It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Hate The Po-Po

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Cops are tax feeders who put protection of private property on the bottom of their to-do list.

Compare private security guards, like those who work in bars, malls and banks, to police officers to see what I am talking about. Security guards only care about protecting private property and they will get fired if they do a bad job of it. Private security must strive for customer service or they will go out of business. Private security is voluntarily funded and is held accountable by the market.

Private security must not only provide a high level of customer service, they must also regulate their costs and numbers to the needs of the community they are serving. For example, if the market in a given community can only support a handful of private security guards, there will only ever be a handful of private security guards. The number of private security guards will never explode to the point where there is a ten to one ratio of citizens to private security guards.

Contrast these facts with the police who act like pirates, running around robbing people for going 10 over the speed limit, crossing a street outside of a crosswalk, or failing to put on a turn signal. If the police acted like firemen, where they only came out when called for by the public, they might not be so bad. But that is not how the police operate today. Today, they are nothing more than glorified pirates in pretty costumes. They are insulated from prosecution by the courts. They are insulated from competition by the law. They exercise a monopoly over violence.

The police forces of America are completely unfamiliar with the term “competition” or “customer service.” They view the public as a farmer would view his dairy cattle; something to be milked for resources. The police care for the public in the same way a farmer cares for his cows. The farmer needs to make a living off the resources his cows provide him, so he generally treats them in a humane fashion, if only because he doesn’t want to harm his future earnings. But the farmer has absolutely no respect for his cattle. The farmer doesn’t try to please his cattle as a waiter tries to please his customers to gain a tip. If a cow was to disobey the farmer’s wishes, no matter what those wishes may be, the farmer would have no compunction about slapping the cow around or stunning it with a cattle prod.

Why should the police be allowed to run around taking peoples’ money through fines and levies if the people they are taking the money from have victimized no one?

Consider if the police acted like firemen, and only came out when called, what would happen in the circumstance of someone speeding on the highway. If someone was speeding excessively, yet harmed no one through their speeding, absolutely nothing would happen. No one would be fined, no property would be damaged, there is no victim to file a claim, life would continue on as normal for everyone.

Now consider if someone was speeding and they hit someone. Would there be a victim to call the police? yes. Would bystanders willingly call the police and tell them there was an accident? Of course! So we can assume that the police would show up and help. Is it appropriate for the police to extract some punishment for violating the rules of whatever private road the accident happened to occur on? yes. Is it appropriate for the victim to sue the speeder for driving recklessly and damaging his property? yes. So why is having a cop ticket people for speeding (or whatever other violation you can think of) when there is no victim a more rational way of deterring bad behavior than if they only came out when called?

Isn’t the threat of a lawsuit and a fine for creating an accident just as much of a deterrent against speeding as a speed trap? Is the public so dense that they need multiple layers of deterrence and laws to keep them from engaging in bad behavior? I say no.

The police serve themselves first and the State second, they do not serve the public at all. Service to the public must necessarily be something that is voluntarily funded by the public, where the public volunteers money to pay for their own protection. People would not dream of paying for poor service in a restaurant; it is ridiculous that the public should have to pay for poor service from police.

Watch what happens when citizens simply try to ask for a complaint form from various police departments around the country in the video below. Many times they are run out of the station or ARRESTED – FOR ASKING FOR A COMPLAINT FORM.

This is the customer service the public has come to expect from the pirate monopoly – skip ahead to time 28:00 to see what happens when citizens try to file a complaint with the police against the police:

edit on 17-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Cops are strictly a revenue generation for cities and states. Most don't care if you live or die so long as they get your money...Like the national war on drugs isn't about getting the drugs off the street,it's about confiscating the drug money to fill the coffers.....

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

This has been said 100 times before, but the Police don’t write the laws they enforce them. If you have an issue with a particular law or ordinance, take it up with the local elected official, not the police. Police don’t make property crime a top priority because of manpower issues and in any event crimes against people and public safety are the #1 priority for LEO’s. Some smaller towns and municipalities have plenty of downtime to go into great detail on property crimes but larger municipalities don’t.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Cops are strictly a revenue generation for cities and states. Most don't care if you live or die so long as they get your money...Like the national war on drugs isn't about getting the drugs off the street,it's about confiscating the drug money to fill the coffers.....

Fines levied for speeding and traffic violations generate very little revenue for most municipalities. It costs several hundred dollars an hour to keep an LEO on patrol (levelized cost), busting a few speeders now and then doesn’t really make a dent.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by SirMike
reply to post by mnemeth1

This has been said 100 times before, but the Police don’t write the laws they enforce them. If you have an issue with a particular law or ordinance, take it up with the local elected official, not the police. Police don’t make property crime a top priority because of manpower issues and in any event crimes against people and public safety are the #1 priority for LEO’s. Some smaller towns and municipalities have plenty of downtime to go into great detail on property crimes but larger municipalities don’t.

The police's job is to protect and serve the public.

If the law said that the mayor of a town gets to have sex with the first born daughter of every family, and the police were called upon to help enforce this law, they would be just as guilty as the mayor for upholding a law that violates the property rights of the citizenry.

Law is often but a tyrant's whim, and always so when it violates the rights of an individual.

The Nuremberg trials put an end to this notion that "just following orders" is a legitimate excuse for engaging in tyranny.

edit on 17-8-2011 by mnemeth1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Most don't care if you live or die so long as they get your money...

What a crap generalization...yes, they're revenue generating machines, and through questionable tactics at times, but to both label and group them together as you did shines of ignorance.

Tennessee huh..? Reno 911 must still be showing at prime time...every night.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I find it funny how people who think if there were no speed limits, everyone would be going 100 mph in previously 30mph zone.
Cmon, that's not going to happen. That's a scare tactic. If you put a recommended safe speed limit, most people will follow it, or at least go a speed that they think is safe(5-10 mph over it, just like happens now). And the dumb people who don't follow it will go up in a blaze of fury. Plus, they can only go as fast as the people in front of them...

S+F from me. those are my views on the po-pos as well.
edit on 17-8-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It seems to me that besides providing a revenue source for whatever level of government they represent all they do pretty much is clean up after the criminals when a crime has been already committed. More often than not nobody is ever brought to justice.

Many years ago my father was murdered, beaten to death outside a bar. There were witnesses, however no one was ever charged. I was left as an orphan and whoever killed my dad was off scott free.I think they did a great job
Guess why I don't like the po-po.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
It seems to me that besides providing a revenue source for whatever level of government they represent all they do pretty much is clean up after the criminals when a crime has been already committed. More often than not nobody is ever brought to justice.

Many years ago my father was murdered, beaten to death outside a bar. There were witnesses, however no one was ever charged. I was left as an orphan and whoever killed my dad was off scott free.I think they did a great job

I bet if you hired a private detective that case would have been solved.

Private security services are always a thousand times superior to criminal pirates.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1

Originally posted by lonegurkha

I bet if you hired a private detective that case would have been solved.

Private security services are always a thousand times superior to criminal pirates.

That would not have been possible as I was 10 years old. But nobody else did either. Now at 57 I see them for what they are. Revenue providers at the public expense. Back about 30 years ago right after I got married, our apartment was broken into while we were at work. It took the cops 4 hours to show up after being called. The perps clearly had to be able to see where my wife had hidden the rent money and her jewlery because nothing else was taken or disturbed. We lived in a third floor apartment. There was a window which looked into the room where the money and jewlery was taken. From the building next door. The brilliant cops who showed up accused me of chisiling through the door to rob myself. The next week the people from that apartment moved out.

We used to keep the phone number to the dounut shop on the corner next to the phone. I used it one time when two kids came down the street with golf clubs and garbage bags. They were breaking into cars and stealing whatever they found. I called the dounut shop and told them to send any cops there around the corner. I got three patrol cars in 30 seconds. I later talked to people who lived about a mile up the road and they had called 911 about two hours before I called the dounut shop. Turned out that about 20 people had called 911 while these kids went on a leasurly robbery spree.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by lonegurkha

You have my sincere sympathies.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Oops, bump
2nd

new topics

top topics

join