It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One World Currecy - Gold standard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
What if someone (TPTB) a while ago came up with the idea of acquiring a lot of gold and then set about in motion events that are bringing about the downfall of the world economy. All this while they've been acquiring gold while economies are on the brink of collapse, because people are selling their gold to stay afloat. Once it all turns to sh**, they will propose bringing out a singular world currency backed by gold and have the majority of control over the world's monetary supply, even more so than now.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

I think you're on the right path but don't forget the other one world currency.
Black Gold or as most know it..Oil. Don't only look for who owns the most gold but also silver and oil. That's your man or woman of interest.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
gold was worth $250 an ounce 10 years ago. not a bad investment.

5x your initial investment. someone who bought 1 million dollars worth would have more than 5 mil.

but the people who play the gold market would have already invested billions.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I am of the impression that TPTW are now in the decline. The world's currencies will indeed be backed by gold but it will not be controlled by TPTW. Fair distribution of wealth is upon us.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Whre is the Amero in all of this?

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
This is what is happening with the IMF locking the SDR to gold. It is creating a standard, gold backed international currency trading unit. This SDR is also backed by all the different worlds currencies and is quite a challenge to harmonise the global economy. www.imf.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ragsntatters

Well, they're idiots. All a gold backing does is place a middle-man between the currency and the fiat. How much is gold worth? Nothing. Seriously, it's an inedible lump of squishy yellow metal. Sure it's pretty but vanity's not a very high concern when you're going hungry, is it?

Gold is basically worthless, and its only value is fiat - people say an ounce of gold is worth X, and it's only them saying so that actually makes it worth that much.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

The main value I see in gold is with its relative price stability and representation of inflation over time. You would have to be stuck in an ivory tower not to see the problems going on in the economy, the problem is what to do about it. If we kill money we kill trade and society ceases to function coherently. There is a lot of tension, problems and conflict going on in the international money markets and some form of stability is needed.

By tying the SDR to the price of gold I see it as one important step towards global financial stability, the road is still long to a more harmonious system. I am interested in finding out how to get money back to its prime objective of managing supply and demand so if you have any ideas I am interested.

top topics

join