It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Navy Vet Sues Donald Rumsfeld for Torture in Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

US Navy Vet Sues Donald Rumsfeld for Torture in Iraq

www.truth-out.org

Donald Vance and Nathan Ertel say their lives took a shocking turn after they witnessed the sale of U.S government weapons to Iraqi rebel groups for money and alcohol. First they became FBI informants and collaborated with an investigation into their employer. But then the company revoked the men’s credentials for entering Iraq’s so-called Green Zone, effectively barring them from the safest part of the country. Shortly thereafter, they were arrested and detained by U.S. troops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
As a Soldier that's been over to both Afghanistan, and Iraq this really PISSES me off! Something that would really get my rocks off would be if it was George W. Bush.. that would seriously be epic, but I'm glad there's people out there that aren't afraid to blow a whistle. I think we all knew this was long over due for the regime.. or maybe it's not the end I don't know. Thoughts anyone?

www.truth-out.org

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

You are saying about George Bush.....I believe little ol George and Rummy were good buddies?? NO??

Bush NEEDS a large scale investigation done......He was the most corrupt of anyone who ever stepped foot on American soil...IMO

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Chrisfishenstein

Well said, sir.
I agree and that's what I am saying.. Donald Rumsfeld is a small fish compared to George.. damn this type of news really gets under my skin

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by 31Bravo

You are saying about George Bush.....I believe little ol George and Rummy were good buddies?? NO??

Bush NEEDS a large scale investigation done......He was the most corrupt of anyone who ever stepped foot on American soil...IMO

I would have to disagree with you on this. I think Bush was as much a victim as anyone else. The really creepy people are Rumsfield and Cheney and I believe Bush was simply used because he was electable and it was a certainty who he would pick to fill the government roles.

The first Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield with all their Cia connnections are a very scary trio and I actually have sympathy for Bush jr. I think he got played like a little fiddle.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

I respect your opinion kro, in fact I pick your brain, and knowledge because I know you understand these types of topics.. but I am definently not with you on your theory. Bush had just as much of an agenda, as the other two you named.. Rumsfeld resigned because he knew he was in over his head, and possibly figured that he would be involved in some type of war trial later on.. something he knew, we didn't, was going on. How would anyone explain the differences of the deficit differences between presidents? Same wars, same necessity of expended resources.. Nothings changed. I know Obama is not an ounce of even the word "ok", and I don't want to get off topic by talking about the differences of the two but Bush's hands are dripping with blood imo.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by kro32

HEY YAH the Bush Clan are Squeeky Clean Victims..

the Bush clan are paramount criminals... Prescott was 'trading with the enemy' and taught his brood well..

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 31Bravo

As a Soldier that's been over to both Afghanistan, and Iraq this really PISSES me off! Something that would really get my rocks off would be if it was George W. Bush.. that would seriously be epic, but I'm glad there's people out there that aren't afraid to blow a whistle. I think we all knew this was long over due for the regime.. or maybe it's not the end I don't know. Thoughts anyone?

www.truth-out.org

While I haven't been to Afghanistan, I've been to Iraq as a soldier when it kicked off in 03 and as a civilian in 07-10 and this stuff is not only insulting its also everything we are supposedly over there to change. If I'm not mistaken, is this not the exact same kind of behaviour Saddam was tried for???
edit on 12-8-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
It seems to me this will be a very tough fight, and I hope to God they win the battle.

Of course, fighting Cheney in Court will be tough at any time - and there's no doubt the playing field isn't an even one. Money is probably changing hands right now.

But if Cheney is found guilty that makes him officially guilty of war crimes - which is unprecented, and could potentially open some pretty big flood gates.

God, I hope they get this b$%^&*d, though.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebeldog
reply to post by kro32

HEY YAH the Bush Clan are Squeeky Clean Victims..

the Bush clan are paramount criminals... Prescott was 'trading with the enemy' and taught his brood well..

Prescott was in bed with the Nazis in more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

and i bet no has said to you "thank you for your service" well let me say , thank you for your service, glade that you made it home, and thank you fro defending me and mine and yours!!
yes i agree D.R. and G.W.B. should be held accountable for what was done or not done. No one is above the law.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Iraq should sue the US for invading their country based on false pretences. There weren't just Americans who got screwed, misused and lied too. Not any where close to what Iraq had to suffer under a US siege.

I wonder why the UN hasn't pressed charges based on the false evidence Colin Powell brought before the UN. I guess some nations like the US can get away with anything.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Those 2 will be dead before it gets to trial.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Those 2 will be dead before it gets to trial.

American justice

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein
reply to post by 31Bravo

I would have to disagree with you on this. I think Bush was as much a victim as anyone else. The really creepy people are Rumsfield and Cheney and I believe Bush was simply used because he was electable and it was a certainty who he would pick to fill the government roles.

The first Bush, Cheney and Rumsfield with all their Cia connnections are a very scary trio and I actually have sympathy for Bush jr. I think he got played like a little fiddle.

Bush Jr. played like a fiddle huh??

George W Bush owned an energy company in the early years of his life after college at Harvard and Yale. He sold his stocks prior to the day it went bankrupt, which is a criminal felony charge. Well his dad got elected that year and all of a sudden his stock sale investigation goes away??? HMMMMM

Now after he gets the money from the stock sale, he purchases part of the Texas Rangers baseball team, he puts in $800,000 that he received from his energy company stocks, and then sales the part of his baseball team for about 15 million dollars profit.

Now starting early into a life of crime is the way all these convicts start out....The easy buck!!! Once you get that taste, it's over!! I don't want to get into a 9/11 conversation here but, multiple trillions of dollars missing with the collapse of building 7......Cheney owns an energy company (Halliburton), which happens to get the bid on the oil contract in Iraq after the "so-called" terrorists attacked....CHA CHING.....

I don't see Bush as anything less than a crook, convict, whatever term you would want to plug in there.....IMO

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by itbenickp
While I haven't been to Afghanistan, I've been to Iraq as a soldier when it kicked off in 03 and as a civilian in 07-10 and this stuff is not only insulting its also everything we are supposedly over there to change. If I'm not mistaken, is this not the exact same kind of behaviour Saddam was tried for???
edit on 12-8-2011 by itbenickp because: (no reason given)

Just saying thank you for paving the way. Secondly, you are absolutely right.. I went in thinking it was for "truth, justice, and the American way" then I find out how deep the rabbit hole went and I got out after 5 yrs.. what a waste of my life.. the experience was great, and friendships I've made. I found out it was about oil and more and I was disappointed greatly.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by 31Bravo

and i bet no has said to you "thank you for your service" well let me say , thank you for your service, glade that you made it home, and thank you fro defending me and mine and yours!!
yes i agree D.R. and G.W.B. should be held accountable for what was done or not done. No one is above the law.

Actually I never really was the type for the glory.. I was in it for what I believed being a Soldier stood for and that was doing a service to my country.. not a service for George/Cheney/Rumsfeld.. but thank you
I just hope Rumsfeld gets whatever karma feels he deserves

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Funny thing about karma....its an eternal debt....if it dont get ya this time around , well maybe next time around yer working in S%^t
Theyll all get what comming to them as will we .....
Unless you yourself are sinless.........?

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by 31Bravo

I dont see this going anywhere anytime soon. The Federal court that is allowing this to go forward apparently missed the memo the supreme Court put out about qualified immunity.

new topics

top topics

join