It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calling Ron Paul supporters...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme

Originally posted by robyn
OP -- there are plenty of threads on here that discuss Ron Paul and his positions.

Call me paranoid but this feels like data mining. All in a days work I guess.

Pardon me if I'm incorrect.

Most certainly you are forgiven for that, not data mining at all, but as you said there are countless threads on the issue, way too many of them die very early into partisan mudslinging and personal attacks. I just wanted to try and collect the info here for myself instead of treading through some other mudladen threads. I could easily make my own here !

and I wont call you paranoid, it will only make you more paranoid!

Thank you for that. Paranoia susiding....I feel better now....

Here's a thread I started when Cut, Cap and Balance was current... Ron Paul votes against, "Cut, Cap and Balance". Why?

From that thread, to answer for your question, I offer the folowing:

"Playing partisan politics at this point in our fiscal history is pure cowardice and, as it jeoparizes the financial and actual integrity of our country, I would argue it is an act ot treason.

The vast majoity of Washington legislators are driven SOLELY by selfishness and self-centeredness (ii.e. Will this aid in my reelection or not? What special interest group will this placate?). Hence, their positions on items essential to the well being of our republic as a whole are seldom to never based on that simple premise and change with the prevaling political winds.

Selfishness and self-centeredness are endemic in our society. Lying has become acceptable. The first question most folks consider is, “What’s in it for me?” and not the far more principled question, “Is it right and moral?”.

Ron Paul still asks “Is it right and moral?” first. And, “Is it constitutional and in the best interest of the republic as a whole?”

Most politicians are skilled at appearing as though they have character. Ron Paul actually has character.

Running for the presidency it would have been far more politically expediant to have simply voted for this “cut, cap and balance” bill but Dr. Paul stood on his reasoned convictions.

Kudos to Dr. Paul. "

And, thanks again OP for your pardon.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

So far the thing that strikes me as most evident is the strict Constitutionality of his platform. That is something that is lost so much in today's political arena. We see it unfolding now with Obamacare. Constitutionality is an important topic to me. That document has existed for over 200 years for a reason.

Thank you for your input.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join