It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've decided to use my looks to get a job, long legs and all. Why not?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Buy a roll of duct tape and a razor. THen you can get rich bartending as a Flirt Clerk, too.

posted on Oct, 28 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

i'm concerned that i'd confuse their use, duct taping off my leg hair and slicing off my "business" with the sharps. The older and more addled i get the more elementary mistakes i make

And I'm afraid i dont know what a flirt clerk is, but if it involves wrapping my thingy and conkers in duct tape then the adventurous side of me will deffo need curbing.

ETA: when i read your reply i swore to myself i would not degrade the thread further with talk of my bits. Apologies all
edit on 28-10-2013 by skalla because: typo and ETA bit

edit on 28-10-2013 by skalla because: freudian slip - missed a "not". Is a freudian slip sexy nightware???

(post by RUFFREADY removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 5 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Talking to Bob..my Navy buddy ..he told me..

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Personally, I get very pissed off when people pay attention to looks in the workplace.
It does sometimes give you an advantage in getting a job, and sometimes in advancement- and that is screwed up, but unfortunately it's true. But it is terribly irritating to know you may have gotten it because of looks, instead of qualifications, and even worse to have other coworkers get jealous and grumble that you only got where you are because you are good looking. No matter how much effort you put into doing the job well, that assumption will always be made- which makes me livid that I don't get recognition for what I do!

I don't know what you mean by "using my looks"- if you got them, they are working for you. Unless you mean by being sexually provocative on purpose- which won't get you any more respect, and could even put you in danger. Men tend to assume that if you are putting it out there visually, you want to be taken, no matter what you say.

Do what you want, but even I find myself wondering if it isn't more for your own need for attention and confirmation of your attractiveness, that can start to worry women at a certain age. Personally, I am much happier now that I am getting older and getting wrinkles and all that, because I hated the attention, and can finally get some recognition for what I do!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 01:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

I know right!!

It's all a bunch of BS,,. I mean she's working at a Waffle house now Lol!!

They that come in just want coffee and eggs and Waffles !! lol!!

and a smile
and extra this or that
Long legs hahahahhahahahahahahaha!! Shut up!!

Next!!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
QoS, you're in FL? Take my advice if you really do have the means: Leave Florida. Leave while you can before you can't. You won't find job/career variety, let alone work happiness, down here. We're heavily dependent on tourists, and geriatric care, you should at least be aware of that much. Even nursing students have nearly zero prospects down here due to the overabundance of them all here, and few nursing jobs. The people in tourism/hospitality are lucky to get a job at all.

Whatever your calling, research other states and find a better fit because it's just a black hole of slim pickings down here. Or aim for Colorado and try to get in on their certain new industry somehow.

(post by RUFFREADY removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   
a reply to: queenofsheba

if you want to be successful in life... then flexibility is the key.

good for you... make the most of every opportunity with what you have.

all the best

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
reply to post by skalla

Buy a roll of duct tape and a razor. THen you can get rich bartending as a Flirt Clerk, too.

why the duct tape and razor? what is that for?

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

Best not go into that, no good will come of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I'm mightily impressed this thread from 2011 has been bumped. It was a facetious commentary I wrote but never expected it to still be alive and kicking. Thanks, all!

I have a part time fun job that I enjoy if anyone cares to know. Though why they would is beyond me. Funnest job I've ever had, to be honest. Plus the extra money is my "fun" money, so all in all life is good, living the dream. Lots of fun in the sun, boating and enjoying all that my surroundings offer. No worries, my hubby has the good job that pays the bills, etc. Me, I'm happy!

posted on Sep, 6 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join