It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your thoughts on SouthPark? (Best Cartoon EVER IMO)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Who here watches southpark?

Personally I think Matt stone and Trey parker are comical geniuses who deserve medals but that's just me.. Southpark seems to be like marmite. You either love it or hate it. You either get it or don't get it.

A lot of people are often offended by southpark as they think the show attacks their personal beliefs, race or religion. I couldn't disagree more. Southpark takes the piss out of both the British and out of black people. I am mixed race and British. I have never taken offence to southpark. One of them has Jewish heritage themselves before you complain about the extent of apparent 'Anti Semitism' on the show. (Can't remember which of the two.)

Matt and Trey don't pick on one demographic and discriminate against them. They find funnies in anything and everything and ignore social taboo. I think this is exactly what our society needs.

You see at the core of 'SouthPark' is notion that all Human beings are the same at heart. We all laugh. We all cry. Some people just don't see this.

Personally I think SouthPark is one of the if not the best cartoon/program to ever come out.

Your thoughts on SouthPark?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't watch it too often anymore, but genius it certainly is. Extremely high popular art. And every episode is like a little life lesson that magnifies the absolute stupidity of most people's beliefs. People who have a problem with South Park really just have a problem when the fallacies of their beliefs are pointed out in such obvious fashion. Since they can't handle thinking, they attack the messenger. Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I think it is pretty good as well, but personally I think futurama is better.
And people who are offended by south park clearly don't get what this show is about.

edit on 13-8-2011 by juleol because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I used to like it......until i heard of Family Guy lol

I like Cartman, hes hilarious haha

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I really used to like south park, but in my opinion, Family Guy is the better cartoon.

Metalocalypse destroys both of them, but there just aren't enough episodes.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
South Park is great, I think I've seen every single episode. Some of the newer ones are hilarious. I do like how they aren't afraid to make fun of certain things that other tv shows won't even touch. It's one of the reasons South Park is so great.

By the way, you can watch every episode online for free at Link
Just click on "watch full episodes" at the top. Every episode from every season

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Love South Park, its one show I can keep watcing over and over. I thought that the show would get old and I'd get over it eventually, but the new stuff is just as funny as the old stuff..... Fav episodes

- creme freche
- The space money episode
- The underpants gnomes
- The talking whale episode
- Anything with towlie

Cheers

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
double post
edit on 13-8-2011 by Hooligan42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
South Park is great

While I do not agree with every conclusions and message it sends, they have no fear in discussing the issues.

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Love SP.

Yep , have a warped sense of humor too. S&F since you do

Thought the writers and I were related when it first came out and they had stolen some of my ideas lol. Lmbo at them all of the time. Who couldn't love 'em?

I could do without the Jesus part though, being a Christian and all. But I still love watching the show, I think it is gr8!

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
South Park has always been a hit and miss with me. Some of the episodes are so brilliant that I would watch them over and over again. But some episodes are just pointless and stupid.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love South Park. I agree though, sometimes they can get a bit out there...but the funny thing is, they usually all actually have some very valid social commentary.

And, they can be very topical, often reflecting events that happened only days ago in the news. The first seasons still have some of the best episodes though...

Oddly, I don't like Parker and Stone's other work all that much, though I've seen it...but love South Park.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I stopped watching it as it was just too foul, esp the body function stuff.
I did like the hippies episode and the Civil War reenactors ('General Cartman-Lee')
they really let Al Gore have it with manbearpig.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
South park rules, but as another poster said.... their other work is terrible.

Orgazmo?

Baseketball???

My God those were horible movies...

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I love the show but....
I've seen a couple interviews with the creators and they are very snotty people.
I don't like them at all.

But they make a hell of a cartoon.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Alexander the Great

I still have a hard time believing they are Mormons!

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I watch the cartoon just because it is funny. I don't like the art work. Sometimes I would comment that they might have gone a little to far with one thing or another. I like that they will take on any topic. Weather I thought something went to far or not I don't like it when an episode has been censored.

posted on Aug, 24 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Mana from Heaven.

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Yep, there have been a couple episodes that went a bit far.... The aborted fetus one, for example, is still probably one of the worst (Christopher Reeves sucking on decapitated aborted fetuses...)

*shudders*

A bit over the line...

What are some of your favorite episodes?
For me, the Visitors episode was great...and the one where Cartman is up against Scott Tannerman....

posted on Aug, 25 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I am no expert on the series, but I did like the one on the collapse of the sub prime housing market. Also the one on the WOW, gaming.

<<   2 >>

join