It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Legend of the Death Scream..... FACT OR FICTION???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
when i read this topic, i thought it had something to do with the wilhelm scream lol

For those who dont know, story behind it is it was a real scream of someone dying and is used in movies endlessly

en.wikipedia.org...

on the original topic If i heard a death scream during the night i think i would back one out on the spot

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
thanks for the link interesting stuff there

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Hi, I had experience with this scream when I was in a mountain base camp/shack.
It was around 2am, we were still chatting when we heard this screaming cry of 3 female voices as if somebody died.
at first it was from the back, outside of the house, then it went through the kitchen, passed by the dining area then passed by beside us, straight to the living room then toward the front door, then around 20 meters outside.

The sound seemed like it vibrates through the bones when it passed us, as if full of unexplainable grief.
The next morning we tried to find out if somebody died. fortunately, no one.

We also observed that the crickets stopped making noise as if there is total silence.
Outside, our dog and cat was looking at something (they were both silent), seems like they see it.
It's weird. I thought banshee is Irish? how come I'm hearing them here in Asia? hahaha

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Wow very very interesting story here. good to kno that no one ended up dying because of it but I still bet that was a freaky experience. So did everyone in the room hear it I'm guessing?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
Wow very very interesting story here. good to kno that no one ended up dying because of it but I still bet that was a freaky experience. So did everyone in the room hear it I'm guessing?

Yeps, 4 of us heard the wailing ladies.
It was so unnerving that for a moment we felt the emotional pain.
seems like it went through us because we were standing in their path.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
I see, that is pretty cool. You should maybe tryin research the are ato see what kind of history it has. Both the land and the building, check out former owners etc see if maybe anything of note took place there.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   
not something ive ever had any experience of

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by camouflaged

I felt nothing really. Just a little rainy and I had a toothache.

But I was playing a video game (Breath of Fire III) I was at the part were you kill a mutant plant(joke from the last scene in Terminator 2) that then gives birth to Peco one of your main playable characters.

Peco then goes to Yggdrasil (which its the only character that can talk to the sacred tree) and makes the tree its master.

Its either that or the part when Ryu (child ryu) was at angel tower(a sacred temple like area). After you beat Garr(your ally a priest/dragon slayer named Garr and Ryu doesn't kill him.) and met with the spirits of his slain ancestors Ryu tranforms into the kaiser dragon. Everyone thinks he "died". But later on Garr finds him as an adult in a mine. The start of the game was the coal mine.

My mom passed sometime when I was playing this part of the game.

Seeing how many video games my mom and my grandma bought me and my brother it seems fitting I was gaming when she left/graduated from this plain.
edit on 17-9-2011 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
have to say spoken like a true gamer right here

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Regardless of your beliefs, this may prove an insight to anyone who is interested. I've never heard a Banshee's wail personally, and if I have, I had blocked it out. Not that I ever want to hear one, as my friend hears them quite often.

My friend/mentor has a connection to Irish/European blood, as I recall. His personal abilities stem purely from his European descent, while mine stem mostly from a small portion of a Native blood and that runs through my own veins and a connection to those mindsets. Not enough to classify me as "Indian," but it's back there a few somewhere.

A few weeks back, I was talking to him, and he brought up the topic of "whispers on the wind." This quickly led to the discussion of Banshees. Growing up being in a family that embraces his abilities, he's heard it's call many times, and it still throws him off guard. This happens to him, even with people he does not know. His description of it is this:

It comes across as a sound similar to a shrieking cat. Faint, almost in the background, but there. Immediately after, an absolute wave of chills and dread overcomes him, like others have described in this thread. Perhaps the feeling comes from the scream itself, or is just a reaction to the scream. But the Banshee's scream is most definitely, in my opinion, a real thing.

posted on Sep, 23 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
you say it happens with people he dosent know as well as those that he does know? I have never heard of that before. But I dont doubt that it can happen

top topics

<< 1   >>

join