @ 02:18 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join