It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Bright Ufo Just Past Over Springfield MO Just Now

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Remember Oct 28 2011 "D4rk Kn1ght"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do know that the D4rkKn1ght thing was a hoax don't you?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi
It was traveling east at less than 3,000 ft and was Bright white, it wasn't going any faster than about 150mph, although i didn't capture it on camera because i don't have one that works at night, i did however have a witness with me and others around the complex witnessed it as well. as we speak this thing is heading east.

IT WAS AWESOME

I saw the samething around 10:15 pm last night. At first I thought it was a plane with it's lights on, but when it passed, there wasn't any sound and the brightness never faded until it was out of sight. Then, I thought it might have been a satellite, but then realized it was too low. I could see multiple planes, but their lights weren't as bright as the object and I could see their flashing blue, red and green lights where the object was only bright white.

btw, I live out in the country in Central Ohio and the object was traveling slightly north east. No video or pics, but multiple witnesses.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by KnightFire

It was traveling east at less than 3,000 ft and was Bright white, it wasn't going any faster than about 150mph, although i didn't capture it on camera because i don't have one that works at night, i did however have a witness with me and others around the complex witnessed it as well. as we speak this thing is heading east.

IT WAS AWESOME

I saw the samething around 10:15 pm last night. At first I thought it was a plane with it's lights on, but when it passed, there wasn't any sound and the brightness never faded until it was out of sight. Then, I thought it might have been a satellite, but then realized it was too low. I could see multiple planes, but their lights weren't as bright as the object and I could see their flashing blue, red and green lights where the object was only bright white.

btw, I live out in the country in Central Ohio and the object was traveling slightly north east. No video or pics, but multiple witnesses.

So,that is 3 of us that saw whatever it was heading in the same direction at approximately in a 20 min time frame over about,would you say 500 miles?
I don't think it was the ISS,cause it was on the other side of the world.
But ,how long does it take for it to circumvent the planet?

Well,tonight the ISS is suppose to be pretty bright at about 10:40 pm heading the same direction.

Maximum altitude Date/time: 8/15 20:46:40 Azimuth: 135.48° (SE) Elevation (altitude): 37.59° Magnitude: -1.6 Distance to satellite: 598.4 km In Earth's shadow (eclipsed): NO

edit on 15-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by anumohi

It was traveling east at less than 3,000 ft and was Bright white, it wasn't going any faster than about 150mph, although i didn't capture it on camera because i don't have one that works at night

I've always wondered how people can lock down an altitude of a glowing light in the night sky. Speed I can see, but how can you even begin to estimate it's altitude? the only reason you can reliably do that with a plane is you have a relative understanding of it's dimensions.

But a strange glowing light in the night sky?

Whatever, I'm happy you got to see this, not once, but several times, must be nice. I have see satellites and the ISS but that's about it :/

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The ISS is usually a short transit, this is the times over my area tonight so under three minutes, it circles the Earth 90-92 minutes, it could vary from that I don't know. 10:46:45 pm SSW 10:49:03 30° visible -2.3 (very bright)

All included in there is what you should be detailing or no. As it says on the tin, it's very bright, visually it's very slow to pass, the reasons why Phage has put quite succinctly. In fact it's a bit like watching paint dry, even though the transit is short like tonight, and there is little fade out, it can disappear quite suddenly, but relative to the lateness of the evening. All the OP has said so far, is a good match for the ISS. As for knowing how high up something like a bright light moving or otherwise is, you can only guess, and even there it has to be an educated guess together with something KNOWN as in airliners and choppers, and Santa and his reindeer. A bright light on its own would be impossible visually. So it was wrong to call one early commonsense poster 'goofy'

Having said that, It is still the OP's experience, but he could have offered more info to begin with.

I thought I should add that the times here are approximate, it's always late, I don't know why as that is, those are Belfast times, and I am a good bit more south than Belfast.
edit on 15-8-2011 by smurfy because: Add text.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

We're talking about the same thing at the same time
I'm just longwinded!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982

Originally posted by KnightFire

IT WAS AWESOME

So,that is 3 of us that saw whatever it was heading in the same direction at approximately in a 20 min time frame over about,would you say 500 miles?
I don't think it was the ISS,cause it was on the other side of the world.
But ,how long does it take for it to circumvent the planet?

Well,tonight the ISS is suppose to be pretty bright at about 10:40 pm heading the same direction.

Maximum altitude Date/time: 8/15 20:46:40 Azimuth: 135.48° (SE) Elevation (altitude): 37.59° Magnitude: -1.6 Distance to satellite: 598.4 km In Earth's shadow (eclipsed): NO

edit on 15-8-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

One thing I can say is, the object was only visible for 30 - 45 seconds from the west horizon to the east horizon and it's very open where I live. In other words, nothing but farm land around me.
Also, it seemed as though the object was lower in altitude than the jets I could see. I have no idea how high the object was, but it seemed much larger in mass than the jets. That's why I'm assuming it was lower in altitude.

I will be watching for it again tonight. Something odd, and I didn't give it a second thought until now. Early Friday morning say around 1:30 AM, I saw a stationary bright white light in the eastern sky very far away. I'm thinking it was the ISS. I looked at it through my binoculars and it was so bright it was very hard to tell it's shape.

Every time I have viewed the ISS, it has been more of a stationary bright star in the sky. The object I saw last night was moving fast, very fast. So it's hard for me to believe it was the ISS.
edit on 15-8-2011 by KnightFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel

Remember Oct 28 2011 "D4rk Kn1ght"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You do know that the D4rkKn1ght thing was a hoax don't you?

All I said was remember Oct 28 2011

Ya and the Sun was the center of the solar system was a HOAX for hundred of year too.

Remember Oct is just around the corner

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join