It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Turkey planning for Syria?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Turkey seems close to taking some sort of action against Syria - but what will it be?

Source: www.nytimes.com...

BEIRUT, Lebanon — Turkey’s foreign minister demanded Monday that the Syrian government end its crackdown on a five-month-old uprising “immediately and unconditionally,” warning that unspecified steps would be taken otherwise.

“This is our final word to the Syrian authorities: Our first expectation is that these operations stop immediately and unconditionally,” Mr. Davutoglu said at a news conference in Ankara, the Turkish capital. “If the operations do not end, there would be nothing more to discuss about steps that would be taken,” he said, without saying what that action might include.

This all sounds rather ominous to me. I doubt Turkey is talking about sanctions or diplomatic action here. I also very much doubt they're bluffing. Let's remember the stakes here - Turkey is a NATO member, Syria has a defense pact with Iran. It would also seem Saudi Arabia is taking a hard line with Syria. This situation could heat up fast. Personally, I have a feeling that when it comes down to it, Iran will leave Syria to face the music alone. But that's just a hunch.

Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I think Turkey will just take out their ambassadors.

Other than that I reckon they would join a military coalition and get them some war experience for WWIII

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
This is what Turkey actually means:

Quit attacking the rebel dissidents in your country NATO is funneling arms to through the port city of Latakia. We have already spun the news of your shelling that city’s protestors in our news when you were actually shelling the Palestinian rebels who we have armed. If you do not stop attacking the people we have armed to violently overthrow you then we will be faced with no other choice but to take immediate steps.

You have two choices; surrender to our armed rebels or we will topple you.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

This all sounds rather ominous to me. I doubt Turkey is talking about sanctions or diplomatic action here. I also very much doubt they're bluffing. Let's remember the stakes here - Turkey is a NATO member, Syria has a defense pact with Iran. It would also seem Saudi Arabia is taking a hard line with Syria.

Its not just Saudi Arabia in the ME that is calling out Syria.

Jordan is calling them out.

www.usnewslasvegas.com...

Palestine is calling them out

ph.news.yahoo.com...

Half of Lebanon's government is calling them out (the other half supports the massacre)

www.globalpost.com...

Russia also called out Syria, saying Assad will face a 'sad fate' if he dosent stop killing his people. Syria looks to be pretty much backed into a corner, with barley any friends.

I also found this article that has some more info on what Turkey is saying.

www.usnewslasvegas.com...

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said on Monday that recent developments in Syrian cities of Deir al-Zour and Latakia could not be tolerated.

“On several occasions, we have called on Syrian authorities to put an immediate end to operations which cause civilian casualties. If operations are not halted, there will be nothing to talk about. What have happened in Deir al-Zour and Latakia cannot be tolerated, ” he said

"There will be nothing to talk about" .....So words will not be used anymore. What else is left after that? Syria already has sanctions placed on them, mostly from the West. It dosent look like those sanctions have done anything at all. Whats next?

I was watching the Colbert Report earlier tonight, and he interviewed the US ambassador to the UN, and she said the reason we are not bombing them yet, is because the US ambassador to Syria is saying the Syrian people want to do this all by themselves. (I dont know if that is true or not)

edit on 16-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-8-2011 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Curio

WW3 is up next for sure.

don't forget Turkey almost started a war between greece but they had to resign one of there leading officer .

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
ottoman empire 2.0? this time on the west's side? either way i wouldnt want to be on the bad end of a turk invasion

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by KilrathiLG

Yea, just wait till Israel gets involved, either because of refugee's or because of strategic planning.

2nd line

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

would make strange bed fellows turkey attacks Syria makes progress then Iran steps in then Israel strikes Iran....by default the Turks would be on the idf's side?

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   

No, the IDF would use Turkey as to some tactical advantage, probobly making their forces greatly weakened in the process.

The Hebrews are like that. Plus they have their evil Kabbalah to whip up all kinds of nasty things. Believe it.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by OldRepublic22

yeah but if they did team up that would be a power shift in the middle east you think the turks want nukes in iranian hands i mean sure there not too fond of the israli ones but still i think the turks are gonna take out syria

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OldRepublic22

No, the IDF would use Turkey as to some tactical advantage, probobly making their forces greatly weakened in the process.

The Hebrews are like that. Plus they have their evil Kabbalah to whip up all kinds of nasty things. Believe it.

I was counting 3,2,1 and Bam Shazam, here it is.
Another quote strait from Goebbels's mouth.

Erdogan in recent years is leading Turkey to what he believes to be the next super power of the middle east. He pretty much meddles in everything, especially since Turkey was rejected from joining the EU. Their greatest fear is not the death of the protestors, but the massive refugee flows lying at his doorstep.

new topics

top topics

join