It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something odd with EAS last night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
I sleep with my TV on every night. On the weekends, I leave the channel on CNN. Last night ~2:45 a.m. the EAS warning popped on the screen. This is odd because I've never seen this on CNN. The alert itself didn't last as long as it usually does, either. Immediately, CNN turned into some hokey Cutlerycorner garbage that reminded me of a really bad version of Home Shopping Network. I watched this play out for 1 1/2 minutes and I know this exactly because there was a counter on the screen. When the counter made it to zero, it panned to some weird lady selling some other sort of knifing system.

I thought maybe I accidentally changed the channel so I picked up the remote and sure enough, the channel was still CNN. So I turned the channel to the next and then back to CNN and this time it showed CNN programming.

What happened? I google Cutlery Corner and from what I can tell it is a satellite program. Why did it take over CNN?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
When you have over 1000 feeds off of one satellite,sometimes they change over the transmitter to a different feed.
Some engineer probably accidently put THAT feed on CCN,caught the mistake and corrected it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
So the EAS system woke you up at 2:45 AM to watch cutlery corner in the CNN slot. Sounds like they were selling butter knives, they don't sell the Calvary swords till after 3 AM. Without a little more information we can't go very far with this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Um
to the previous poster.

Thanks to the person saying it was a satellite feeding problem. A quick question, though. I use Comcast Cable. Would that matter? Thanks again!

new topics

top topics

join