It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on SouthPark? (Best Cartoon EVER IMO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
It has its moments but I never really found it as funny as others did. The original and newer episodes just seem horrible and unwatchable but the highlight for me is definitely Randy Marsh. He's the Zoidberg and Homer Simpson of South Park, not someone the show revolves around but definitely the funniest character of the show (ok, so Homer may sound like a bad example but remember, for a few years The Simpsons was mainly about Bart as the main character)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hello all, first post and it had to be on this topic.

South Park is (IMO) the best cartoon and possibly tv show ever. It has the most evil character created (cartman) and the dumbest (randy marsh).
I find people who say they dont like it have never seen a episode since the first season, what they dont know is how much it has changed. its not just children swearing, its very very clever.

What more could you want from it, no-one is safe in this show and as far as im aware its the only mainstream show out there that will actually speak the truth and wont pussy-foot around. Perfect example is the one a couple of sesons ago to do with the celebrities having 'sex-addiction', they said its not a addiction/illness its blokes taking advantage of having women throw themselves at them.
Also check out the britney spears episode as well, shockingly funny.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

Just
I dont think the show is any where close to what might be the best tv show ever. I do agree with most every thing else you said about it. No one is really safe from being talked about on that show, with the exception of there censors using veto power.

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by just1cornell0

Yeah, as I said in my post above yours, I've seen episodes from every season and seen whole seasons over the years but I honestly think Family Guy is a lot funnier (even though that too has its episodes where it's not funny but those are rare).

They're creative and the Coon and Friends trilogy was pretty cool but I still think the best things Matt and Trey have ever done that are consistently funny from start to finish are BASEketball and Team America: World Police.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Oh come on people. Watch South Park for the laughs not the frankly ridiculous messages that get shoehorned into episodes.

That's like saying "I watch zombie movies for the message, Y'know something about not being able to adapt to the modern world... Conservatives or something. Yeah." No one has been inspired to change their life for south park. They have just been inspired to laugh now stop trying to make a big deal about jumped up commentary and watch the darn thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

like the 'Cartoon Wars' episodes. Trey and Matt really weren't happy with Comedy Central about that

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

They're creative and the Coon and Friends trilogy was pretty cool but I still think the best things Matt and Trey have ever done that are consistently funny from start to finish are BASEketball and Team America: World Police.

Have to disagree on BASEketball, but yeah, Team America was pretty hysterical.. I laughed so much in the theater seeing that. I even bought the soundtrack...just for "America, F*&% Yeah!....Coming again to save the M*&%$# F&$^%ing day yeah!"

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
One of my favorite epi's was "Medicinal Fried Chicken".
It was Randy (and I do agree about Randy being one of the funniest, Cartman tops him) Microwaving his balls so he can legally purchase "his medicine". I will never forget the scene with him and his friends bouncing down the sidewalk on Space Hopper sized scrotal sacks.

I almost burst into tears. Laughter and wincing.

While I do love Family guy and have done since the first series, I don't like the long winded drawn out jokes, like when peter keeps bashing his shin and he just sits there for minutes just excliaming his pain. "Awww, aww,awww,awww,awww,aww,aww,awwwwwwww,awww."
There lots of those types of jokes and I find them tedious.
But they do have alot of quick fire jokes too, so that makes up, I prefer South Park.
edit on 9-9-2011 by Chukkles because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   
BUMPING OLD THREAD ....

My favorite Southpark episodes ...
The Mormon episode .... "dum dum dum dum dum"
The Scientology episode ... 'SUE ME! GO AHEAD!" ... and then the credits are all 'John Smith'.
The Goth Kids

Fall 2013 ... I'm betting on episodes about Zimmerman/Martin ... Twerking Raisins ala Miley Cyrus .... Obama starting WWIII ... Under the Dome ... Maybe Hunger Games (they could have fun with Cartman with that one) ....
edit on 9/17/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Gazrok
Team America was pretty hysterical..

Awesomely fun movie ... in typical Southpark fashion.
And that theme song gets stuck in your head!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Gazrok
What are some of your favorite episodes?

The Whale Wars spoof (F* you dolphin and F* you whale!)
Imagination Land series
The Cthulhu Series
The Food Network spoof
Anything with Tom Cruise
Satan's Sweet Sixteen (Gacey, Bundy and Dahmer as the Stooges was genius)

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
SouthPark is Great!!!!!! Especially when the "Internet" runs out and they go far out west to go look for some internet, "There was a ghost!! it attacked me!! it got ectoplasm everywhere!! Did you see the ghost???!!!" LMFAO
Family Guy is another great show and I think both TV shows do a great job of high lighted the various things of todays societies that are great.

posted on Sep, 25 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
When my wife died.. I might have (I can't believe it my cat right now as I am typing this is meowing at me at my bedroom door...jeeeze..so annoying!! But...that's all I got right now) gone nuts!! But..I watched all of the south park shows and it totally kept me alive!!

I love this one!! (my cat does this if I actually like what I cooked for myself..) I was LOL!!! watching this again!! holy jeeezee!!! hah aha ha h ah aha ha ha ha hha ha !!!

edit on 26-9-2013 by RUFFREADY because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I've been watching South Park since the beginning. Never missed an episode, and yes some can be a bit trying at times. The fact that they've paved the way for comedy at the end of the 1990s on shows a lot for the high viewership of the show. I also watch family guy, american dad, cleveland show and all the Seth Macfarlane goodies. Nothing gets to me like South Park though! It'll always be a classic

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join