It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emergency Broadcast System issuing "Monthly Tests" almost every night. Am I the only one?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Just heard a new one while my son was watching Sesame Street. It was something about being a test of the warning system for all those with in the area of the North Anna Nucular plant in Virginia.( I live about 100 miles away from it) I have never heard that one before, it's usually just weather related ones. Gave me the creeps for sure. I like to be warned but it seems like I am hearing that "eeernt eeernt eernt" sound WAY too often these days. Makes you wonder.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Since returning to the US on 06 Aug, i've seen two EBS so far. One was a test, one was a Amber Alert for SoCal. I'm on Time Warner in SoCal.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SatoriTheory

Originally posted by AuntB
Another person mentioning November 9th. Am I missing a prediction or something?

It all became 'public' 10 years ago. You know the date, everyone does.

st.

Afraid I don't, care to fill us in?

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Do you believe 9/11 were terrorist attacks or not?

st.

posted on Aug, 18 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AR154

Symbolism is important.

Here is an example. May 1st is also known as 'May Day'. Mayday (space removed) is the international distress signal.

st.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
I live in Zanesville Ohio and the EBS is on nightly around 3:00am 5:00. I work midnight's as a police officer so I'm always awake all night even on my days off. We are living in some crazy times,just hope TPTB aren't forgetting to tell us something.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Emergency Alert System: Why US is doing first national test today, 11-9-11.

news.yahoo.com...

Makes you wonder if their planning on using the system soon.

Sorry, ATS wouldn't let me make a New Thread cause I don't post enough. I had to pull up an old one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ZenTam

Yea i was going to post the article you just did, this kind of makes you wonder first they have some type of illusory drill in Denver now this, strange ongoings indeed.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I hope all these tests don't have anything to do with an upcoming conflict in Iran.

They do these tests often enough and people will begin to ignore them.

Who still reads the scrolling text on the bottom of the TV screen?

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I've noticed not only an increase in tv and radio tests but the sirens go off once a week now. They use to test them on the first Wednesday of every month. I wonder why they didn't have the sirens go off with the national test today? I'm in Alabama...
edit on 9-11-2011 by wardk28 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
Allow me to dig up a long-dead thread here. I'm obviously way behind the rest of the class here in posting, but I felt it was worth noting that here in FL, via Bright House cable, that the EAS testing has ramped up to "incessant". There are at least 6 EAS tests during the daylight hours that we've counted daily, and overnight around 10 of them every night/overnight. That's at least 16 EAS tests for a 24-hour period for us. I understand they claimed an increase would be due to collecting data, but it just seems off. Do they REALLY need to run the EAS 16 damn times a day in the Tampa Bay area for that? Is that necessary for any area? Or is there something else afoot here that we're not privy to? I hate to go "there" as a skeptic, but this is pinging my WTF meter off the charts lately.
edit on 10/15/2012 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join