It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Longing for shipwrecks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I wasn't talking about a physical shipwreck, nobody wants to deal with that one; those are nightmarish.
Meaning the emotional shipwrecks, if you've never heard of it.
It's the feeling where everything is collapsing around you but you just don't care at that moment. The times of life where you stick yourself in the moment, when you get tired of pretending.When all of your feelings collide and you crash.

And you want to wake up but you can't wake up, you know what I mean ? You go through the motions in life so long that after a while nothing makes sense to you anymore. Then you become emotionally dead.

It's like having a midlife crisis at a young age. When you finally snap out of the feeling, you can see the world in new way. Then you can have Peace. You can get there without killing yourself or being on drugs.

You want and crave peace, yet you never get it. I guess in a way I'm looking for mental peace. Once I get that can I really keep my sanity is the next million dollar question. I didn't know how much work it is to stay sane, I thought it came naturally to people.
I'm at the point in my life where I can't heads or tails out of anything. I can't call it depression because I'm not sad. What is wrong with me ?
edit on 16-8-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   

This song helps in a way, if you listen to it closely there is a hidden meaning to it. Could mean anything but it refers to depression and addiction. Music helps the feeling, it doesn't go away but it slows up. If i'm going to break, hurry up already and let me break so I can get it over with.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Your post is very cryptic. I could spout out mantras about how happiness is a choice, but I don't feel like doing that right now. I think that if everything you're saying is just a projection of how you feel, try meditation.

My psychologist taught me how to meditate a few years back, and that's helped me so much.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by scolai

Your post is very cryptic. I could spout out mantras about how happiness is a choice, but I don't feel like doing that right now. I think that if everything you're saying is just a projection of how you feel, try meditation.

My psychologist taught me how to meditate a few years back, and that's helped me so much.

How was my post cryptic ? Couldn't you google the term. Just another nice neat way of saying mental breakdown

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Look, man/woman. I've been there. I know how it feels. There's no light at the end of the tunnel. It's just darkness. That's why you have to create your own light.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
every now and then, just go out and fart near people.

in elevators,

malls.

church/synagogue/other

take my words of wisdom and pass them verily forward. but do not light them. lest ye be burned...

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

We've all been there. There were times, situations, and events in my life where I just wanted to cease existing. But time healed all my wounds, and with that time also came spiritual growth. Things that shattered me before, I can now smile at. Things that would cause me great stress before now seem insignificant.

Trees get hit by lightning, animals get run over by cars. What's fair? Life deals out sufferings as indiscriminately as it gives pleasant joys.

With my current spiritual understandings, nearly all of my emotional problems are solved by one concept; change of perspective. Choose to be happy. Choose to be at peace. Choose to heal. Sometimes the easiest thing in the world becomes the hardest thing to do. But with practice, it is possible to simply choose to be happy; I honestly do it all the time.

Scolai is right, meditation does wonders! Emotions and thoughts are like a garden. The more energy you spend on a certain thought or emotion, the more it grows. If it is a counter-productive thought or emotion, weed it from yourself by changing the channel and focusing on anything else but that which burdens you. It takes conscious effort to do so. Meditation, hobbies, exercise, reading... anything you can do to keep your mind off it will help to cease nourishment to the thought/emotion, and just like a starved weed it will eventually die.

I hope my words help you in some way. I send Peace and Comfort to you. May you be well.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   

There's nothing wrong with you. Don't worry about staying sane, its over-rated. Just try to find out who you are and what you really want in life.

Easier said than done, but I think that's the place to start.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

I can relate to what you say and think it's important for you to know that you are not alone when it comes to these feelings. We live in dark and confusing times and it is no wonder many of us get these sensations from time to time. If the feelings persist and are causing you distress, I recommend you make an appointment with a Mental Health Professional and talk about your predicament.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartisblack
What is wrong with me ?

I am afraid you suffer from having a heart, paying attention and giving a damn.

While there is no cure, the really bad news is that it is not epidemic.

That is a fun way of saying something very serious. Knowing what you know, you are not going to fit in. But knowing what you know, you will stumble upon great things and know them, and act.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What ever anyone says or write it is unconditionally your story.
They are people that said I have been there and I know...they know nothing...they pretend to know because they failure is incandescent to they being.
You do realise that what you are seeking is in the grasping leap of no faith but reasoning.
Embraces the joy of just being in your heart and in your soul, live life in total awareness of this consciousness that is your dominion.
Good ride.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I'll take "Existential Crises" for $400, Alex. Been there, and it was painful for me. I collapsed in on myself like a dying star and didn't do well at keeping my sanity either. I had to work towards that. These days life is simpler even though I'm doing more with it. It really is all a matter of perspective.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
wc/
edit on 17-8-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join